Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » STARSEARCHERS Discussion Thread (Page 25)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  43  44  45   
Author Topic: STARSEARCHERS Discussion Thread
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Simply incredible!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Love it! The Assassins creep me out

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you, Rhino and Matt!

Matt, they're creeping ME out too... Dean made 'em all look so fantastically evil!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Will read at the library and take notes and post comments later this week.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
#3 is starting off great. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Starsearchers Fan Site is updated.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

FFLass, I'm looking forward to your comments!

Thank you, Nighty! The book looks so cool in that comic-like format!

Oh and my summary/comments for issue 3:

"ASSASSINS"... Things can come apart just as quickly as they are put together as we find out the Rexallian Empire is not the only deadly danger facing our crew. What to do when the danger comes not only from outside forces but from your allies as well?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow!
Those Assassins ARE creepy!

I'll have to read this new material a few times to get the living characters straight, but the vampire (one for this team, too), the gal with the red tatoos and the teleporter in the giant red cowel really stand out!

I LOVE the group shot cover!
K'zle is SO big!
[Smile]

The winged reptile girl looks very different, doesn't she?
She's pretty now and before she was amazingly scary with her hsssssss and things.
Does she have retractable armour like Shikari, only like, ugly?

So much work.
You're both just too great!
Thanks!

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Thank YOU, Shady. Yeah, Dean outdid himself on these designs.

Red tatoos is Killda. Wicked-awesome design for her. Love it.

Giant red cowl is Witchery, who does come from planet NEKRONA, like the Starsearcher Vamp. Lots of horror-movie-type stuff on that world (hence the witches and the 'walking undead' we see in # 3).

The vampirey looking Assassin, however, is Shadowshade. She's not a vampire but does look WAY vampy, yum!

re: The cover, I'd been bugging Dean for a group-shot cover; I figured 6-7 characters or somesuch. Instead we got ALL 19 STARSEARCHERS... I was floored. Dean is LOVE.

I think winged-reptile Mharva is looking different now because she finally has some clothes on. No retractable armour, although there is a surprise about her coming. She's still amazingly scary, which will be all-too evident when... well, stay tuned. [Smile]

--------------------

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey you guys, thank you so much for the comments. It means a lot to me, when I work on this stuff and get ANY kind of response. Of course nice words are my favoritest. [Smile]

Nighty, I can't thank you enough for the site. Just awesome.

Candleplay in Shadowlight,
You kinda worried me when you said Mharva looked pretty instead of scary. I thought I'd forgotten how to draw her or something. But I think Lash called it-- her brighter clothing seems to lighten her look overall. As he said, you'll be seeing her again....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Oh, notice how Killda's facial tats all seem to frame an oval on her forehead? What could THAT mean?

MwAH hahahahahahahaha!

'Kay, gettin' sleepy....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, is this Mharva from issue #1:
 -
I thought that she was who LASH identified her as.
Is it Hoppa in a very bad mood, instead?
Anyway, this is what she looks like on your cover:

-
?
sigh

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

I thought it might be helpful to go ahead and put names on the characters!
 -

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Oh, notice how Killda's facial tats all seem to frame an oval on her forehead? What could THAT mean?

I wasn't sure at first, but now I *AM* sure... you read what I wrote on my Windows Paint thread about a certain obsession of Killda's and worked it into her design ingeniously. DEAN IS LOVE!!!

--------------------

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
This is WONDERUFL! (I'm so far behind on all things Bits, I just read issue #3 so far). What a nasty bunch of villains, they're absolutely spine-tickling. They'd certainly give me nightmares. Really good diversity of appearance, power and character.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Thanks, Dean.

This sounds bad, but I didn't actually SEE Mharva's upper body until just now when you named her.
Her brownish body just blended into the background for me.
(I DID wonder what the purple thing was, though.)
I thought Vamp had Mharva's wings but they must be a vampiric type of transformation.

Thanks for being patient and, literally, clearing that up for me.

I knew my eyes didn't see clearly anymore, but that was pretty bad.
Sorry for the mix-up.
sigh

--------------------

Come, join me!

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  43  44  45   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.