Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Survivor: FACTS OF LIFE (Page 15)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  21  22  23   
Author Topic: Survivor: FACTS OF LIFE
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Just popping in to say I'm really enjoying this season. Three great Tribal Councils in a row IMO. Also SO happy to see Russel get ditched in this latest episode. Now if only Matt can deliver the killing blow at Redemption Island.

Like Lash, I'm not liking Rob as much as a person this season as I did in HvV but his incredible strategising, and charismatic control of his team is really impressive and enjoyable to watch.

I've got quite a few faves so far this season too. From Rob's team I'm liking Andrea, crazy-Phillip and espcially Kristina. From Russel's team I'm liking Sarita, Ralph, the ex-military guy and especially Julie. LOVED the way she played Russell along and then stuck the knife in. That's what he gets for still not knowing her name after like 6 days out there!

The only person I'm *really* hating this season (apart from Russell of course) is Stephanie. What a sycophantic freak. She has *really* drunk the Russell kool-aid. Admonishing the team for ditching Russell as if he was ever going to help any of them to get to the end. She hitched her horse to the wrong wagon early on and now hopefully she's going to go down with it.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
maybe the next several seasons will be Russell-free now. One can pray so.

Boy, am I praying... praying that Matt kicks Russell's ass next week and we don't have to hear "I'm Russell Hantz!" again until the reunion...

Stephanie is a tool... hope she's next to go...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah Stephanie sucks. She slit her own throat... then made that vague "storm's a-coming" threat... she reminds me of a helter-skelter Manson girl.

Blacs, I am *totes* rooting for super-underdog Kristina!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, Russell ain't gone yet...unfortunately.

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Yeah Stephanie sucks. She slit her own throat... then made that vague "storm's a-coming" threat... she reminds me of a helter-skelter Manson girl.

YES! That is such a good analogy. Someone on another board called her Squeaky Fromme which made me [LOL] .

quote:
Blacs, I am *totes* rooting for super-underdog Kristina!

She needs to find another hidden immunity idol STAT!
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
I love Kristina too... funny how the smart, slightly older woman usually ends up an early target (and fan favorite)...

--------------------

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Prediction: She finds the second idol with no clue, just like the first.

This time she tells NO ONE.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
'scuse me, sorry, so sorry, 'scuse me ma'am, sir, thing I don't really recognize...comin' through. Post whoring here people. Make way.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Dunno. This season is feeling a little to...artificial? I mean, I know this isn't really real and all, but it just feels a little too staged and unreal somehow this season. Might be the Redemption Island angle. Hard to say.

I guess Ralph seems more artifical Hillbilly compared to others like Big Tom (the excessive body hair doesn't help [Smile] ) Philip is just effin' GOOFY. It just feels like everybody is somehow too made for primetime. I don't know why it's striking me so much this season as compared to others, but I'm really feeling it.

Boston Rob's still fun to watch play, though.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

This season definitely feels more like stunt casting than usual... and I'm not liking the Redemption Island angle... especially if it saves Russell...

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Redemption Island seems like a sound concept, but the execution is looking really off. It's also taking time away from us seeing the cast strategize and what-not, which is the real draw of the show. Also, not a fan of throwing challenges. That almost always bites tribes ion the ass. Really, no favorites other than Boston Rob emerging.

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Redemption Island is okay with me... I used to love Real World/Road Rules "the duel", where one from each team had to fight it out to stay in the game very episode. I'd almost rather they went with that for this season of Survivor too (the winner of the RW/RR duel went back to their team right away, usually pissed that they got voted into the duel yet also with leverage because they WON the duel).

I feel what Lardy is saying though, but I can track the point of artifice to the Rob/Russell recasting. Redemption Island feels like a way to keep them around as long as possible.

NO STUNT CASTING next season, please, Survivor!

--------------------

Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm really enjoying Redemption Island. I hate Russel so much, but I think that's part of the fun.

You just know he's going to kick butt on the island. He's good at challenges, and I think he can beat Matt in puzzles or physical challenges.

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Really, when I think on it, having Russell there is genius... half the folks love him and half the folks hate him and want him to fail!

If he wins, the lovers get to be happy and the haters (which I count myself as) get the fun of bitching about it and PRAYING he loses next time.

That's kind of special there, for real.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

I enjoyed Russell those two seasons last year, but having him in three out of the last four seasons IS a bit too much! Rob's not as bad because he didn't go very far in Heroes v. Villains and had a long lull before appearing there. He's entertaining and very good at the game, especially at learning from his mistakes.

I just haven't felt compelled by anyone else at this point.

--------------------

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  21  22  23   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.