Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Rockhopper's Rookery: Now With Extra Sparkle (Page 56)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  ...  64  65  66   
Author Topic: Rockhopper's Rookery: Now With Extra Sparkle
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Hours later, Dev slowly opens his eyes.

In a voice that is barely audible above the hustle and bustle at the Rookery says, "need sunlight..." and passes out again.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Red Arrow felt satisfied with Tempest's stability and turned to Dev-Em. She went through the Rookery's files and asked the physician, "Do you know of Ted Knight*?"

"Oh yes, Knight Industries. It's been headed by one of Kalim's sons since the father went evil and conquered that moon," He says.

"I know," Red Arrow slowly admits. "Have you ordered any equipment from there?"

"Yes, but it was the wrong shipment and the warantee expired by the time I got it. I got some sort of rod instead," The doctor pointed to the closet, and went back to looking at the charts. Red Arrow shifted through medical supplies until she found it: A Cosmic Rod. She took out the Cosmic Rod and fiddled with the controls until a blast of solar energy emerged.

"Thank you," She said as she poured the energy onto Dev-Em.

*= Red Arrow's mother is Alison Knight aka Crimson Avenger, a descendent of Starman and the Mist.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<message comes in to Question Kid>

Meet me at the Red Bee's message downtown--you know, the Descent into Maelstrom. I've got an idea.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Dev heard the message for Question Kid come through and sat up.

"Wow. I feel better than ever." He looked over to Red Arrow. "Thanks Kid, whatever you did helped."

He stood up and walked over to where Tempest was still laying. He sighed and turned to leave.

"When Lardy wakes up, tell him that I went to talk with Cobalt Kid."

He picked up his comlink, "Lon, meet us downtown at the message."

He smiled. "We can do this."

His comlink beeped. "Yeah? You did...tell me while I'm in route."

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lolita           Edit/Delete Post     
At last, all of the sick and injured have been moved to Medicus Two, except for Lardy since I suspect he wants to say goodbye to Roy one final time.

Glad I could help see that done. Now to see where else I can help.

*Looks at Rockhopper Lad.*

Thank you, your highness for everything.

*Exits.*

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<Lardy is about to be transported to Medicus Two by orderlies> One moment, please, guys.

<hoverchairs over to Roy's body>

I heard about what you did, Roy. Dying to save all those orphans. I'm so damn proud of you!

I'm sorry I couldn't muster to tell you this last night before you passed. I was overcome by grief. But I believe your spirit is listening now. You were as great an Officer and LMBer as I've ever had the priviege to serve with.

Rest in peace, my friend.

<bows head for a moment>

You...Tim! <Time Teller Lad walks over> Please give this note to Rocky when he returns:

Click Here For A SpoilerIt reads: Rocky, I'm so sorry about what I said the other day. Please, let us talk about everything before long.

<the orderlies take Lardy aboard the ambulance shuttle bound for Medicus Two>

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Time-Teller Lad
It's about time!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Time-Teller Lad   Email Time-Teller Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<Tim takes the note from Lardy>. Of course, Chief. He went to talk to his chaplain to begin planning Roy's memorial. He said they were sparing no expense. I've never been to a Pyngwyny funeral, but Rocky tells me it's quite grand.
From: The Rookery | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<Rocky returns from his consultation with the chaplain.>

Ah, Tim. I need to call Quislet, Esq., He and Roy were involved at one time. What's that?

<Time-Teller Lad hands Rocky the note from Lardy>.

Of course. When he's well.

<Rocky picks up his Omnicom and presses a few buttons>. Hey Quis? It's Rocky...

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<Omnicom message received from Lardy>

Rocky, I'm gonna stop by after I finish a meeting. I hope we can talk.

<end of message>

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<Sends message to Lardy>

Please come by, Lardy. I'm a bit tied up the rest of the afternoon, but I'll get with you this evening.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<arrives>

Ah! Hello, Sffenyskus. I got Rocky's response to my message, so he may not be here, yet. I'll wait...

<looks around and enjoys taking in the place where he's shared great memories while he waits>

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<listens to the Pyngwyny music being piped throughout the Rookery for ambiance>

Cripes! That sounds like the theme song to "Growing Pains"!?!?

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Ah, Lardy, thank you for your patience. I was with the chaplain and the musicians preparing for Sir Roy's memorial service. It will be a beautiful liturgy--in Pyngwyny, of course, but we'll have a translation in the leaflet.

Did you need anything? Perhaps a nice hot cup of tea and some sugar cookies?

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Nah, I'm good. Sffenyskus has been taking good care of me while I wait.

Look, Rocky...I'm glad we have a chance to talk here.

Look, I'm sorry for disrespecting you last week. I've been in a lot of pain in various ways, and I lashed out at you. I know your Pyngwyny traditions and values mean everything to you as Prince of the realm. I...I'm sure it wasn't easy for you to break things off with me when I lost my powers. I know that.

<gathers himself> On my part it's just so incredibly hard for me to comprehend, you know? Everything I do is driven by my passion, by the fire that burns inside me. As you know, I'm often afraid that same passion will just consume me at some point. And it's that passion that would never allow me to do something simply because it was expected to me.

I...I hope that makes some kind of sense to you.

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

<Rocky nods and smiles very slightly>

Of course, it makes sense to me. Because you're you.

We Pyngwyny are often accused of being--well--cold <he crackles some ice around his fingertips, just for fun>. I know you've seen the other side of me. I have feelings, love and passion, too, in my way; but, ultimately, I'm a creature not of fire, but of ice.

I love you, Lar--Anthony. I love you very much, and knowing I was honor-bound to break off our relationship and spare the hurt that it would have caused if I'd delayed it was quite possibly the hardest thing I've ever done. Despite the rough exterior and--and the potential that's not so good--I've seen the pure heart inside you, the part that does the right thing and helps people. That's the Lardy I grew to love. And that's the Lardy I never wanted to hurt.

But I did and you know how sorry I am for that.

It's been a while now and we've both grown in different directions. We can't pick up where we left off, whether you have your powers or not. But I hope very much that you will remain one of my closest and dearest friends.

--------------------

This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  ...  64  65  66   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.