Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Need A Legion Reference? Post Here (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  65  66  67   
Author Topic: Need A Legion Reference? Post Here
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
I recently picked up Legion: Science Police #1. I wasn't really impressed by it, and after reading it I can't really tell you what it was all about. But did Saturn Girl really quit the Legion for a while there to join the SPs? If so, when did that happen in the continuity of the main titles?

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
It happened during the Dark Circle story, which was (IIRC) issues 104-106 of the LSH title, and 63-65 of the Legionnaires title. The United Planets were forced to put Durla under quarantine and the only way Legionnaires could get down there was to visibly "quit" the Legion and make Science Police officers of themselves.

IIRC, not only Saturn Girl, but also Sensor, Invisible Kid and Gates went undercover as Science Police officers.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dain:
I read somewhere there was something resembling a Wildstorm Legion. Characters from the Wildstorm universe fought super-powered youths from the future. Is this true and if it is true where did that story appear?

I've heard this as well but have never had it confirmed. Maybe someone here can do so.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chaim Mattis Keller:
IIRC, not only Saturn Girl, but also Sensor, Invisible Kid and Gates went undercover as Science Police officers.

And Gates was so traumatised by the experience, he needed to get Tenzil to eat the uniform before he could sleep.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
quote:
Originally posted by Dain:
I read somewhere there was something resembling a Wildstorm Legion. Characters from the Wildstorm universe fought super-powered youths from the future. Is this true and if it is true where did that story appear?

I've heard this as well but have never had it confirmed. Maybe someone here can do so.
Thanks, Vee. As an AR fan I'd like to get that "appearance" too, if it's there. And what with the Wildstorm universe being a part of the 52 (as I've heard), another Legion may be there too.
From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Scans have been posted of it on here before, but I can't find them just now.

It's a Supreme/Kid Supreme thing, from or after Alan Moore's reboot, called (google says) the League of Infinity. They're based on a spiral staircase that runs through time, so that at one point Kid Supreme sees his adult self (Supreme) at a different point.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
You're referring to the League of Infinity (I need to post the other stories).

But, there's also the Authority Legion-analogues.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Ah! Thanks, guys. Yeah, I meant the Authority analogues. The League of Infinity and Moore's Supreme was great and loved that title, especially the "retro" art in many issues.
From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
What's in LSHv4 Annual 6? I know it comes right in the middle of the White Triangle story, but is it an important part of that story? The cover suggests it's just a collection of origin stories.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
It is. Shvaughn Erin is assigned as Legion Liaison and she decides to look up information about the team which leads into various origins.

I can only remember Kinetix & Leviathon's off the top of my head.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
XS, too, I believe.

It's not intrinsic to the ongonig storyline, but it does add some background for each, and also shows Shvaugn's shift from reluctant liaison to Legion supporter.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Thanks. While we're on the subject, what about Legionnaires Annual #2?

--------------------
Legion Abstract

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
that was the culmination of the White Triangle story... a must-read for that era. (and a decent story, as I recall)

The following issue (LSH, I believe... the cover shows an unhappy Rokk in front of statues of Kid Q 1 and others as I recall) follows immediately on the "surprise" ending of the annual, and a couple new plotlines diverge from that issue and the annual both.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Hmp. Thanks. I suddenly find myself in time-sensitive need of all the issues of the White Triangle story, and I'm missing those annuals as well as a few others. I wonder if the comic shops of Greater Toronto can help me...

--------------------
Legion Abstract

Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
You're referring to the League of Infinity (I need to post the other stories).

But, there's also the Authority Legion-analogues.

I forgot we had these loaded up (thanks to Scott) -

Click for fullsize image
Click for fullsize image

This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  65  66  67   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.