Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » THE WALKING DEAD tv show (Page 47)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 52 pages: 1  2  3  ...  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52   
Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD tv show
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Michonne leaving was a surpirse given the comic history, though we never see where she ended up. Maybe Merle picked her up ten minutes later and she's held captive, or maybe she'll make it to the prison. Although this is more of a tension brought up by knowledge of the books specifically rather than in-show so probably over-thinking it.

I don't remember a phone call, maybe its past where I read.

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
The phonecall subplot was one of my lesser favorites of the comic, so of course they couldn't wait to throw that in. Meanwhile, Tyreese is nowhere to be seen on the TV show. *BLANK STARE*

But as I have told myself several times, it is best to enjoy the TV show and comic as 2 separate entities... and the TV show is firmly in the running for BEST THING EVER this season.

How strange are those happy community scenes in Woodbury in relation to, like... EVERY OTHER SCENE in the show?

And that Penny... such an adorable tyke!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Kay
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Kay   Email Jay Kay         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, Woodbury's whole creepy appeal has a lot to do with that "there's no way this community's this nice," thing--not to mention that it's run by a secret sadist that runs zombie gladiator matches.
From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Can't you just see Merle hosting a television show like "Redneck Remedies Post-Collapse" on the History Channel?
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm liking Merle...and no, I don't think he's changed all that much. He's still an ass...just hedging his bets to find his brother.

Carl has quickly been moving up the ranks of faves this season.

I hope that Carol is found somewhere somehow...or did they address that on The Talking Dead? Have not watched it yet.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dev - Em:
I hope that Carol is found somewhere somehow...or did they address that on The Talking Dead? Have not watched it yet.

They were kinda cagey about this on Talking Dead. The quick preview mentioning "Carol's knife" makes me think she's still around. No idea why she wouldn't have turned up yet if she's alive. I just hope it doesn't get drawn out like the search for her daughter did last season. Ugh.

However, what is whomever was watching Carol at the end of episode 1 or 2 wasn't Andrew? What if there's another creepy sadistic prisoner around (like in the comics, except separate from the other inmates) who took the opportunity of Carol's separation to make his move?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

I saw a theory that maybe Click Here For A SpoilerLori is still alive, rescued by Carol who used her limited knowledge to stitch her up.. It seems unlikely given what was said in interviews but I'd really like it I think, especially as it'd show the one doing the saving in a really good light.

Hate to disappoint ya, Des, but producer Greg Nicotero said outright on last night's Talking Dead that that bloated zombie that Rick went crazy on had just consumed Lori's remains before Rick arrived. [Eek!]

At least, Hershel had a good outcome with his problem and went the Dale route, rather than the Allen route.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I hope that comic plot (sadistic prisoner) is one that is dropped, and also Carol's comicbook fate too.

I know we've got to lose people now and then, but I worry that the TV show isn't exactly finding living replacements for the ones we are losing... I can't exactly see anyone from Woodbury leaving there and joining the Grimes Gang... except Merle, maybe, and that would probably be to betray them.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I could see the Doc doing it.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, if the two prisoners count as additions to the group, and if Carol shows back up, then they're actually still +1 baby over what they had when they ended last season.

I thought the bloated zombie was kind of goofy.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

It does seem goofy that Lori would have been completely consumed, bones and all. We have never seen that happen before. We've seen a score of zombies leave a character only half-eaten in the webisodes, so the idea that one zombie would devour a person from skull to toes (and her clothes too?) came out of nowhere to me.

If I hadn't been texting Dev, I would have totally missed that Lori was supposed to be completely eaten in that zombie's belly. I was half-suspecting zombie-Lori to turn a corner at any moment (with Carl having chickened out of putting her down).

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

I suppose theree is no saying that there may have indeed been other walkers around to help out, but that one just gorged himself.

I loved how in the Talking Dead it was mentioned that there was hair hanging around the Zeds mouth. Re-watching that scene...you can totally see it.

...and Lashie, I'm always there to help. [Wink]

Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Come on, now. There is no way Carl would have chickened out. He's a shoot first and ask questions later kind of kid.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I kind of expected Rick to dig something out of the zombies belly, like Lori's wedding ring or something.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
That's so gross. You should see if you can get a job writing for the show!

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 52 pages: 1  2  3  ...  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.