Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Gold and Platinum Discussion Thread (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Gold and Platinum Discussion Thread
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
These competitions would be *nothing* without the keen eye and witty observations of...

Great Hera! If you value life and limb, sentient, that sentence better end with "Emerald Empress".

She probably doesn't read these threads, but do you want to find out the hard way? [Emerald Empress]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
You could break the fourth wall and let Teeds be one of the judges for the next competition!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
After I finished posting that, my processer fried... or got zapped... luckily, I was able to get it fixed today. It certainly seems suspicious. Food poisoning, Aven's sudden departure... dirty tricks are afoot here. Or it's the Curse of the Empress.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
The Blondes in Blue on Black Challenge is finally posted!

Hmm... the judges are very kind this time around. I suppose they're just getting warmed up.

I have my own opinions about each picture, but I'll wait til later. For now, it's time to vote!

Which Blonde in Blue on Black background is least interesting to you? Who do you no longer want to see compete? Who would you REJECT? Please choose 1 male and 1 female.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I vote Element Lad. Soul Patch Boy just isn't doing it for me, even post-haircut.

And speaking of elements, Beauty Blaze belongs in fire, not air. She just doesn't look quite herself.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
All right, here we go.

Element Lad. From the way you're running your hands through your hair and smiling, it seems like you're enjoying your new haircut. (I know I am.)

Let's go back to the previous challenge. Although I did not explicitly state on notice, you sure as stars were. In fact, a few hours after I cast my vote I thought I should have voted out Jan.

It's true I hated the hair, but hey, I think a few people liked it. Different space-strokes. No, the larger problem was lifting Mandalla's look. Why, why, why? Again, different space-strokes, this time meaning you should exhibit them.

I think you'll advance to the next round without problem, but Jan, you're remaining on notice as a reminder.

Queen Azura: compare this with her intro photo. Her free-swinging hair looks so much more fresh and flattering than that over-done 'do. (Stuffy!) The tiara-ette is playful and works well with this challenge.

Brainy: the black & blue sets off the Coluan complexion very well, so why don't I like this pic?

Beauty Blaze: uh-oh. Blaze, the darkest blonde in the competition, benefits least from the color scheme. She is much better suited to (in all seriousness) warm tones of red, orange, gold, and cocoa. Blaze is intriguing and her intro picture gave me high hopes, but I'm worried she's going to get voted out here. I'm worried I'm going to vote her out here.

Pete. Okay, who put the Ross kid's head on The Tick's body?

Pete, you seem to have that "young adult gazing into the future" pose so popular on college brochures. But...you are in the future.

Others let their hair down, Pete Ross lets his hair up. Ahhh, I kid 'cause I love, Pete.

Mysa: hold me closer, modern dancer!

Mekt: what I said last time. I would mention the bedroom eyes but only one is visible and "bedroom eye" doesn't quite...sound...right.

Pam: "That tickles!"
The best of all. Rock on, Comeback Queen.

VOTE OUT:

BRAINY

and, reluctantly,

BEAUTY BLAZE

[ October 15, 2006, 04:06 AM: Message edited by: Thriftshop Debutante ]

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm.

I felt Brainy's skin-tone didn't work with my favorite color (I'm wearing it now!). Perhaps a darker blue...

Pam's portrait was my least favorite of the femmes this go-round.

Other notes:

Jan may well take it for the guys now that he's had the haircut.

Blaze, I want to see you *snap crackle and POP* in your next pic.

Azura gets my vote for most improved!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh. In case I wasn't clear:

OUT:

Brainy & Pam.

And Jeckie was robbed!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Brainy (reluctantly, but he just doesn't look comfortable there) and Pete out.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Women: no contest: Pam out
Men: I don't know. I think I'm going to give E-Lad one more chance and vote Pete out

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
Policy Pam to leave; didn't anyone tell you to keep your eyes open when you pose for a picture?

Pete Ross to leave; not sure what it was, but I just didn't like that pic as compared to the others.

Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Fat Cramer, looks like you voted for two men and no women, so I'll wait for clarification from you before I count your votes.

Otherwise, these are the early returns...
Who should go?

MEN
Pete 2 votes
Brainy 2 votes
ELad 1 vote

WOMEN
Pam 3 votes
Blaze 2 votes

Polls will remanin open...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
OUT: Pam and Pete

I always thought this would be a great color for an 'official' E-Lad uniform, maybe a shade or too more pastel. He has gold/brown eyes, doesn't he? Did that change with the new continuity?

Of course, in the 31st century you probably have to do little more than blink to change your eye color.

Sigh. Jeckie would've looked stunning in this challenge, if she'd made it.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Not paying attention! So it's Brainy out for the men and Policy Pam for the women.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Here are the early returns...
Who should go?

MEN
Pete 3 votes
Brainy 3 votes
ELad 1 vote

WOMEN
Pam 5 votes
Blaze 2 votes

Polls will remanin open...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.