Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » JSA Classified #2 cover (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: JSA Classified #2 cover
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not sure these three have looked worse since the last Legion Secret Files.
From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Aww, I thought they looked cute...

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
I never read any of the Psycho Pirate's post-COIE appearances, but I did some googling earlier, and the PP subplot in Morrison's 'Animal Man' involves the deranged Pirate trying to undo the Crisis by conjuring up the lost Earths and all their lost stories and characters. Apparently, the multiple earths were inside of him all along, or at least he imagined they were.

I doubt the story was considered in continuity then, but it's very curious that he should show up again on the eve of the next Crisis, giving birth to what looks like the WaK Legion founders.

[ July 24, 2005, 05:41 AM: Message edited by: Tromium ]

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
They look like the WaK founders to me. Is Powergirl and the JSA going to be the link to the 21st Century for the Legion in the same way that Superboy (Silver Age) was the Vol1 Legion's link to the 20th Century?

I was reading JSA Classified #1 and my wife wanted to know if they could make Powergirls boobs any bigger.

-

That's a thumbnail click on it for a bigger image.

[ July 24, 2005, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: googoomuck ]

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I liked the line:
"Green Lantern used to ask me why I never wore a mask. It's becuase most of the time, they ain't lookin at my face." [Styx]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Here's a better look at the page Nightcrawler posted above, in full color:

Click for fullsize image

*DROOL*
God, do I love Amanda's art!

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Uh, not to my tastes.

Looks like Archie, Bettie, and Reggie, on purpose. Was it meant as a joke on the Archie Legion?

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by googoomuck:

I was reading JSA Classified #1 and my wife wanted to know if they could make Powergirls boobs any bigger.

-

That's a thumbnail click on it for a bigger image.

Blame Wally Wood (PG's creator) I don't think Wally ever figured out how to draw women with small boobs. Wally's comic book females were a drool fest for us adolescants back in the day.
God bless him.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, it was Joe Staton who first gave PG the generous rack on the cover of Showcase. He mentioned it in a recent interview.
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
Uh, not to my tastes.

Looks like Archie, Bettie, and Reggie, on purpose. Was it meant as a joke on the Archie Legion?

Nope. That's just Amanda's style. Her drawings are bold and simple but somehow her panels are all chock-full of backround details, sight gags and easter eggs for the eagle-eyed reader. Funny you should mention the Archie Legion because her work has been described as " the Archie gang with sex appeal" and I believe she got her start on the Sabrina series at Archie comics.
Her art is by no means standard superhero fare, having a much more satirical bent to it. Probably why she was hired for this series, since it's being played for laughs despite it's upcoming ramifications to this "Infinite Something -or-Other".

Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
no way was it joe staton. he became the JSA artist after wally wood. i remember seeing wally wood's Power Girl and being shocked. Showcase came out years later.

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
Uh, not to my tastes.

I really liked the artwork this issue. Amanada Conner defintely has her own style and it works man. The last page was great. She actually made them look like real teenagers.
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
She really hits her stride when she's drawing faces. The two panels with sad power girl flying away were great.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
yeah i personally can't stand the 5'3" teenagers. Geez ya think in the future vitamins would make them taller than teenagers today. [Wink]

I am worried about the Legion's involvement. dysfunctional continuity and all of that.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Buzzscope has preview scans of the issue 2 up at their site.

Link to Preview Scans (spoilers)

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.