Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » The Origin of ... (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  24  25  26   
Author Topic: The Origin of ...
mordru
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post     
well shady i think your comparison to 9/11 set him off and to be honest was a bit bizarre, maybe even more bizarre then greybird comparing me(progenitor) to that of a mass murderer like hitler, just a tad extreme.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe mondo
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe mondo   Author's Homepage   Email joe mondo         Edit/Delete Post     
CK, I wish you wouldn't go back to lurking.
From: seattle | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
nah
i take that back, greybird's statement was more bizarre.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abdiel
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by THE LABRADORIAN:
nah
i take that back, greybird's statement was more bizarre.

Isn't that always the way?

SteveLightle
15 minutes and counting ...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveLightle   Email SteveLightle         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! While I was away, things got pretty heated around here.

I think I'll dodge the whole controversy, and instead, hope that cooler heads have since prevailed.

I do want to answer the question about the inspiration for Mentalla's costume. It certainly was based on Saturn Girl's earliest costume. In fact, I'd probably have given her the same hair color too, except that my wife had blonde hair at the time.

Nemisis Kid's costume had nothing to do with her appearance. I know for a fact, since I designed the character of Mentalla, that her fate was not decided at the time of her creation. In fact, she probably would never have appeared again if not for the large amount of fan mail that mentioned an interest in Mentalla. Paul conceived of the idea of having her infiltrate the Fatal 5 without any input from me. If he was subconsciously drawing inspiration from the color scheme of Nemisis Kid's costume ... I have no way of knowing.

Best wishes to all.

Steve L

Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Cool. Thanks, Steve! [Smile] I love getting the backstories from the creative side-- Maybe VH1 can do a "Behind the Comics"?

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
I made no such comparison of whoever-it-really-is-with-that-handle to anybody, living or dead, murderous or not, and he knows it.

What I said was that picking a handle of the name of a -character- who was a mass murderer in these stories struck me as very curious and highly dubious. Especially when so many names from heroes, from neutral characters, or from items of sheer whimsy existed as possibilities. Even "Mordru" was a better name. -He- (almost?) never killed anyone.

I'm a man of strong opinions, but I don't see how that warrants anyone misrepresenting what I say. And I can't stop anyone else from doing it, either.

I'll say what I've said before: If whoever-you-are thought my comments many months ago (this was after "Legion Lost" 11) cut too closely, I tender an apology, even though one isn't obliged on my part. And if you didn't bother to read carefully on your part, as I suggest you didn't, you owe -me- one.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
THE LABRADORIAN

actually you said that it indicident{spelling} of character.
Same thing, saying basically that if i had the chance i would commit mass genocide, EXTREME.
Good thing i never called myself mordru, oh wait i did, didnt he wipe out a couple of planets.

THE LABRADORIAN

and what about all those people who thought DARTH VADER was cool, are they potential mass murderers
THE LABRADORIAN

i accept your apology, as half hearted as it is, and you said what i posted, if i could give the link to it i would but i am pretty sure its gone.
i dont owe you an apology, what would i owe you an apology for?
but back to the topic.

Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owl Lad   Email Owl Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Where is Dave Cockrum posting?
From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mordru
unregistered

i screwed up my post , it was actually "indictitive" of character, not whatever i spelt there.
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Mordru, dear, are you trapped in a personal Zero Hour? You seem to be slipping from one ID to another with each post [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveLightle
15 minutes and counting ...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveLightle   Email SteveLightle         Edit/Delete Post     
MAN! I'm sorry to see that this topic/thread has been totally CRISPED.

Rather than try to hash this out, maybe I'll just start another topic in a few days.

Later-

Steve

THE LABRADORIAN

sorry Steve. i guess i should share in the blame.
and Princess Crujectra, my identity keeps switching because, when i break from work i go to the library in the building and sometimes post. Because it doesnt store my password and i cant remember it, i use my first user name because the password is easy to remember.
I dont use multiple id's, i just use the old one when necessary.

------------------

This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  24  25  26   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.