Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Survivor: FACTS OF LIFE (Page 18)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23   
Author Topic: Survivor: FACTS OF LIFE
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Skipping again. I'll read the recap.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
I wish I had followed your lead these past few weeks, Lash. I have found this season to be just interminable.

I don't mind the concept of "Redemption Island," but I really hope this is the last time they bring back players from previous seasons. Though it's probably unintentional, every time I hear Jeff Probst call Rob, "Mariano," it just smacks of favoritism.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Yeah, this 2 experienced pros thing has been a compelete and total failure all the way around.

The deliciousness of seeing Russell taken out early has all been lost by the idiocy of keeping Rob around until the end.

FLOP.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Survivor history normally shows that mixing experienced players with greenhorns tends to favor the experienced ones. Fans vs. Favorites showed that. Stephanie got far when she was brought back with Bobby-John (or whatever) that one season. I like Boston Rob, but his success against all these n00bs is definitely hurting the element of suspense.

Save the vets for All-Star editions, which I always like.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Dang, how'd we get to the finale already?

Still have 8 players in the mix... interesting to see what happens with Redemption Island...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
My order of who I'd like to see return from Redemption Island -

1. Mike
2. Matt
3. Andrea
4. Grant

and I'd basically like any of the four RI players to win the game. I find the remaining four Survivors in the main part of the game all insufferable.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't seen all the seasons of Survivor but this was EASILY the worst of all the ones I have seen.

I don't know how anyone could not have seen Rob winning this game since practically the beginning. It has been SO obvious from the editing and all the focus on him and even from his interactions with all the other challengers. You could tell that the Zapatera team all respected him and that he had pulled the wool over his own team's eyes to such an extent that if any of them resented him for what he did to them (like Grant did) they would all still think he was worthy of the $1 million - which is exactly what happened.

After the first few episodes, this season had absolutely ZERO surprise or surprise. Heck - I could have given you a boot list at the merge and it would have been spot on to the boot list that eventually happened. That did not make for interesting television.

This season was a total let-down and that feeling seemed to pervade the atmosphere at the Reunion too. Other than Jeff obvisouly giddy that his man-crush Rob had finally claimed a victory on his fourth attempt, everyone else (even the audience) just seemed somber and bored - like they were as over it all as I was. Which they probably were - it must have been so frustrating for them to watch the show and see that they had been Rob's pawns all season, and that that had played perfectly into CBS's hands because this had been THE ROB SHOW all along.

And now they're bringing back the exact same gimmick of having two returning Survivors next season?!? Ugh! Well, it couldn't be a worse season than this one I guess.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
And now they're bringing back the exact same gimmick of having two returning Survivors next season?

Bleh.

Watch one of them be Matt (who will promptly be voted out to Redemption in the first Tribal Council [LOL] ).

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

WHAT? AGAIN? Did they learn nothing feom this season going tits-up so quickly? SO glad I skipped these last several episodes.

--------------------

Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Legion Tracker:
I dunno, Lardy. If Rob gets to the finals, I can almost see the whole tribe falling prostrate in front of him chanting "Rob is Survivor Supreme."

Called it. Attorney David even spelled it out in his closing statement to the jury.

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Yep, you did. Usually, the tribe turns on the big manipulator and gives all their votes to the flunky. The difference here was Rob's rock star status. I didn't take that into account.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Robs GREEDY!! period. thats why I stopped watching Survivors. [Mad]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I'm worried this show has lost my interest entirely, like American Idol has. That's okay, I'm enjoying my scripted shows these days.

--------------------

Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
Rob just had to be the man of the house and bring home as much money as his wife did.

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LegionFan223
Wearer of the Crown

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LegionFan223   Email LegionFan223         Edit/Delete Post     
I think it was set up by the producers to keep bringing Rob back until he finally won. After 4 tries, it does not seem ike such a feat. Very dissapointed in the tribes for not getting rid of him. Hopefully he will keep his word and NOT ever play again. The viewers award should go to 2nd place, if the Survivor winner is also named Fan Fave.

--------------------
I am smelling like a rose that somebody gave me on my birthday deathbed.

From: Orando | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.