Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Outsiders (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: The Outsiders
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
I honestly don't think this team was ever MEANT to gel.

I think part of the problem is that the cast make-up is odd and I think it's made it hard to capture a true team dynamic.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Thank Hera that awful 2-part fill-in is over, # 28 was back to the GOODIES!

GOOD LORD!

Dick & Kory, lying in bed, n-e-k-k-i-d! That was hot!

I really really enjoyed the Shift/Metamorpho chat.

So Grace is bi! Trendy!!

The Clark/Thibert art was a winner, and the cover artist draws cute pouty lips!

And looks like CAPTAIN MARVEL JUNIOR is back! Hooray!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Some thoughts:

Thank goodness we're back to regular story telling and some progress is being made once more.

Kori & Dick--very hot indeed! I like that Dick isn't coming back anytime soon too.

Captain Marvel Jr.- a great addition and one I was hoping for since like #8. Glad to see Jade stepping up too and being a leader. She was right, she hasn't really shown her stuff, and I hope this is the start of that.

Some good scenes with Grace and Thunder, the latter of which really needs them (and more too I hope). Seeing Lash's 'Trendy!' posts on bi/gay stuff has made me smile all day [Big Grin]

I like seeing Metamorpho around too, and his mentor status with Shift. It's interesting to see Rex in this type of role.

So what's next? I think I want more Kitana. And less Arsenal this issue was a good thing, we needed a breather from Roy.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I felt like I missed an issue, seeing Dick and Kory together. I hope his moroseness is about to end-- it's getting tiresome.

Jade and Cap, Jr. was the highlight for me-- though the Shift/Metamorpho scene was nice, too. How odd would it be to interact with a separate entity that was essentially yourself? Shift's mention of suicide made me think of Element Girl in SANDMAN.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
If Cap Jr. joins full-time, I may have to start picking this title up again.

The Dick/Kory thing kinda bothered me, too. It's good that Winick is showing that they indeed had a real relationship (unlike Bat-editorial, who treat it as a fling), but neither seems to me to be the type to just hook up.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Damnit!!!!

I was going to drop this title and then they go and wave Freddy in front of me! How can I drop it if he becomes a part of the team? [Big Grin]

Question: Jade approaches Junior to replace "one of the most powerful members" which I assume refered to Indigo. So who, if anyone, will she get to replace Nightwing?

Have to admit, the revelation that Jade was attempting to recruit Junior surprised (and thrilled) me. Like Cobie and Lash, I've been hoping to see him become a part of this since his guest appearance in #8 but I truly thought she was talking to Kyle for some reason.

And finally, does anyone think that Donna will eventuallly round out this team or do you think she will fill Kory's spot on the Titans?

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
OUTSIDERS 30

spoiler
space
spoiler
space
spoiler
space
spoiler
space
spoiler
space
spoiler
space
spoiler
space
spoiler
space
spoiler
space

I don't think Sabbac's such a good fit with the Fearsome Five- though each make great adversaries for the team. Is anyone else surprised at how quickly the 'seven deadly sins' plot is developing? I thought that'd be grist for several storylines-- maybe even a miniseries of its own? Still could be, but I tend to think it'll be dealt with here in THE OUTSIDERS fairly quickly.

I enjoyed Sabbac's exploration of his newfound abilities-- some fine panels. What would've happened if it'd been Freddy (love him- hope he's staying around) hitting on Roy instead of Psimon (ick)? Hah!

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Ummmm... am I a perv if I admit that OUTSIDERS # 30 made me horny?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Weren't you a perv anyway?

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Oh, yeah. I forgot!

--------------------

Mystery Lad
Advisor

OUTSIDERS #31 is out...

SPOILER SPACE

SPOILER SPACE

SPOILER SPACE

SPOILER SPACE

SPOILER SPACE

SPOILER SPACE

SPOILER SPACE

... and it features a couple of great moments and one really crappy one.

LOVED the Grace/Arsenal conversation in which she tells Roy that he's a super-hero "through and through". At the moment, I like Grace. I tend to vaciliate about her. *I* wouldn't agree with the assessment of Nightwing she makes while talking to Arsenal, but I can see why *she* would form her opinion.

It was a really nice scene of characterization and dialogue. Turned on its head, of course, by the fact that Grace was manipulating Roy into action while telling him that he wasn't a true 'Outsider'.

The Donna-in-space scenes were strange. Poor Captain Marvel, Junior unceremoniously flies off into outer space, looking green around the gills due to something happening to 'magic'.

Here's where the tight-continuity-bound-to-overarcing-story tends to damage peripheral titles. Marvel was brought onto the team; looking like it was for a stay of more than an issue or two. And then he's hurtled into somebody else's story (I assume- otherwise it's *really* crappy and unforgiveable, as opposed to merely crappy).

Anyway, the appearance of X'hal/Blackfire was surprising. Will this play out in OUTSIDERS, or in INFINITE CRISIS? Both? OMEGA MEN? The weird hop-skip-jump storyline has gone from the RANN/THANAGAR WAR to DONNA TROY's RETURN to Donna's little excursions to a slew of titles. It's a bit--- jumbled.

Didn't care for this artist's takes on Donna or Starfire, but I liked the rest of his work.

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Uh..ohhh!

I REALLY don't like the idea that they brought Freddy into the Outsiders just to have him drafted by Donna for her Suicide Squad. Nothing good can come of this for Freddy.

They better not be planning to use him as cannon fodder for this Crisis or I will be truly p*ssed!

[Mad]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
OUTSIDERS #31 is out...

Anyway, the appearance of X'hal/Blackfire was surprising.

Holy crud! I thought X'hal and Blackfire were two entirely different entities...I recall reading an old issue of NEW TEEN TITANS (25, i think) where X'hal was shown and she had a son (Auron?)
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
oh boy #34 - Nightwing is on the cover....means he's back....but who are the shadows??? two of them I can figure out - Shift and Katana...Grace and Thunder maybe....but no Jade, no Arsenal.....and one member I could not identify. what does that mean? Does that mean Arsenal and Jade bite the dust? or what?

By the by, I am gonna buy a KC Action Figure - JADE!!!!!! she has a bigger window on her chest than Power Girl! *heh*

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
oh boy #34 - By the by, I am gonna buy a KC Action Figure - JADE!!!!!! she has a bigger window on her chest than Power Girl! *heh*

Speaking of Jade, I never found out why her skin was green...were she and her brother Todd/Obsidian mutants?
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.