Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » JSA Classified #2 cover (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: JSA Classified #2 cover
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Awkward Pause Boy:
Amd I was hoping she'd be revealed to be Satan Girl

Wish granted, apparently. Sort of, anyway.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by ferroboy:
quote:
Originally posted by PolarBoy:
Dear God nooooooo!!!!!

Wasn't the whole point of this half arsed reboot because legion continuity was too convoluted for new fans and now you want to throw Powergirl in the mix. This could be the moment people reflect on in a few years as to when the reboot when to poop.

I thought the reboot was a sales issue rather than any idea that it was convoluted. It was anything but that.
That was part of this why this is reboot is great spin was because aparently new readers wouldnt know where chemical king was from so we needed new continuity. So in a brilliant piece of whatever you want to call it in under 6 months they have brought the JSA in the mix (One of the other main offenders for convoluted continuity) and made PG (The single most convoluted character ever) a member. Sales were down but all these new readers who might not know or might not want to pick up another book will now have this thrown at them.

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Chemical King? He wasn't exactly part of the book, at least not with super-powers. I still don't think it was convoluted. You could make a case with the post-Crisis, pre-ZH Legion, but not with the reboot Legion. My take is that something closer to the original Legion was desired since it was definitely a sale success.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
>bump<

'cause Stu asked for it.
Well, Arachne asked too.

I don't see the Preview right off but if you read through the thread I think it might be linked in one of the posts.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
SPOILERS!!!!!!!

Be sure to pick up issue #1.

[ August 27, 2005, 02:50 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Crisis Counselling on the DC boards has this to say.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

During a medical examination, Dr. Mid-Nite reiterated to Power Girl that her abilities were neither Kryptonian nor mystical in nature.

Power Girl then got into a destructive battle with Garn Daanuth, the brother of the Atlantean sorcerer Arion — that is, until he disappeared...and the JSA stated that he was never there!

Three mysterious figures were summoned and told "it's time to meet your Power Girl"...and were then revealed to be Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl and Cosmic Boy of the Legion of Super-Heroes!

So what gives? Is JSA Classified out already because I'm sure it's not listed until next week?

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
The cover of JSA:Classified #4 might also provide some clues.

Hint: he remembers the pre-Crisis universe.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
So what gives? Is JSA Classified out already because I'm sure it's not listed until next week?

Actually #1 is on the list for release this week. And now I'll have to go get it since I didn't bother ordering one.

quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:
The cover of JSA:Classified #4 might also provide some clues.

Hint: he remembers the pre-Crisis universe.

Has he showed up since the original Crisis? I don't recall seeing him since then. Hmm. More and more interesting.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Not the institutionalised Psycho Pirate?
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Here's a better look at the page Nightcrawler posted above, in full color:

Click for fullsize image

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Has he showed up since the original Crisis? I don't recall seeing him since then.

He had a memorable appearance back in "Animal Man" where he was the focal point of another "Crisis" which lead Animal Man to his historic meeting with his "writer" Grant Morrison.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
quote:
Has he showed up since the original Crisis? I don't recall seeing him since then.

He had a memorable appearance back in "Animal Man" where he was the focal point of another "Crisis" which lead Animal Man to his historic meeting with his "writer" Grant Morrison.
That's all I can remember too, but I have to think that someone has used him in the last 10 years or since that story...
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

Thanks! I meant to replace that one when I got the issue but I forgot.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by RTVU2:
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
quote:

That's all I can remember too, but I have to think that someone has used him in the last 10 years or since that story...
He has appeared twice since the Animal Man story. Both times in the Joker: Last Laugh series. Once in the Secret Files and once in issue #3. That was in 2001. The Animal Man story took place 12 years prior to that.
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
quote:

Thanks! I meant to replace that one when I got the issue but I forgot.
No problem. I figured since I was scanning the issue (found a copy), I might as well post the image.
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.