Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » THE WALKING DEAD tv show (Page 46)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 52 pages: 1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52   
Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD tv show
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Neither of the deaths was unexpected, but I would've expected each of the much later. I'm particularly surprised that Click Here For A SpoilerT-Dog didn't survive long enough to meet up with Merle again.

Yeah, I thought he/she had a hall pass until at least that meeting occurred. Going against that expectation and the other death preventing some resolution to the tension between that character and another one really make this season feel really unpredictable!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Plus we do not know the fate of another one of the crew.

I like how they are not drawing out things as they did in previous seasons.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Neither of the deaths was unexpected, but I would've expected each of the much later. I'm particularly surprised that Click Here For A SpoilerT-Dog didn't survive long enough to meet up with Merle again.

They do seem to be glossing over the fact that Merle is a racist prick somewhat and losing that possible conflict you mention is an odd choice. I get that Andrea's treading carefully around him but she does seem a little too trusting, but I hope this angle isn't dropped.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Merle has been toned down because there now is someone around that he actually fears... The Governor.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Let's not forget that Merle was a meth-head the last time we saw him. Presumably, he's clean, now.

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Good point!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
There are still touches of the Merle we know and love to hate...but time may have calmed him a little (I hope not too much), and getting clean cannot hurt.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
A slightly calmed down Merle makes it all the more dramatic when he goes batshit evil.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Like...when he sees Rick. That should be a very interesting confrontation given what Rick and the group has just been through.
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Watched the mist last night on Netflix . 2007 frank darabont show that was very much a proto-walking dead including having three of the main cast in very simar roles. A lot of the same strengths and weaknesses darabont was noted for on the show were all here. I don't know if I'd recommend it other than as curious per-cursor to TWD.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Kind of a ramp down episode and a set up episode for things to come.

We dud get two big things... Click Here For A Spoilerthe phone for Rick and the Governors daughter.

Overall a slower episode, but enjoyable. Also starting to see how the prison and Woodbury are going to collide.

Dev - Em
KIA

A few other things...

The Woodbury scene at the end was done really well I thought.

Michonne got to say more in this episode than she has in the last 4...which is good, and it seems that she will run into the others soon enough.

Oh, and how about the appetite of that walker/sitter in the boiler room...he didn't waste an ounce. In fact, he was so full he couldn't move.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Dev - Em:

Oh, and how about the appetite of that walker/sitter in the boiler room...he didn't waste an ounce. In fact, he was so full he couldn't move.

Yeah, I didn't get at all what they were implying with that walker until I saw the Talking Dead show later. Eeeeeewwwwwww! I mean, DAMN, even the bones?!?!? [Eek!]

--------------------

Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
That was so gross.

Surprised to see the phone thing so early.

Carl trying to name the baby was a heartbreaker.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, the name the baby scene was fantastic and heartbreaking as Carl attempts to firmly be an adult while revealing how much of a little kid he still is with his limited life experience.

Subtle things like Daryl's leadership, Maggie's badassness / bravery, and Glenn & Herschel's caring 'family' moment were all great. I'm in love with Maggie.

I saw a theory that maybe Click Here For A SpoilerLori is still alive, rescued by Carol who used her limited knowledge to stitch her up.. It seems unlikely given what was said in interviews but I'd really like it I think, especially as it'd show the one doing the saving in a really good light.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 52 pages: 1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.