Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Survivor: FACTS OF LIFE (Page 20)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23   
Author Topic: Survivor: FACTS OF LIFE
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH classic:
... including this season's villain, the gay republican (I hope he's hot!!):

And his name is Colton Cumbie? Really?

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Wonder if Jeff will call him Colton or Cumbie...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
OMG!!! TELL ME you guys are watching this season!

I just caught up with the first 4 episodes--

HOW did that horrible queen Colton go from being the ladyboy who would be first "boy" out to being an almost Disneylike EVIL QUEEN OF THE TRIBE?

This has been hysterical! Colton getting away with being COMPLETELY EVIL and rolling her bitchy eyes at everything in Tribal is cracking me up...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I am watching this season too and LOVING it!

However, Colton is the THE MOST VILE, REPREHENSIBLE SCUMBAG I have ever seen on reality television. He was entertainingly awful in the first few episodes but, in this lastest one, with his bare-faced racism, elitism and all-around rudeness, he has crossed over into unwatchably awful territory.

And Tarzan, whom I had been liking previously, went down with him after that weird rant about how just because America has a black President now, somehow race issues are no longer a problem? When it's pitifully obvious that one of Colton's biggest problems with Bill is that he's black? Tarzan just outed himself as one of those rich (he's a plastic surgeon) 'poor me' white men who react defensively when the injustices that some from their race/class inflict are pointed out.

That said, there are a lot of good characters this season. Both tribes have been chock-full of likeable and unlikeable characters. And I've really enjoyed seeing the dynamics created by both the male/female split and the one-camp situation.

And this latest episode, with all the tension about whether the guys would give up immunity or not, was amazing! What a crazy decision. I loved Jeff's stunned reaction when they walked into Tribal!

My absolute hope, hope, hope to win at this point is Sabrina. She is one cool, classy customer! Love her! Failing that, I wouldn't mind seeing Chelsea, Christina or Kim from the female tribe win. Or Jonas or Troyzan from the male tribe.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Probst had been saying from the beginning that Colton was a total villain... after this week, I'd say he's a total prick... completely watchable in a Disneylike evil queen kind of way, but a total prick... I usually don't subscribe to the whole "person you love to hate" thing, but I have to admit I am loving to hate Colton... I see a major blindside coming his way...

--------------------

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder what kind of reaction Colton is getting back in the real world after the latest episode. He sounds like a person who avoids dealing with people unlike himself, but perhaps some "outsiders" are finding ways to break through his barriers.

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Colton's dickheadishness continued unabated until-- YOU KNOW WHAT. Colton, meet Karma. Karma has a bone (and a body organ) to pick with you.

Now that THAT happened, things can really get to popping. I'd have liked the guy/girl teams to remain a little longer so Colton could pick off (or attempt to anyway) more of the he-men types.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Blacula
Easy

Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead!

And not a moment too soon either because, after that despicable bullying of Christina at the beginning of the episode, I had just decided that I could not watch one more episode with him.

Some people find him entertaining to watch? I found myself wishing bodily harm upon him. AND THEN GOD DELIVERED! Thank you Jesus! Now if only you can strike down that rancid shrew Alicia in the next episode too!

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

P.S. Here's a secret scene they didn't show in the episode -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIvSeIdxX8s&feature=g-u-u&context=G2ce133aFUAAAAAAAAAA

Colton and Alicia are vile, racist, sociopathic pieces of scum. And she's a TEACHER?!? God help her poor students. I wonder if she joins in on the bullying of her poor kids?

One thing I did love though was that Colton left the game and didn't give her his Idol! He'd rather have a little keepsake than help his weasel henchwoman in the game! haha Just goes to show how selfish and uncaring people like him are.

Blacula
Easy

Still really enjoying this season. There have certainly been a lot of twists and turns (not all of them planned).

The ladies seem to have an almost certain lock on the top spots at this point though (the guys were crazy for not staying united after the merge) - but anything can happen before the end.

People I like at this point - Christina, Sabrina, Troyzan... and Mike and his sneaky, trouble-stirring ways has really grown on me.

People I dislike at this point - Alicia, Tarzan, Jay (seems like a secret asshole) and Kat (she's fairly harmless but I don't find overly stupid people all that funny/endearing).

People I'm indifferent too - everyone else. (I used to like Kim but she seems like she's being too groomed for the obvious winner at this point and I'd rather be surprised.)

I think this is one of the better seasons I've seen in a long time actually.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Agreed, Blacs... definitely better than the previous Russel and Rob seasons (although I really liked Heroes vs. Villains except for Parvati losing).

Why did Jonas practically slit his OWN throat at Tribal by calling out Mike? That was a gamble that did NOT pay off. Tarzan should be next to go.

I too am down with Christina, Sabrina and now Troyzan. Less down with Mike, I prefer Jay... I admit his looks MIGHT influence that somehwat, though Mike is handsome as well.

--------------------

SharkLad
Wanderer

Between this week's and last week's blindsides, the boys sure proved to be pretty dumb... and (can it be possible?) I actually miss Colton...

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I'm still enjoying this season a bunch-- and especially hope to see Kim take a BIG fall.

The fact that Jay is an utter and complete dumbass only makes me MORE sexually attracted to him. [Big Grin] Can't wait to see him all cleaned up next week, although he HAS to have the PRETTIEST beard I have ever seen! *dreamy sigh*

I'm still hoping for a Sabrina or Troyzan victory with Chelsea and Christina as my next picks.

I can't say I *miss* Colton but I *AM* curious how differently the game is playing out in the alternate universe where he didn't get sick.

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

Yes - as much as I hated Colton, he was at least a scheming, back-stabbing game-player who wouldn't have just laid down and let Kim control the whole game like she's doing. It would be interesting to see how differently this season would have turned out on Earth-3 where he didn't get sick.

That said, I'm still quite happy with the way things are going. I like pretty much all of the girls (minus Alicia) so I don't mind seeing them in charge... but I definitely want to see some surprise vote-offs before the end; and the vote off that would be my #1 surprise (and therefore the one I most want to happen at this point) is Kim.

Unfortunately, the other players (minus Troyzan) are all too dumb to target her I fear, and the editing is also so heavily pointing toward her victory, that I think she's going to be around until the end.

Still hoping for a Christina, Sabrina or Chelsea win, with Leif being my fourth pick for being the little engine who could.

Troyzan seems like dead man walking at this point so I'll be very surprised if he lasts more than a few more Tribal Councils.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The girls on the outer fringes of the female alliance would be well advised to turn on Kim before all the guys are gone. Christina and Alicia are surely looking at fifth and sixth place if things go the way they look to. And who wants that?!?!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.