Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Survivor: FACTS OF LIFE (Page 19)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23   
Author Topic: Survivor: FACTS OF LIFE
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
SURVIVOR starts back tonight. With that same Redemtpion Island twist, bleeeeah.

ALso bringing back former players Coach and Ozzy.

I missed Ozzy's previous seasons so he is new to me and I grew to enjoy Coach's general ridonkulousness, so we'll see how this goes.

But I'm actually more excited about ANTM: All-Stars!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I kinda like Ozzy's laid-backed-ness and Coach seems to be slowly winning over the tribe, although he's still amusingly nutbaggy.

Cochran the adorable nerd was fun to watch. I was a little surprised that Semhar was voted out unanimously.

Brandon, Russell's nephew? >bleeah<

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
The youtube account that I used to watch Survivor episodes at has been disabled. [Frown] I was amazed he/she was able to get away with it for as long as they did though.

Had to download this episode which I hate doing. Paranoid about viruses.

It was a good episode though and I'm optimistic about this season. (Shudders remembering his positive thoughts at the beginning of last season too though... [Shudder] )

It helps that I don't dislike Coach or Ozzy as much as I disliked Rob and Russell I think - though I didn't really like Ozzy in the one season I saw him in (Cook Islands) so we'll see how he goes.

I too was surprised by the unanimous Semhar vote. I totally thought Cochran was the one who would be going.

Early favourites -

Mark (though the desperation to be called Papa Bear was a bit tragic I thought - and you just know that that is totally his gaydar/manhunt/grindr/etc. profile name! haha),
Dawn (by virtue of her early breakdown reminding me of Holly of a few seasons ago - whom I loved)
Edna (the nice-seeming Asian lady who helped Coach)
Farmer guy (whose name I have forgotten)
Cochran (kind of annoys me too but I like that he's not just a boring model type - so sick of them)

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Risky Barton, boy adventurer:

I missed Ozzy's previous seasons so he is new to me and I grew to enjoy Coach's general ridonkulousness, so we'll see how this goes.

What?!?! I could SWEAR I remember you posting about having a serious crush on Ozzy back in the day?!?! Dontcha remember the "race wars" (he was one of the hispanics) Survivor that begat him? You saw that one, right?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Cook Islands (Ozzy's original season) is one of my favourite Survivor seasons and I really liked Ozzy's alliance of underdogs that went on to be the final 4. However, Ozzy was always my least favourite of that alliance. He has an arrogance about him that I find a bit off-putting.

I think this current season is either going to improve my opinion of him or push him firmly into the DISLIKE camp - like last season did with Rob.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Ozzy rocked in his first season, then seemd on the clueless side in Fans v Faves, when he got blindsided (IIRC). He's kind of all over the place in this first ep, but he's very watchable.

Coach has always been loveably out-there with a heavy side of annoying. But he's always entertaining either in and of himself or in seeing others react to him. He comes off as being genuinely weird though, rather than affecting it. I'd like to see if he really HAS some game this time, because he's always followed someone else's coattails in the past to get as far as he did.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I liked that there were not the usual 2 obvious choices for tribal tonight!

I also liked that Ozzy's team won immunity- not that I prefer them yet- but because I like the teams to be even early on.

I was cool with tonight's vote-out... that player was a wee bit too bitchy for my taste.

I was prepared to come on here and marvel/complain that somehow sleazy Brandon was never mentioned as the one shooting for Mikayla while everyone else was getting thrown under the bus, and then he went and outed himself. He's still my least favorite in the game. He's more like Uncle Russell than he wants to admit.

If there is a Hantz family member involved in this program next season, I think I'll take a pass.

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

Brandon is certifiable. Poor Mikayla. Because it's HER fault that HE finds her so attractive?!? If they were living in the 13th century he would have had her burned at the stake as a witch by now.

Kinda slowish eps but I'm into this season so far. Major alarm bells that Ozzy and his alliance are reminding me of Rob and his BORING mob from last season though. Ozzy=Rob (complete with Idol), Keith=Grant, the two other girls = Ashley & Natalie. For that reason I'm much more rooting for Coach's team now. I can NOT handle a repeat of last season's dreck-fest.

SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Season finale is this Sunday... season has been hit or miss for me... largely unlikable cast, especially the final five... there's no one left I'd like to see win... Ozzy turned out to be a major tool as well... Brandon is indeed certifiable, as highlighted by tonight's episode...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I think I never made it past September... the Redemption Island and bringing back former players must cease.

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

I've actually enjoyed this season. And in a major turn around, Ozzy and his tribe went from being my least favourites at the beginning to my most favourites after they switched things around by voting out Ozzy's chief ally Elise, and then when Ozzy took that crazy gamble of getting himself voted onto Redemption Island.

Their crazy tactics made this season so much more interesting. Which is why it was so frustrating that that pathetic little snake Cochran ruined it all by betraying them to Coach and his gang of boring Rob's Zombies 2.0.

Of the remainings, I'm really hoping Ozzy makes it back from Redemption Island to win the whole thing, but since that's unlikely to happen, I guess Sophie is my by default favourite of the remaining blue tribe.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I read the finale recap. This show may have just run its course.

I'll try again next time *IF* there are NO former players or Redemption Island.

Lardy I just noticed your question-- I def. remember starting off watching the 'Race Wars' season but remember nothing about it other than the 4 segregated tribes.

--------------------

SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Of the final three, I was glad for the winner... seemed to be the only truly deserving one...

--------------------

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

After bailing early on the Coach/Ozzy season (and not regretting it for one moment), it looks like I can get back into SURVIVOR when it returns in Feb!

NO FORMER CASTMEMBERS! NO MENTION OF RUSSELL OR HIS RELATIVES! NO REDEMPTION ISLAND! Those 3 simple things have ensured my return. Learn about ONE WORLD here... including this season's villain, the gay republican (I hope he's hot!!):

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/01/18/survivor-one-world-new-cast-revealed/

--------------------

SharkLad
Wanderer

Thank God they're done with the former cast members... I won't miss Redemption Island either... overall, looks to be potentially very good...

--------------------

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.