Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Gold and Platinum Discussion Thread (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Gold and Platinum Discussion Thread
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
7 to keep Pam
6 to keep Projectra

It's tense...it's been a long road...I'm going to publicly cast *my* vote to KEEP PAM!

Jecky has been with the Legion ever since lil Jim Shooter started. She had plenty of activity including lapsing into fevers and comas and neck snapping. She came back in TMK, she was rebooted as Snecky and she is in the current Threeboot. Pam needs some attention. Let's see how she does from now on....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
One more vote to keep Jeckie. Sorry, Pam.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Well, now, if I don't count my vote, then PP and PP are tied again. I better keep polls open longer.....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Personally I think you should count your vote. But then again, you did vote for Pam, as I did. So I do admit that I might be somewhat biased.

O, the suspense...

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Yeah, it's time to call it...Jex is REJECTED!!!!

Thank you and apologies to all those pulling for her.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Who will save the Princess? NO ONE, apparently! You've only yourselves to blame if Jeckie lapses into a coma so powerful that she never wakes up!

Conversely, it's always nice to have Policy Pam around!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Okay, now I can spill....

Yes, Relnic did want to keep it conservative. Everyone thought it was uncanny how much he looked like Alan Scott, Green Lantern.

I LOVED the Projectra picture! I'm sure if I had chosen to make her the sophisticated, regal Jex instead of the Bombshell, things may have turned out differently for her. However, roles were determined and had to be adhered to.

Brainy is SO much fun to draw this way! Love it, hope he doesn't get cut very soon.

Should Jan get a haircut? Should that be allowed now? Jan Fans, speak up!

Mysa is a dream girl! Love her this way.

Azura wanted to stand out, and I think she did.

Beauty Blaze is a kick to draw. Hair everywhere.

Love that I got a "cyber punk" comment about Mekt! Totally what I'm going for. I want him distinguished, like he's a bit older, but not Relnic style. Hope it's working.

Wow, was it hard to convince Pam to put that make-up on! Medical release forms, promises to cover any expenses that may be incurred by skin irritation. Eye care contracts. Etc Etc. Then, the final design ended up being pretty basic, but actually elegant in its simplicity.

Pete was SO much fun to work with on this one! First of all, he had NEVER even seen make up before, and certainly not 31st century make up. He kept giggling and saying that it tickled. His hair was very hard to work with because he had never used any products on it before. He always just combed it the way the barber did after his frequent trims. So, we had to use all kinds of organics on it. Finally, we were able to get it to stand up like that in the faux-hawk. Then, as Teeds mentioned, it was near impossible to get a decent "punk" picture of him, because he couldn't keep a straight face. We actually would have liked a more outrageous shot of him, but he was simply too nice to go there.

The next challenge is being produced right now. It's another simple one, where the personalities of the contestants needs to shine through the imagery.

Stay tuned!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't vote in time but I agree Pam over Projectra. There was something too...je ne sais 2080s about her vibe.
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:

Should Jan get a haircut?
Should that be allowed now?

1. YES
2. YES

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Mysa is a dream girl! Love her this way.

Yeah, but where are the eyebrows?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Glad you asked! This is Mysa when she was studying intensely, her skin was beginning to get pale, her hair was turning white, her eyes are pink, beginning to turn red...the next step for her would be for her lashes and brows to turn white and for her antennae to sprout, but we got her just before!

(I love having an actual answer!)

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't care for Element Lad's hair, but it might as well stay like this for the remainder of the contest.

Sad to see Jeckie go, but I didn't like the short hair anyway.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm. After FINALLY being able to see the tiebreaker pic, I would have voted for Pam.

However, Jeckie's photo ran rings around Pam in the initial challenge.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Mekt Ranzz
singular.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mekt Ranzz           Edit/Delete Post     
it seemed appropriate that i, a contestant, enjoy the presentation of each challenge without comment. i can not, however, hold my tongue after this recent revelation. this is beyond the limit, garth. beyond the limit.

he poisoned the judges. poisoned! and i am the supposed villain? too, too much. sentients, do you see what i've been dealing with all these years? tell me, what are mom and dad to make of this? a low poisoner. such perfect timing you have, garth: just when i --- a ranzz who can cook --- am ironing out my space-bakery business plan. dandy.

sentients, please pardon me. korbal is calling.

[Lightning Lord - Post-Boot]

a final note to miss drura sehpt. you may have been unfairly judged and you may wish to consult a space-lawyer.

From: out & about | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
Mekt, if I may comment upon this...

The claims of Garth's food being poisoned would be going too far, as that would be a deliberate act of sabotage. Though I certainly grant you the point that the judges being incapacitated by Garth's food would impact your business, as people in general lay the blame upon you if they hear anything bad about the Ranzz name.

Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.