Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Rockhopper's Rookery: Now With Extra Sparkle (Page 31)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  ...  64  65  66   
Author Topic: Rockhopper's Rookery: Now With Extra Sparkle
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
...mmmmmm...nice...

<closes eyes while Rocky continues massaging>

...I'll pass on the sake, if ya don't mind, sweetie...alcohol and me...well, I need to stay away from that...but I'm looking forward to discovering the world of sushi with you!

<mulls the thing on his mind>

Rocky...let's say...hypothetically...that I had something to tell you that you'd really want to hear very badly--but it would probably take you out of the moment...hypothetically, would you want to hear that something right now, or wait 'til later...hypothetically...?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rody the Super-Rat
Say CHEESE

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rody the Super-Rat           Edit/Delete Post     
Don't tell me... it's sweeps week on Legion World.

--------------------
[Rodent-English translations provided courtesy of telepathic earplugs.]

From: The Legion of Super-Rodents clubhouse | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, first, there's green tea if you'd rather not have sake.

<Continues massaging Lardy>

And--hypothetically--if it was something important that I would want to know about then you would make a judgement call and take my feelings into account, confident that I love you very much and would continue to do so no matter what you decided. <Gives Lardy a little kiss on the ear>. Hypothetically, that is.

So <Holds Lardy very close and whispers in his ear; Rocky's voice suddenly becomes very serious>, what is it?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<turns around and faces him>

After Dru died, I...spent some time in the Dark Oval. I used Kalla Hrykos to gain access to a lot of its secrets...

<pauses>

...you have to understand I've only been able to re-access these memories the last few days...

<continues, bows head>

...anyhow, well, the whole thing was pretty shady, and I'm not proud of it...

<makes eye contact again>

...but the point is, well, I know you've been really worried about Adelie, and...I remember seeing her, Rocky. Adelie was right in the heart of the Dark Oval. I think she was there with some others undercover--and, as far as I know, she's probably still there. This was...several months ago, Rocky.

You...still haven't heard any word, have you?

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<Rocky shakes his head>

Okay.
<Silence>
No, I haven't heard anything, really, since she left.
<Silence>
Thank you for telling me that, sweetie. At least now I know where she might be.

And maybe we can find her and help her. I hope so.

On the other hand, there's probably not much we can do about it tonight.

<Starts massaging Lardy again>.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<stands up, hugs him>

Rocky, you have my promise that I'll do everything I can as LMB leader to bring her back to you...

<kisses him>

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<'ports in from the Lair>

Rocky? Babe, you here? I really need to talk to you about something!

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Hey, Lardy. Sorry for all the clutter. We're preparing the Rookery for a state visit; that is, my mother, the Empress Maryss is coming. What's up?

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<embraces him>

It's great to see you again....anyhow, I don't know if you've been keeping up with this Zardi business, but--I've felt this connection with Ghost Girl and with Zardi somehow. I'm not sure you believe in this kind of thing, but I've begun to suspect I knew them in a past life. So I went to the expert on such matters.....

<tells him about the mushroom he got from Mayavale and all about the dreamwalk he just experienced at the Lair>

Anyhow, more and more, I'm feeling how huge a threat Zardi might be and how accessing this past life of mine might be useful to defeating him. I was thinking about having one of the mystics, well, bring him out.

What do you think, Rocky?

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

<Rocky sits and scratches his head.>

Pyngwynyy don't believe in reincarnation as a general rule, but we certainly do believe in magic <his fingers crackle with ice magic>, which regularly shows us things that don't make a lot of sense otherwise. It's certainly worth investigating. It's beyond my powers, of course. Which of our magi were going to ask? Maxx? Stu? Pagan Lass?

[ October 04, 2009, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: Rockhopper Lad ]

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Well, Maxx and Stu haven't been around lately, so probably Luna, if she can do that sort of thing.

<looks Rocky in the eyes>

The point is that if I do this, I won't exactly be me for a while. Do you understand the implications, here?

I mean, trust me, I won't do it if I can't be assured that I can be brought back. But, well, in any case I won't be here with you for an extended period. I won't know you, you know?

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

<Rocky nods.>

I understand. You have to do the right thing, and this is the right thing for you. I knew when I signed on that this wouldn't be an easy ride.

<Rocky puts his arms around Lardy and places a small kiss on his lips.>

I love you very much, Lardy. If nothing else, you must know by now that I'm very patient. I'll still be here.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

That's what I needed to hear, babe...

<kisses him back and strongly>

Just know, this guy I was, he was a really good guy. I could feel his goodness when I touched his life. I...I was envious.

<bows his head slightly in shame>

His...was the only life I touched of mine that wasn't...tainted...by evil.

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Lardy, remember, we've all done things we regret. Yes, even me! Two other things we Pyngwynyy do believe very strongly in are forgiveness and reconciliation.

<Puts his hand on Lardy's chin>
You're a good man, Lardy. Don't forget that.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Yeah, I know. It's good to have you here to remind me every once in awhile. However, it sounds like you've a story you haven't told me. Remind me to ask you about it...later....

<turns out lights>

--------------------

This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  ...  64  65  66   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.