Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Future's Legion Micros (12/8: Legion Academy) (Page 24)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30   
Author Topic: Future's Legion Micros (12/8: Legion Academy)
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I find I really like the most classic costumes and the Magic Wars costumes.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Submission 53: LYDDA JATH / Night Girl / Night Woman
 -

First Row: Origin / Silver Age / Flight Belt / Spacesuit / Fan Design / 70s (x2) / Magnoball / Casual 70s / Giffen (x3)
Second Row: Lightle Design / Cosmic Boy Mini / 20th Century (x3) / VS Time Trapper / LaRocque Design (x2) / Smallville / Swimsuit / Retroboot

-

Third Row: Five Years Later (x2) / Winath Reunion (x3) / Ranzz Christening / Zombie Hunter (x2) / Jamm's Influence (x2) / Talus Wear (x3) / End of an Era
Fourth Row: End of an Era (x2) / Postboot / Postboot Homage / Threeboot (x3) / Animated / Superboy's Legion

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
awesome!!! but cant help wondering if she is a descendant of the The Court of the Owls that are happening throughout the Bat books. Hmmm...that would be interesting!
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

I would be interested to learn more about Lydda's heritage or pre-Legion lifestyle. For a girl that begged her father for powers and then initially used them to try and get a specific hero as a boyfriend, it's funny how she doesn't really get a "princess" or "stalker" label. It'd be amusing to me if there was a catty Legion lass who still teased Lydda about being a stalker fangirl despite her tenure now as a heroine.
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Yay, Lydda! [Big Grin]

I like most of her costumes...with the owl, even her bikinis look more like superhero costumes than those things usually do.

I still find her current costume more offensive than any of the string bikinis she's worn before...I think having a full bodysuit with a cleavage cut-out where it's SO IMPORTANT we see some boob that it even has to break up her emblem is more tasteless than trying to incorporate sexiness organically into the overall look if that makes sense...

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Lydda didn't get pegged as a princess or stalker because that was a common female behavior in comics at that time.

Remember, for all her talent and independence, Lois Lane still wanted Superman to marry her more than anything else in the 60s.

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

One thing I find interesting about Lydda's 60s-esque origin is that, unlike Lois Lane, it seems to withstand the test of time/reboots. I actually like having a heroine with that set-up, though I'd love to see more reactions to the development. What did/does her father think of all this? Did any of the other Subs have secret Legion crushes they'd confide to her about, etc?

Her look that had the most variations was definitely the 80s one designed by, I believe, Steve Lightle. It went through a number of accessory, color, and sleeve changes over the decade. I actually could have made more micro variations of the look, but decided that may be excessive.

Future
The Present is Past

Submission 54: STAQ MAVLEN / Fire Lad
 -

First Row: Origin / Silver Age / Flight Belt / Space Suit (x2) / 70s / 80s (x2) / Retroboot
Second Row: SUBS (x6) / Terra Mosaic / Post-Terra Mosaic (x2)
Third Row: New Earth (x2) / UP Military Academy / Legion Animated / Superboy's Legion / Postboot

[ June 09, 2012, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: Future ]

razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I dig Staq's fire mohawk! ^_^

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Fire Lad is one of those uber-rare cases where I like the post-boot uniform better than the classic.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
wooooooow Lydda had a lot of outfits. And they're all awesomely done, of course!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Woah. All those Lyddas are amazing.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Great stuff, Future! As always... wish I had something more insightful to say, but I am always pleased to see you have something new. [Smile]
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Great micros, Future!

The flame looks great and the flame work on the clothes look really clean!

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
First in an occasional series of costumes you missed [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by Future:
Submission 01: ROKK KRINN / Cosmic Boy / Polestar

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj105/livewire1007/Legion/cos.gif

Subterfuge Squad & "Ronda-hates-lilac" blue
 -
 -

quote:
Originally posted by Future:
Submission 02: IMRA ARDEEN / Saturn Girl

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj105/livewire1007/Legion/imra-1.gif

Missed her SP Cadet look, her long-standing ponytailed look and her SP "undercover" look from DCR (also a couple of haircuts - the long, super-straight hair w/fringe Batista gave her right at the end!)
 -  -  -

Oh, and jumping ahead, Thom & Vi's "Workout" looks (you caught Kon's from the SF&O issue!)

-

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.