Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Survivor: FACTS OF LIFE (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  21  22  23   
Author Topic: Survivor: FACTS OF LIFE
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
MAN these are some good Tribals... every one so far has been on par with last year's amazing 2-Immunity Idol play by Parvati...

I'm torn by tonight's vote-off... this is either going to be VERY VERY good for them or a disaster of biblical proportions for them.

We'll see.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm predicting disaster of Biblical proportions.

I can't stand that Marty guy. Total snake. Even if Jimmy J was maybe one of the physically weaker players (which is certainly debateable when you've got Dan there), like Jeff said, he's a proven leader - and the type of morale boost he seemed to be offering out there is worth its weight in gold when your spirits are low.

The problem was that Marty and Jimmy T were clearly jealous of the attention and respect he was getting from the others, and so were willing to sacrifice a valuable player for their own egos.

Marty is also totally weird in that he seems to be wanting to stir everyone up into getting into the 'game'-playing, sneakier aspect of Survivor, when right now they should all just be concentrating on sticking together as a team and winning challenges.

I was originally hoping one of the oldies would win this season but if they keep getting led to their graves by the transparently self-oriented actions of Marty and Jimmy T then I might just switch my allegiance to one of the youngies. Though definitely not Naonka who is humorous to watch but would have to be one of the most unpleasant people I've ever seen on TV.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

The producers should remove NaOnka from the game for her threats against her handicapped teammate.

I find her dispicable, disgusting and a poor excuse for a human being. She hates for no reason and is angry for no reason and dares someone to call her out on it. I have no tolerance for that whatsoever. Also her name is stupid.

Rant over.

And yes, Marty and other, nutbag Jimmy are also awful... one's sleazy and the other's crazy and they were both SO Jell-O of Jimmy J.

As of now, I'm rooting for:

Young tribe: Jud (AKA Fabio)

Older tribe: Tyrone (I really like him!! He's funny) and the older blonde lady (NOT CRAZY HOLLY) who was drying pants over the fire.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

ps/ Please keep watching, Blacula! We need more discussion here [Smile]

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

I'll definitely try Lash. Now that I have fast-speed internet (AT LAST!) I can even download the episodes I miss.

Looks like we're liking (and disliking) the same people too. Though I also kinda like crazy Holly. I'm fascinated to see how long someone who so clearly has had a mental breakdown enough to drown someone's shoes (and then worse - own up to it!) can last out there. My prediction - not very long.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I don't think I will ever be able to go without high-speed 'net again now that I have it. I spent 10 years... yep, a decade-- with Web TV... high-speed 'net was like the 30th century! [Smile]

--------------------

THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
Show is pathetic
15 minutes of discussing bs and the 15 minutes of a challenge and then a half hour of deciding who should go. I got better shows to watch than this , I might as well be watching the view.

SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
I found last night's episode pretty boring... I hate combined reward/immunity challenges ...

Jud is kind of amusing, but Nay just sucks the life out of the younger tribe ... any time she comes on, it turns into the 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' ...

and they have to mix up the tribes stat... the older tribe is way too unappealing to watch...

On the plus side, I was happy with last night's vote... that player was getting too much airtime... it should shake up that tribe a bit too which'll be good...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm watching this season as I have almost every one before it, but no one's really emerged as a favorite at this point. So far none of the bad guys are as fun as Russell was last year, and no one's really got an abundance of likeability either.

I was rooting for the older tribe until the wheels really came off. I mean, come on, is anyone really afraid that a jury would award Jimmy Johnson the million? Really?!?! Strategically and for tribe cohesiveness it made a hell of a lot more sense to keep him around. Ugh. Age should bring wisom with it, man!

Naonka....part of me wanted to like her in a Russell kind of way, but she's just too much of a blunt knife. Hard to root for her after what she said about that girl's prosthesis.

Fabio's fun, at least.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh yeah...not crazy about the combined reward/immunity challenges, either.

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

^ I'm preferring the combined immunity/reward challenges. But then, I watch Survivor more for the 'social interaction' -ness than the 'who can stand on a pole the longest' -ness.
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Blacula, the inner workings are more interesting to me as well, but if they're not holding up well on a given week, then the challenges provide a bit of a break. Also, a lot of the more interesting social stuff arises from what happens during the challenges, so they're good dramatic fodder. It would also be interesting to see if the "medallion of power" would be utilized for a reward instead of an immunity and what the consequences might be.

--------------------

SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Odd... Jud/Fabio's name was missing from his picture in the opening credits

--------------------

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

OK... after tonight's ep, I am very very happy about what looks to be happening next week in the previews.

I wasn't bothered by who went home. The only ones I would have been bothered about really are Tyrone and Jan.

--------------------

SharkLad
Wanderer

So glad to see that person gone... don't think I could have dealt with another one of those speeches... still a pretty boring season... next week's preview looks promising though...

--------------------

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  21  22  23   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.