Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Survivor: FACTS OF LIFE (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  21  22  23   
Author Topic: Survivor: FACTS OF LIFE
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Coach has grown on me, I want to see him go far now.

I agree Lardi, dangerous player indeed. Good choice by the tribe (and excellent play by those invloved).

Next week looks like it could be interesting too.

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
I like Coach, his stories and his honour code is a bit childish but the guy is harmless.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Coach's really kind of a big baby, but he's very non-generic. I like non-generic, even if it is borderline annoying. Thing is, I don't think he's acting at all! I think he really is that flaky and uses terms like "dragon-slayer" in his everyday life! Lots of reality stars put on airs, but I think he's the genuine article as far as being what he appears to be.

So next week, we're getting another injury. The preview doesn't spoil who it is or what the severity will be. I hope nobody's taken out medically. With so many choice players, I'd hate to see anyone taken out that way.

And, by the way, Boston Rob is THE MAN!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
He is indeed. At this point this post contains SPOILERS from here on.

Whew! Seeing Boston Rob all slathered up in baby oil had me thinking some borderline villainous thoughts myself...

Russell has now shown himself to be the dumbass I always suspected he was. I believe Rob will see him out next Villains' T-council.

Coach's emotional breakdown had me shedding tears as well... except mine were tears from all the laughing I was doing. The poor dear! Fortunately, he's one of a kind... y'know, just like the Last of the Mohicans and King Arthur and all those other people he compared himself to. Still, his douchebaggery is so much fun to watch for me now. I don't mind if he sticks around a while to be tortured further by his longing to bond with Boston Rob...

This exit blindsided me totally. I didn't think JT would do it. I think he made the right move. Cirie is of absolutely NO value in challenges.

This season has been excellent thus far.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't think JT would go through with it either, but mostly because I've gotten so used to the way the producers edit the show to try to convince the audience that an unlikely vote or change of alliance is going to happen only to not have it happen ... Burnett loves a good red herring ...

I laughed my ass off when Tyson pointed out Coach's douchebaggery to him after his temper tantrum ... "Don't put feathers in your hair at tribal council, don't tell your stories - no one believes them and they mock you, and do your tai chi where no one can see you" ... great shit ...

Next week's challenge look like that same stupid one from last season when Ben kicked someone and a bunch of people got banged up ... with all the challenges over the last ten years they have to choose from, that's a lame one to go with ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
They're definitely relying too much on the overly physically confrontational challenges. I remember when this kind of challenge was very rare, and now there's one pretty much every episode. They lend themselves to injuries and contestants leaving prematurely. Though nice for a change of pace, I'd rather see teamwork and mental sharpness be the key factors.

Tyson was at his best in that session with Coach. I was surprised that he was actually as sensitive as he was. He was even restrained in front of the camera. But what we got was pretty darn funny! Tyson gives good snark, and that's entertaining.

Cirie made the mistake too early of showing overt manipulation. If she'd went with the consensus about Candice and kept the tribe strong, she would've been fine. I think J.T. seeing that was what ultimately swayed his vote. Voting her out also broke up what was shaping up as a power threesome in Cirie, James and Amanda, who'd all played together before. Good move!

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Ouch, on the injury.
Hope it heals fast or else the heroes made bad choice at council.

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm starting to get really frustrated with this season ... too much Russell ... too much Courtney sitting out of challenges with a smirk on her face ... too many stupid decisions by the "Heroes" ...

--------------------

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I am 100% over the heroes.

Can't WAIT for the Rob/Russell showdown!

And Coach taking douchebaggery to a whole new level by bowing before Russell-- priceless!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Whoa. Poor stupid Tyson. Well he's been kinda a nonentity this season anyway.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! *gasp*

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! *wail*

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! *choke*

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! *hyperventalate*

--------------------

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Not overly surprised, I don't like Russell but he is a coniving little weasel who plays the game well.
SharkLad
Wanderer

Another bonehead move ... but by the villains for once ... last week was a pretty bonehead move too, but Tyson had only himself to blame ...

I hope Russell gets his soon ...

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

This will probably be the turning point for the Villains. I think neither Rob nor Russell should have gone. Coach had the right idea in getting rid of either Courtney or Sandra. Their lack of strength was obvious, but their under-the-radarness is most dangerous at this point. If Russell and Rob weren't so busy cock-fighting, they would have seen that.

--------------------

SharkLad
Wanderer

While watching the Villains self-destruct the last few weeks has been entertaining, I'm not so sure I'm gonna enjoy watching the same thing happen to the Heroes, possibly starting next week. For all their "We're the strongest 5 players ever!" talk, the Heroes don't trust each other any more than Parvati and Russell do. Speaking of Russell, it was great seeing someone other than Rob finally stand up to him. I haven't thought much of Danielle this season, but she's at least willing to tell Russell when he's wrong.

And as for next week, if the teaser proves to be true and Russell gets another reason to crow that he's the "greatest player in the history of Survivor," the rest of the season is gonna be unwatchable ...

--------------------

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  21  22  23   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.