Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Rockhopper's Rookery: Now With Extra Sparkle (Page 33)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  64  65  66   
Author Topic: Rockhopper's Rookery: Now With Extra Sparkle
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I just youtubed Solisbury Hill--I had heard it before but had no idea what it was called. Good song.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Stealth, HWW, so glad you could both make it.

Luke, Cindy, please fetch a libation for Ms. Stealth and Mr. Wanders.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey gang! I brought fish!
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey all, happy holidays
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
CJ! It's always a pleasure! And Deddy! I'm so glad to see you!

Daniel, please see to Mr Taylor's beverage choice. Amanda, please get something for Mr Dedman to drink.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Luke's cute, but I'm looking to get lucky with Deirdre, especially after BB rejected her.

Huey, glad I could help you put a name to a song you like.

Oh, good, the karaoke machine's finally here. Let the flood of cheeseball pop classics begin. I'll kick things off with this bit of ear-candy from Sheena:

"Wake up every morning
Stumble out of bed
Stretching and a-yawning
Another day ahead..."

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
And since you mentioned Sweet on your thread, I'm gearing up the karaoke machine for this song.

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I love the Sweet. My computer's too slow for YouTube, so could you please tell me which Sweet song you chose?

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

"Love is Like Oxygen."

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Great choice! Ahh, Brian Connolly's swan song with the band. Reportedly, Connolly was very proud of the high notes he was able to hit on "Love is Like Oxygen", because his voice had been damaged a couple years earlier, after a blow to the throat during a brawl (not, I emphasize, with any of his bandmates.)

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

You know your Sweet, Stealth.

I have a personal interest in the band as one of the first records I ever owned was "Little Willy." Two years later, Sweet had two more irresistable hits with "Ballroom Blitz" and "Fox On the Run." In spite of the success of those records, little information about Sweet was available in the U.S. (or at least in my midwestern section of it). They seemed to appear every couple of years with another smash hit, then disappear for awhile. After "Oxygen" in 1978, they disappeared for good. (Thanks to rock encyclopedias, I was eventually able to learn their story.)

Getting to watch their old videos on YouTube is like seeing the half of my childhood that I missed.

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

(Stealth hears He Who Wanders say her name, then stumbles out of the guest bedroom, accompanied close behind by Deirdre. Both look very happy.)

Hm? Oh, the Sweet. Yeah.

My favorite Sweet single is "Blockbuster."

My favorite Sweet album track is "Set Me Free."

Let's put "Blockbuster" on the karaoke machine.

"DOES ANYONE KNOW THE WAY?
DID WE HEAR SOMEONE SAY...?
WEEEEE JUST HAAAVEN'T GOT A CLUUUUE WHAT TO DOOOOOOO!
DOES ANYONE KNOW THE WAY?
THERE'S GOT TO BE A WAY...
...TO BLOCKBUSTEEEEEEEER"

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Gee, if you've been in the bedroom all this time, who was that I was talking to?!

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Well, if you wanted to swing from the chandelier without being drunk, you could conceivably see someone who isn't there without being drunk. [Wink]

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

And speaking of chandeliers, it's time for me to do my impression of Scarlett Johansson's character from Saturday Night Live, who helps her parents advertise their chandelier business.

"LOOKIT AWL DESE CHANDELEAHS! LOOKIT DIS ONE! AN' DAT ONE! AN' DIS ONE! AN' DAT ONE!"

Thank you, thank you, I'm here all twelve days.

--------------------

This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  64  65  66   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.