Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Need A Legion Reference? Post Here (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  65  66  67   
Author Topic: Need A Legion Reference? Post Here
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
In case you're interested, here's the cover of the upcoming Titans East special with Power Boy front and center. That's him with the cut out shirt, showing off his hairy chest like a male version of Power Girl. [Big Grin]

-

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reep Daggle:
I also need a good scan of Blue Ribbon Digest #35, I assume it's a wraparound cover since Colossal Boy's hand disappears to the side but I've only ever seen scans of the front cover...
Thanks

Click for fullsize image
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
I'm in the middle of writing a thing about Ferro Lad for Legion Abstract. But I need images from the Sun-Eater story, where he sacrifices his life. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks!

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
Appreciate the skinny on Power Boy.

Thanks Vee and Nightcrawler!

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Could someone please post a big scan (~150dpi) of the Workforcers' holograms on pg 2 of Legionnaires #69?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
I've posted the abovementioned article on Ferro Lad, here. Every now and then I come up with an insight or two that I'm particularly proud of, and this is one of those times.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

What's the dpi on these?
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
What exactly were the tax reasons that the pre-Crisis Legion of Super-Heroes couldn't have more than 25 members?

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

H at the excellent website The Comic Treadmill just asked me something. In this article he was going over some Silver Age Legion stories, and a guy in the comments brought up this point:

In the last panel of the Bouncing Boy story in Adventure #301, there's a guy with a brown shirt who's determined to join the Legion. He looks more than a little like Matter-Eater Lad in a different outfit. Is there any kind of consensus in Legion fandom about whether it's him or not? Or, if not M-E Lad, who he is?

I'm sure this isn't the first time this has come up.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
What's the dpi on these?

Too low, but thanks anyway.

A kind soul sent me a big scan though - I wanted it for the Radion pic for his profile here: http://www.legionclubhouse.com/wiki/index.php?title=Radion

Incidentally, if CMK is looking - where did Particon joining the Amazers come from?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:

It's not. I forget where I first read it though. I'll post it, if I come across it again.
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
In the last panel of the Bouncing Boy story in Adventure #301, there's a guy with a brown shirt who's determined to join the Legion. He looks more than a little like Matter-Eater Lad in a different outfit. Is there any kind of consensus in Legion fandom about whether it's him or not? Or, if not M-E Lad, who he is?

As I recall some sources (WWitLSH maybe?) list this as Tenzil's first appearance.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:
What exactly were the tax reasons that the pre-Crisis Legion of Super-Heroes couldn't have more than 25 members?

Basically there was some sort of (excessive) tax on any private club with more than twenty-five members. It actually brings up a lot of issues regarding freedom of association in the thirtieth-century, but they were never really explored.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
I read somewhere there was something resembling a Wildstorm Legion. Characters from the Wildstorm universe fought super-powered youths from the future. Is this true and if it is true where did that story appear?
From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  65  66  67   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.