Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » JSA Classified #2 cover (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: JSA Classified #2 cover
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks TC! (Er, just T [Smile] )

That actually makes the story sound even cooler! Now...where will we go from here?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
hasn't GEOFF hinted that PG's 'mother' is someone we should know ?? in past issues of the 'JSA' !!??

i guess with 2 more parts to go, there can be still some twists and turns to come .....

btw i wasn't too keen on the art in this issue !! i thought it looked very childish !!??

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
hasn't GEOFF hinted that PG's 'mother' is someone we should know ?? in past issues of the 'JSA' !!??

i guess with 2 more parts to go, there can be still some twists and turns to come .....

Exactly. That's what doesn't add up.

Plus, I don't see them revealing it in just the second issue. I think we're going to be teased with all the possibilities before the big reveal.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Arion said that about PG's mom. Though he's lied on this subject before he's more credible than these constructs that the mystery man is sending to talk upset PG.

I want to know if there's someone behind the metaphorical curtain as well. The person revealed in the spoiler didn't act alone in the story that leads to this one.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Well, Arion said that as he was essentially dying and he asked Karen to forgive him. I don't think he was that manipulative.

I think there is someone behind the curtain. He's a bit mad but he's not alone. Of course, we may not even be seeing who we think it is. It could be someone else and they are talking to who we think it is.

Man....what a mouthful.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
They're not dumb enough to give away the whole story with two issues to go and in the cover image for issue 4, are they?
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

LOL! I sure hope not.

Jamie

legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
They could spice up the mystery by inserting a few red herrings...but it doesnt explain how Karen Starr was able to acquire super-powers identical to Superman...if she were actually born on Earth. She'd either have to be a mutant or her mother was actually the Earth-2 Wonder Woman.

Maybe the reintegration of the multiple Earths might simplify things...???

From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Earth -2 Wonder Woman? LAM you're a genius!

Secretly married and whisked away on a honeymoon in the future Bob Cobb and Diana Prince have a daughter!

Raised in an Admiral Solid State sarcophagus she emerges into the last days of Earth-2's existance thinking she's a Kryptonian. She's not really Super Girl she's Wonder Girl...but since those names were already taken... [Big Grin]

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
I had a think about it, Yellow Kid...for my theory to work, there has to be an Earth-2 Wonder Woman, which there isn't in this current continuity. The whole JSA Today thing confuses the heck out of me.

Who out of the initial membership roster are still active? If dead, who is - and how?

Black Canary's dead (coz it was revealed in JLA 220 (vol. 1) that she was)
Wildcat? (is Wildcat II (Yolanda Montez) still around?)

My curious and nostalgia-plagued mind needs to know..

From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I have to think that if they bring back multiple Earths then we'll be faced with multiple JSAs (for the first time). The Earth-1 JSA had Hypollita and have been turned young several times but they're really really old guys that still fight crime and the Earth-2 JSA is the original bunch that my Comic Shop guy is such a fan of.

Wouldn't it be wierd to see the Earth-1 JSA visit the Earth-2 JSA in an old folks home?

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Just as weird - the JSA were actually the JLA and the current JLA are all biogenetically enhanced clones...and the JSA were figments of someone's imagination...
Tamper Lad

I predict the Earth 2 JSA will visit the modern continuity as Geoff Johns' last JSA story when he leaves the title. He loves those old crossovers and this is one story he hasn't done yet. He used Syl Pemberton once already and I imagine we'll get Huntress, the adult Robin etc.
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Whats going on here? Wasnt Skyman/SSK killed in the later issues of INFINITY INC?
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
LAM:

- There is a Golden Age Wonder Woman, Diana's Mom, Queen Hippotolyta. She travelled back as time as Wonder Woman and joined the JSA for about nine years. She recently died in 'Our Worlds at War' (blame John "who else?" Byrne for this retcon).

- Wildcat II (Yolanda Montez) was part of a group of heroes that were killed by Eclipso in his own title. This included (but not limited to) Peacemaker, Dr. Midnight II, some others.

- Skyman/SSK (Sylvester Pembleton) was killed post-crisis by Solomon Grundy, which still exists in present continuity.

What I believe Tamper Lad is referring to, is that if there ever was another Earht-2 crossover, it might include some of the JSAers still alive right before Crisis, including adult Robin, Earth-2 Huntress (daughter of Bats and Catwoman) and Star-Spangled Kid.

- Not actually sure about Black Canary I. Is she dead in continuity? I'm pretty sure she is, but nowadays am never positive...

Hope this helps [Smile]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.