Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » THE WALKING DEAD tv show (Page 45)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 52 pages: 1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  50  51  52   
Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD tv show
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
COOL! Funny, my wife didn't say anything about remembering that scene either.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Well I didn't think it was possible but the TV show has actually created a Michonne that I dislike more than the comic version!

I know the writers/director want us to think she's 'bad-ass' or whatever, but constant Bitchy McStankface is just a total bore. To me, she's totally coming across like one of those people who has to make every shared/group tragedy or misfortune ALL ABOUT THEM. We all know someone like that. Like, "Everyone else is going through a zombie apocalypse too Michonne! You don't have to act like you're the only one having a bad day!" Ugh! She grates!

Other than that, this season seems really good so far. I was really glad to see the prisoners introduced (even if their stories were either extremely curtailed or seem to have been chopped or changed around completely). All the main characters seem more likeable/interesting than they have in a while. (Except Rick maybe - he's still interesting but they've definitely started moving into dark/douche Rick territory.) I'm still blown away by how much more I like TV Maggie over comic Maggie. I was glad to see Hershel survive his recent bite too. He's another one that I didn't really care about in the comic but really feel like his presence adds something here.

Finally, I've always loved David Morrissey as an actor (Blackpool is one of my favorite shows ever - check it out if you've never seen it) so it's great seeing him pop up in such a juicy role as the Governor here. He's doing a great, understatedly creepy job so far too. The way he delivered that "I never tell anyone my real name." "Never say never." "... Never." exchange with Andrea was great!

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
To me, she's totally coming across like one of those people who has to make every shared/group tragedy or misfortune ALL ABOUT THEM. We all know someone like that. Like, "Everyone else is going through a zombie apocalypse too Michonne! You don't have to act like you're the only one having a bad day!"

While I'm enjoy Judgy McMichonneFace (at least right now, another whole episode of it I may not) ... this does seem to be a pretty true assessment. Hopefully she'll get some development shortly, though I'm sure the first few episodes may just be the kind of development where she kills zombies in different ways. Le to the sigh.

I'm intrigued to see what becomes of Herschel. Is it only a matter of an episode or two before he succumbs to his illness a la Allen, perhaps even as Lori is in labor? With how Carol is working, it's setting her up to either deliver that baby herself or ...snicker... die practicing.

Still love TV Maggie as well.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
Man! You're telling me they couldn't slip in at least one measly "you follow me?" in there?!?!

Got that in this one at least.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm starting to wonder a bit if there was anything to Michonne other than the incredible visual of her and her 2 zombie pack mule/disguise pets.

Taking away the "is she or isn't she a nutjob talking to someone who isn't there" thing has definitely hurt her live-action character somewhat. Still-- I'm all about some kickass ladies and she's wise enough not to trust the Governor. I'm still into her.

A couple of surprising goodbyes tonight, the MOST surprising to me at least being the second one. The first one I have been expecting since he was introduced, but I know it will upset his fans here so I hated to see it.

The second one I figured to be a mid-season or season finale thing.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
HOLY!!!!!

That was an episode to be remembered for a long time.

This season is firing on all cylinders!

Like or hate what has happened...you cannot deny that this season is one hell of a ride.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
The television series accomplished something with tonight's episode that the comic book never has. I cried.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
PVR cut off the last minute (C'mon, AMC!) Did anything happen after

Click Here For A SpoilerRick fell to the ground crying?

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Nah, that was pretty much it! They showed some scenes for next week and ran the closing credits.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Dev - Em
KIA

Oh yeah, and then there was the Governor dropping the Click Here For A Spoiler"It's just my daughter and me now." line.
Dev - Em
KIA

Regarding the last shock of the episode: Click Here For A SpoilerLori is def gone. Read an article with the actress who played her and Lori is gone and it was Carl that took care of things.
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Didn't think that was terribly ambiguous, Dev. [shrug]

Devastating episode, btw. Felt like a season finale, but we're only four eps in!

I was expecting something rather humdrum this week, to tell the truth. Maybe I was going by the slow pace of the first half of last season?

I'll miss both characters. I really wish they had kept the first to die around longer. He/she really seemed to be blossoming in his appearances this season. As for the second to die, the scene was beautifully played by the actor/actress, I thought. Lots of people hated that character, kind of justifiably, but I hope those final scenes made an impression. (I cried a little--I'll admit it. Especially when the other character reacted to the news.)

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

I've seen some things that some people other places might have thought there was a chance.
Dev - Em
KIA

I am so liking Carl this season. There...I said it.
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Neither of the deaths was unexpected, but I would've expected each of the much later. I'm particularly surprised that Click Here For A SpoilerT-Dog didn't survive long enough to meet up with Merle again.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 52 pages: 1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  50  51  52   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.