Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Survivor: FACTS OF LIFE (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  21  22  23   
Author Topic: Survivor: FACTS OF LIFE
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Also happy to see that blowhard gone.

Meanwhile Naonka continues to be one of the most unpleasant people I've ever see on TV. Survivor sure does attract them. Often I feel they're hamming it up for their 'role' on the show but not with this girl. She really does just seem to be a total bitch.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
K then!

Those who were growing a bit bored by this season surely took notice with this episode that things are back on track!

No more young VS. old... kudos to Survivor for ending that failed expirement, along with the lame Medallion of Power.

Seperate reward/immunity was back!

Am I evil for taking utter delight in seeing both Marty and Naonka's comfort go completely tits-up with the tribe-switches? LOVED that.

That water-spitting challenge-- WTF! That was great!

My baby Jud ("Fabio" if you must) got to make the winning play!

I had a feeling Tyrone was making a mistake with the chicken...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Those who were growing a bit bored by this season surely took notice with this episode that things are back on track!

I concur... loved seeing Marty and Nay sweat it out... and no more ridonkulous medallion of power...

The water-spitting challenge was one of the craziest things I've ever seen, including what looked like the near drowning of Brenda at the end of it...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

The last couple of episodes haven't been as good as the opening few IMO but there's still been nuggets to enjoy about them. I think I would've rathered we had a few more episodes with the old tribes before the mix-up but c'est la vie.

I was happy to see Jimmy T go last week and less than happy to see the person who went this one - but I can see how his demeanour would have been annoying to the youngies, and his physicality probably posed a threat. How Dan has survived this long amazes me though.

I cannot wait for Marty's exit. I hope it is the result of a particularly devastating and upsetting blind-side too. Like he gets turned on by Jill or orchestrated by Holly or something. His smugness is unbearbale for me to watch.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Me too. He's going to go... I think Brenda will see to it and I look forward to it very much!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Blacula
Easy

I'm liking Brenda (I'm glad she didn't drown at the end of that challenge this week - that was scary) and will like her even more if she organises Marty's exit. I like that she's playing the game but not in an overt, arrogant sort of way (like Marty).
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Yes, she's VERY likable to me. I hope they totally blindside Marty and he leaves with the immunity idol in his pocket.

So my new faves consist of Jud (Fabio), Jane, Brenda and I've totes warmed to nutty Holly.

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

I like that same 4 plus Jill (even though she's siding with the snake) and Kelly B (is that the one with the artifical leg?) seems pretty likeable too.

I'm on a Survivor kick at the moment. It's amazing that the show can still be going strong so many years later with so little changes to the process - throw a bunch of people together in a remote location and watch them connive and scheme and outmuscle each other until there's only one person left. It really is a winning formula.

Does anyone know of any good download sites where I might find older episodes from seasons I've missed?

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Hulu only has the current season thus far and 2 eps from Season 6. I'd be intersted to find a site too!

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

Hulu only works in America so I couldn't use that site anyway.

Here's where I catch up on most shows that I've missed -

http://eztv.it/

Go to the Show List and see everything on offer.

SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Dumbest. Votes. Ever.

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

^ Totally agree. I was all excited to see the dead-weight and the snake get voted off and then... they didn't. [Frown] La Flor were crazy for not using that *perfect* opportunity to get rid of Marty. It will come back to bite them I think. Particularly Brenda. He will be gunning for her.
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not sure why La Flor didn't vote Marty out in the second chance vote. Jeff didn't ask for the idol during the second vote. I can only guess that they never intended to and only wanted to flush out the idol. Maybe they feared not having him for the challenges?

And over at the other tribe...Yve was playing the game too hard? Really? Granted, she made a misstep when she brought up her connection to the other older La Flor members, but still. And Dan wouldn't even admit he's contemplated quitting several times. Oh well....

I liked Marty's "grand master of chess" story with Fabio and how Fabio was impressed, though. If Marty can entertain me that way again, I'll be okay with him sticking around another week.

We'll see how Brenda stacks up in the long run. I'm not sure it was wise playing her cards at tribal like that.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

ARRGH... stupid CBS.com quit working before the tribals, and for some reason this ep isn't ON DEMAND yet-- WTF is with this ep??? I'll go read the recap on EW.com, but I can tell right away I'm upset Marty isn't gone...

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

^ Despite its unfortunate outcome that Tribal is worth a watch if you can, if only to see Brenda make Marty sweat.

I really like Brenda and love that she seems to be playing this game hard (especially its 'strategy' part) and isn't being too arrogant about it (this is Survivor though so of course they're all a little bit arrogant). I fear she's revealed herself a bit too soon now though. I will be very surprised if she makes it to the end.

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  21  22  23   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.