Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMB Fast Facts! Ask Cobalt... (Page 22)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  28  29  30   
Author Topic: LMB Fast Facts! Ask Cobalt...
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Em, I'm sure by the time you come back from China you won't have missed too much and the Novella will still be going full steam ahead. It looks like this is going to take not only many weeks, but several months, which is totally fine by me. There is still *so much* to do on the quest!

So I wouldn't be worried, you're storylines should be moving along at a solid pace for your return.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
That's good to know. The funnest part for me is creating fictional towns, like Charltonburg and Tezukaville. It's fun to research the place names and figure out geography. I'm also hoping to flesh out Britonopolis more in terms of geography. To me a setting is very important.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie,

What is the deal with people named "Helen"?

I'm starting to read the Dark Oval story and not a page in I've got Lardy's daughter, Helena Taylor; her guardian Helen (I think from the wiki that's got to be Hermaphrodite Helen); Lolita's friend, Helena Handbasket; and Weber's World Ambassador Mirenna Helene. Throw in the fact that Shark Lad was created by Dr. Helena Aurelius and I've got to ask:

Is this some old in-joke (30 Helens Agree maybe?), or is "Helen" just the most popular name in the 31st century?

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Not to mention the fourway Cobie once had with Helen Mirren, Helen Keller, and Helen of Troy!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I suspect Helen is the 31st century equivalent of Mary / Maria in the middle ages!

What's funny is all of those characters were for the most part created by different people at different times, completely separate (except of course Helen Taylor and her mother, whom she's named after).

I guess the most popular male name is...Michael and it's variations? Surely it is now among children, named after Lash!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Ps - I can't wait for the story where I seduce Helen of Troy and our Bronze Age allies invade the 31st century!

(Eryk and Cobie and Sharky are honorary Argonauts).

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
What in general is the tone of LMB stories?

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Dear Cobie,

Am I still in continuity? Or was that all just an imaginary tale?

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Could you talk to me more about what the LMB envisions Earth to be like in a 1000 years? Not just America, but other countries.

--------------------

Exnihil

OK... I've been trying to figure out the relationships of the "Quank Clan" and the below is what I came up with. The question (for anybody that wants to clarify) is... is this right?:

Pre Egyptian roots:

Numbnuts the Semi-Incomprehensible - ancient Pre-Egyptian mage under whom STU was an apprentice; concubine of the goddess Bast
Pagan Lass - Daughter of Bast and Numbnuts; also a Pre-Egyptian mage and Abin's late wife
Stoopid Cat - Pagan Lass's familiar

Abin and his family:

Abin Quank - Legion World janitor and Green Lantern, as mentioned above, widowed.
Space Ranger - Bart (does he have a last name/is it also "Quank"?) Abin's brother
Everyday Girl - Brittney, Abin's adopted grandaughter. Security Officer - armed with 9 mill Berettas

Everyday Girl's background:

- EG was originally the daughter of Faraway Lad - until history was rewritten during the LMB Infinite Crisis

- She then became the daughter of Hrun the Barbarian (himself the son of a time-traveling Matlock) and Princess Diana of Vallhalia (Pagan Lass's daughter from a previous marriage);

-In both scenarios she was placed in the care of Abin and Pagan Lass for protection

My Whee Fem - Everyday Girl's half Korean/half Phillipino former bunkmate at the Legion World Orphanage; Security Office receptionist - deadly with butterfly knives
Sam Pureheart - EG's Boyfriend; Medicus Two EMT
Nobody and Noone - EG's invisible "Cackles" - demonic sprites that help her out

Other characters:

Slim: Bartender with a vendetta against Cobalt Kid; once imprisoned Stoopid Cat and Pagan Lass
Lonestar: Space Ranger's former ranger collegue; now deceased
Gary Concord: Also deceased; but I have no idea what his story was

So... questions:

- Is the above correct?
- Who else is missing?
- What was the deal with Gary Concord?
- Is the real-life Abin a genius... a madman... or both?

[ August 03, 2011, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
(I know some of these answers, but I love to see Cobie spin his wheels... [Big Grin] )

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

In the Dark Opal thread, Everyday Girl (I think this was in response to Emily's pedigree, which I shared with Abin Quank) told Red Arrow about her heritage. I interpreted what was written to mean that she was their biological granddaughter.

--------------------

Exnihil

Thanks, Emily - I totally overlooked the Dark Oval stuff. I edited my above post to reflect the fact that:

- Numbnuts was the concubine of Bast
- Pagan Lass was Numbnuts's daughter
- Everyday Girl's mother's actually was Pagan Lass's daughter

So while she is Pagan Lass's biological grandaughter, she isn't Abin's. I'm not sure how the "Orphanage" fits in. Maybe she was briefly there before Abin and PL took custody of her, and that's how she knows My Whee Fem.

All I know is that the more I read about "My"... the more I want to read. She seems like a totally cool, mostly untapped character.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

You are welcome! I hope we can cooperate on stories together soon. I really want to get some LMB stuff out before the next semester begins.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Emily Sivana:
What in general is the tone of LMB stories?

It varies story to story, sometimes light-hearted, sometimes serious and often a combo of both that's for some reason seems to work well!
quote:
Originally posted by Future:
Dear Cobie,

Am I still in continuity? Or was that all just an imaginary tale?

Certainly! The question is--where have you been, on some secret mission? In the future?!
  This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  28  29  30   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.