Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Survivor: FACTS OF LIFE (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  21  22  23   
Author Topic: Survivor: FACTS OF LIFE
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
It was great seeing Russell not get what he wanted (he voted Courtney and Coach still got the boot). He's lost Danielle as an ally.

Speaking of which, I am shocked to admit this but... I was sad to see Coach go.

Maybe the girls WILL form an alliance and dump Russell next. Surely Rupert's observation put the thought in thier heads as it did in mine.

SURELY JT is lying about giving Russell the idol!!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
I really hope so ... if he does give it away, he should have to give back the million dollars he won in Tocantins ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

TYPING AS I WATCH... beware speculative spoilers!!!

Well, IMO, Tyson's bone-headed play earlier has just been replaced by someone else's as stupidest move this season. We'll see how this plays out...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Stupidest thing EVER.

--------------------

SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm still dumbfounded ... I'll have more to say after I can finally wrap my head around how anybody on the Heroes tribe thought that was a good idea ...

--------------------

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I think it comes down to the fact that they have no idea what Russell's about. None of them could have seen his season of Survivor because of the production schedule. So he was an unknown quantity. Had they the proper intel on Russell, they wouldn't have made that mistake. (Of course his being on the "Villains" tribe might have been a clue...)

Also, other than possibly Amanda, none of these five Heroes have exactly impressed me with their superior strategy in the past. On the other hand, I gotta hand it to Parvati. Her gameplay is actually pretty strong. It's no fluke she won last time around. I'd say Russell's met his match!

Watch out for Sandra, though. If I were the Villains, I would've taken her out instead of Courtney. Sandra's game play has been pretty good herself, and if the Heroes have any sense at all, they'd be wise to bring her to their side.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I've no doubt that Sandra will flip! She's totally grown on me.

--------------------

Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
In a bizarre way, I sort of see JT's logic. If the "Women's Alliance" had existed, and assuming a merge was imminent, and assuming that saving Russell would earn his loyalty, it basically would have set up the Heroes to pick the Villain women off one by one for the next four weeks.

But, yeah... those are some rather big assumptions to be making with no real insight into the inner workings of the other team other than casual observance.

It was worth it, though, just to see Colby's inner-struggle out on the dock as, against all better judgement, he slips the word to Russell. Hilarious!

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

quote:
Originally posted by Officer Taylor:
(Of course his being on the "Villains" tribe might have been a clue...)

That's the kicker ... I don't know if anyone else reads Jeff Probst's blog on ew.com, but this is what he wrote about it ...

There’s been a lot of debate about whether Russell had an advantage or a disadvantage since nobody knew anything about him coming into this season. My take is that he had neither. We told everybody at the start of the show that they should read a lot into the fact that while they hadn’t seen Russell play, Russell was selected as one of the 5 most notorious male villains of all time. These are seasoned players, they knew this meant that Russell was a bad dude. On the flip side, when we asked Russell to join the H v V cast, we told him there is a very good chance you’ll be voted out early because nobody knows you, nobody has played with you and therefore nobody can trust you. Russell knew that was a risk going in. So both sides had fair warning. They were just as likely to vote him out in episode one for fear of the unknown as they were to keep him. Once Russell survived a couple of votes and showed what kind of player he is – intimidating, calculating, cunning – all bets were off.

--------------------

SharkLad
Wanderer

He got what he deserved ...

--------------------

Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
If you mean JT getting booted for being a goober... agreed.

If you mean Russell finally being shown that he's not fully in control... doubly agreed!

Side note: If I see one more shot of people's gnarled toes during some challenge, I think I'm going to be sick. [Disgusting]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

especially Rupert's toes ...

I was referring to JT, but you're right about Russell ... hopefully, after he gets his 5 minutes of airtime to crow about how he outplayed JT, the rest of the episode will be Russell scrambling to stay in control ... followed by Sandra snuffing out his torch ...

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Just watched it ON DEMAND, and...

THAT WAS. THE BEST. TRIBAL COUNCIL. !!EVER!!

I'm so glad that idiot JT got the boot. I used to be a fan, but he completely lost me last week.

Looks like Russell doesn't care for Parvati making the PLAY of the EFFIN' CENTURY and stealing his thunder. heh heh. See, Russell... SOME chicks are even smarter than YOU. Hard to believe, isn't it? I hope to see Sandra take him out next week!!

This has been a great season!!

--------------------

Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Getting ready to watch it.. I hope Russell gets the boot..

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Crymsun:
Getting ready to watch it.. I hope Russell gets the boot..

[No]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  21  22  23   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.