Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » JSA Classified #2 cover (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: JSA Classified #2 cover
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by armsfalloffboy:
I think she's Laurel Gand. I might be okay with that, if it's handled well. Can't wait to get this one...

*Mouth drops at the notion*

Certainly an interesting idea.

[ May 17, 2005, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
noooo i like power girl and i like laurel gand and i like super girl. no replacements they are different. isn't pg about 25 anyways. she was never a teen character except maybe waaayyyyy back in infiniti inc.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Sadly when i was introduced to the Legion and Power Girl they seemed older than her.

I hate seeing them as pip squeaks next to a hero. Can't wait for the Cockrum type Legion to appear. pip squeak legion don't sell very well but i guess they don't get that yet.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! How did I miss this thread?
We've already seen that the future isn't set in stone folks. Apparently multiple futures are possible (but not multiple pasts). Maybe Power Girl is Laurel Gand and Rond Vidar's daughter from the story about the war with the disk-heads.
remember? She disappeared and was never recovered prior to End of An Era.
Wow. Heck, as far as I care she could even be the original version and be the original Earth-2 Kal-L's cousin. I'd love to see Wally Wood's Power Girl make it into the LSH.
Whatever happens it just made into my "must buy" list.
Cool cover too.

[ May 17, 2005, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: Yellow Kid ]

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
quote:
Originally posted by armsfalloffboy:
I think she's Laurel Gand. I might be okay with that, if it's handled well. Can't wait to get this one...

*Mouth drops at the notion*

Certainly an interesting idea.

I would just hate it.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
Dear God nooooooo!!!!!

Wasn't the whole point of this half arsed reboot because legion continuity was too convoluted for new fans and now you want to throw Powergirl in the mix. This could be the moment people reflect on in a few years as to when the reboot when to poop.

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The one true origin of Power Girl

PG was sent by the threeboot legion founders to the 1960s to acquire the silver age comics that 31st century teens read. They really love Curt Swan illustrated Superman and the old JSA/JLA teamups and ordered these heavily.

On the way back to the 31st century, the toxic fumes given off by the decaying newsprint and lead residue from the printing process played havoc with her Daxamite physiology causing her to lose her memory. However she retained memories from her original orders and believed that she was some how linked to superman of earth-2.

When her ship was lost, PG's mother (the comic lady of legion HQ) dispatched Arion whose store (Atlantis Comics) is the largest transchronal wholesaler of silver age memoriabilia in the timestream, to protect PG and the lost comics until another timeship could be sent rescue her.

[ May 17, 2005, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: Tamper Lad ]

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Of course, now that I think about it, the peekaboo nature of PG's top combined with the bottomless attributes of TMK Laurel could make for my NEW FAVORITE HEROINE!

Kidding, kidding. I'm not necessarily saying I'm all for PG as Andromeda, but if done well, I could live with it.

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Being the daughter of Vidar and Laurel Gand is a very interesting idea!!!
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

[Big Grin] and that would give somebody an excuse to eventually use Universo as a 21st Century villian just like they did with 'ol winghead, Mordru.

I know it's controversial but I am SO looking forward to this issue.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baycent54
new

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baycent54   Author's Homepage   Email baycent54         Edit/Delete Post     
Did anyone notice that Lightning Lad's bolt seems to be hitting Imra in the...arse?
From: Michigan | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles Phipps
I'm actually the Time Trapper...shhhhhh

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles Phipps   Email Charles Phipps         Edit/Delete Post     
He hits her alot with his bolts there...

and weirdly, the connotations of that statement are unintentional.

http://www.dccomics.com/media/excerpts/3881_x.pdf

Five page preview here

[ May 18, 2005, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: Charles Phipps ]

--------------------
Author of "Machine Goddess" and "The Undying Machine"
Machine Goddess: http://tinyurl.com/gkp5z
Undying Machine: http://tinyurl.com/jvw9p

Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
I will have to dig it up - someone mentioned the preview on JSA Classified #3 and Power Girl's connection to Mordru. Be back soon.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

??
It appears she gets the whole "origin of Supergirl" treatment in the preview. Interesting...but there's something else going on in the last couple of panels that could change everything.
...hhhmmmm...

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
ah....like i said before - i found it!

here it is:
> JSA CLASSIFIED #3
> Written by Geoff Johns
> Art and cover by Amanda Conner & Jimmy Palmiotti
> Finally it can be revealed, the shocking origin of
> Power Girl. Torn
> from the late 20th Century, she was the mystical
> twin of the true Kara
> Zor-EL, created by Mordru in his quest for revenge
> against the JSA, and
> flung far into the 31st Century. She was a member of
> the Legion, but
> the question is, what Legion? The answer will
> astound you, and open the
> floodgates to an Infinite Crisis.

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.