Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Future's Legion Micros (12/8: Legion Academy) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  28  29  30   
Author Topic: Future's Legion Micros (12/8: Legion Academy)
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice work!

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks everyone for the continued compliments!

quote:
Originally posted by Candlelight:
<3 these!
It's amazing how many looks they've had over the years, isn't it?
Thanks for sharing these!

There's so much interesting trivia when you sit down and look over the history of these outfits. They all have so many repeating motifs, usually based off the Adventure and Cockrum eras. And it's interesting to see who ends up with more costume variations depending on the continuity.

quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
these are fantastic .... i sketch and make up new costumes for comic characters when i'm bored ... this is a great resource for my habit.

oh yes ... and in order!

I love costume doodling as well and these are a fun excuse for me to really scrutinize and enjoy the different details other artists have put into their own designs and interpretations.

A big perk to taking on an overwhelming project like this is to have a handy resource to see all the different costumes a Legionnaire has worn. I enjoy that stuff so much when other sites do it for the X-Men and other heroes.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Submission 05.1: LUORNU DURGO / Triplicate Girl / Duo Damsel / Una / Duplicate Girl / Triad

-

Top Row: Silver Age / Silver Age (glove) / 70s / 80s / Retroboot (cape) / Retroboot / UP Military / SW6 Triad / Postboot / Vi's Influence / Emerald / 50s Legion / 40s Legion / DnA (belted)

Bottom Row: Threeboot 1 / Threeboot 2 / Superman Animated / Ani Legion Origin / Legion Season 1 / Legion Season 2-1 / Legion Season 2-2 / Arthur Legion / Superboy's Legion

[ January 15, 2011, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: Future ]

Future
The Present is Past

Submission 05.2: LUORNU DURGO / Split Costumes

-

First Row: Split 70s / Split 80s / Split SW6 / Split Postboot / Split Vi's Influence

Second Row: Split Emerald / Split 50's Legion / Split DnA (belted) / Split Superman Animated

Third Row:Split Ani Legion Origin / Split Legion Season 1 / Split Legion Season 2 / Split Arthur Legion

[ January 15, 2011, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: Future ]

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow!
Go Lu!

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
These are all kind of fun to see!

Don't forget Lu's yellow number she wore in the Pain Plague issue in the low numbers of SUPERBOY AND THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES!

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Beautiful, beautiful stuff, Future!

Keep 'em coming!

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Future:
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
In order! Feed the OCD! [Wink]

OCD all the way, then!

That's it for now, as I still have a few Luornus to finish and it's late. Thanks for the feedback everybody!

I have CDO. It's just like OCD, but the letters are in the correct order, darn it!

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I love that you've included the Emerald Legion nd Arthian Legions in the looks.

Have you thought about the 1,000,000 AD Annual that came out?
I ask because I just saw a Batman/Superman about them that came out recently.

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

quote:
Have you thought about the 1,000,000 AD Annual that came out?
I ask because I just saw a Batman/Superman about them that came out recently.

I definitely have plans to get to them, as well as the other future Legions glimpsed in the Adult Legion stories and the Dead Earth annuals. Probably once I exhaust the core Legionnaires I plan to start doing series of teams (like 1,000,000) and also going back and doing civilian clothes and more minor costume variations (the kind which are more artist to artist and less creative intent).
Future
The Present is Past

Submission 06: GIM ALLON / Colossal Boy / Leviathan / Micro Lad

-

First Row: Silver Age / Grell 70s / Cockrum 70s (second) / Cockrum 70s (first) / Giffen 80s / Magic Wars / Retroboot

Second Row: SW6 Legion / Postboot Training / Postboot (helmet) / Postboot / Threeboot 1 / Threeboot 2

Third Row: JLU Animated / Legion Season 1 / Legion Season 2 / Superboy's Legion / Arthur Legion

[ January 15, 2011, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: Future ]

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Yay! Now I'm totally wondering what Adventure Era "Deputy Gim" would look like with Magic Wars era side holster pocket thingie on him!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Gim has had some beautiful costumes, hasn't he?
I particularly like #5 & 6 in the first row.
It was Giffen who designed #6 from that era, I think. I loved his costumes then and during the early TMK run.

I really like his first suit, too.
With a stand-up collar and a head piece in red or green, it would have been prefec.
I think.

Very fun!

--------------------

Come, join me!

SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Future, these are excellent! I'd love to see more...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

quote:
I particularly like #5 & 6 in the first row.
It was Giffen who designed #6 from that era, I think. I loved his costumes then and during the early TMK run.

I believe Giffen designed both costumes, though I may be mistaken about #5. I do believe it was during the "New DC" phase around LSH #300 when Giffen was still on the title his first go.

I've always had a weird fondness for the Magic Wars costumes too. There's something about overly complicated outfits that I aesthetically love.

quote:
Originally posted by SharkLad:
Future, these are excellent! I'd love to see more...

More are coming, Sharky! I promise.
  This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  28  29  30   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.