Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Levitz back to writing Legion, leaving DC presidency? (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Levitz back to writing Legion, leaving DC presidency?
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
Has Final Crisis really happened, or was it just a dream Pamela Ewing had just after she dreamt that Bobby was dead? Uhm...

... okay as for old villains reimagined, I'm still waiting for a Doctor Mayavale story done right! The first important task would be to get a decent artist this time who would do the bondage scenes right [Wink]

Maybe he could team up with Grimbor?

Don't blame me for letting my mind go astray, at least this idea would be more original than the umteenth battle with Mordru... [Smile]

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chemical King:
Don't blame me for letting my mind go astray, at least this idea would be more original than the umteenth battle with Mordru... [Smile]

I kind of liked that Mordru was redeemed back in the day, restored to a kind of child-like innocence. It seemed like real character development (along with the developments with Mekt), and Johns pretty much destroyed it for the sake of giving them cameos as part of his Legion of Prime Worshippers.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
That's a long time ago... was it after Giffen left 5YL?

I personally liked the redemption of Lightning Lord. Him being a friend in 5YL was kinda nice to see - of course, Johns undid that one as well, though he was not the first - in the end, it was Waid and his henchmen who undid all those character developments with Zero Hour...

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chemical King:
That's a long time ago... was it after Giffen left 5YL?

I personally liked the redemption of Lightning Lord. Him being a friend in 5YL was kinda nice to see - of course, Johns undid that one as well, though he was not the first - in the end, it was Waid and his henchmen who undid all those character developments with Zero Hour...

He was wiped in pre-Zero Hour Legion, indeed. And DC is to blame for reboot, not necessarily Waid.
From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I saw part of a show about comics on the History channel this week.

I saw Paul Levitz for a few seconds.

He doesn't look anything like I imagined!
lol

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm just now clueing into this. I've got to get my internet time better organized.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Superboy:
It would be insane if we could get Ivan Reiss...

I look at it though and the list of artitst that have said they would do the Legion again or like to work on it, is an impressive one.

#1. Mike Grell has said he'd do it again.

#2. Keith Giffen has said he'd do the Legion again.(he wasn't clear on writing or art though).

#3. Jim Lee has said he'd like to do the Legion(although he might have satisfied his urge after working with Levitz on that one story and he's not exactly great at meeting deadlines).

#4. Dan Jurgens has said he's always wanted to work on the Legion regularly and the only reason he's never done it regularly is because he was never asked to. Dan Jurgens is a Legion fan from way back as evidenced by his letters in old 70'
s Superboy lettercols...he's an extremely under-rated artist who is extremely fast, and can change his style within his style like few others, and he definitely has a classic clean style.

#5. Oliver Copiel has said he'd like to return to the Legion someday(I was hoping for he and JMS to get a stab at this Legion). He might be the one dirty artist who can pull off the Legion....he was my favorite artist of all the post Crisis Legion artists.

Nice list I'd like to add Gene Gonzales to it,He's a big fan who can't seem to get the Legion bug out of his system.

http://genegonzales.blogspot.com/

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Our Mr. Kayak asked a question in this week's Q&A with DiDio on Newsarama:
quote:
Mr. Kayak wrote:
Who will be drawing Paul Levitz's Adventure Comics?

DiDio: We don't have an artist finalized right now, but we guarantee there will be an artist on board, and once we're ready to announce what issue Paul will be taking over with, we'll have the artist attached at that time.

Nrama: Does that mean Paul doesn't take over with Adventure Comics #7 once Geoff Johns' is gone after Issue #6?

DiDio: He will not be jumping on with Issue #7. He'll be coming on a little bit later down the line. There will be a couple of issues and an event taking place, a separate story arc, involving characters tied to the current goings on in the New Krypton storyline that's unfolding in Superman right now.

Sour.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
DiDio: We don't have an artist finalized right now, but we guarantee there will be an artist on board,
Oh, well that's comforting. I was afraid there wouldn't be any art on the pages, just word balloons and dialogue!
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Or worse: plain text. [Eek!]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
An All-Encyclopedia Galactica series!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Given that
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
Our Mr. Kayak asked a question in this week's Q&A with DiDio on Newsarama:
quote:
Mr. Kayak wrote:
DiDio: He will not be jumping on with Issue #7. He'll be coming on a little bit later down the line. There will be a couple of issues and an event taking place, a separate story arc, involving characters tied to the current goings on in the New Krypton storyline that's unfolding in Superman right now.

Sour.
Given this news, I wonder if Paul's first issue will be out in time for us to gush over (and get signed) at San Diego next year.
From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Oddly enough, with him leaving the book, geoff Johns says in an interview for Wizard that there's plans for the Legion outside of Adventure Comics, that the first six mini-stories are leading to a bigger story, that two Legionnaires will change and that there will be new Legionnaires.

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pariscub:
Oddly enough, with him leaving the book, geoff Johns says in an interview for Wizard that there's plans for the Legion outside of Adventure Comics, that the first six mini-stories are leading to a bigger story, that two Legionnaires will change and that there will be new Legionnaires.

This clearly ties into what Robinson is doing with Superman. Presumably Levitz is letting this run its course.

If the previews are to be believed, a Green Lantern is joining and Blok is obviously changing.

The likelyhood is that the Black Witch persona won't last.

[ October 03, 2009, 05:59 AM: Message edited by: Silver Age Lad ]

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ricardo:
And DC is to blame for reboot, not necessarily Waid.

"...all the continuity changes and flip-flops have made the Legion's history an unsalvageable mess. Continuity wasn't "in bad shape." It was Chernobyl. This revision wasn't a decision made lightly; KC Carlson and Tom McCraw and I spent literally hundreds of man-hours over the past year trying to come up with a less drastic solution to the continuity problems than simply wiping the slate clean, and we could *not find one.* [...] I'm sorry if I sound cranky, but this wasn't an editorial fiat from DC. This drastic change was my choice, and DC chose to back me." (Mark Waid, 1994)

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.