Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper (Page 31)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  ...  42  43  44   
Author Topic: Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Poor Quislet....I guess it would be too much to hope this is deliberate characterisation, and maybe the hivemind of Teall did something to him before he escaped back to the Legion? Aside from the really jarring bad dialogue, his powers aren't exactly like they were either... :\

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
What's up with the baboon Kokos? Has this Brainiac always had baboon 'sidekicks'? Their inclusion with the bottled cities had me experiencing LSH boot dissonance. I kept thinking of the world the reboot Koko was left on- it was a jungley planet where he was shown becoming a leader of primates. A reality and 1,000 years away- so not remotely likely that reboot Koko's little fiefdom would wind up in one of Brainiac's bottles. I know that- but I still kept thinking of it. It distracted me from the rest of the issue, as a matter of fact.

Before Brainiac 5's Koko, the Silver Age Brainiac had a little pet alien monkey who was also named Koko (I believe)

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by razsolo:
Poor Quislet....I guess it would be too much to hope this is deliberate characterisation, and maybe the hivemind of Teall did something to him before he escaped back to the Legion? Aside from the really jarring bad dialogue, his powers aren't exactly like they were either... :\

If anyone has read The Last Stand of New Krypton #2 you'll see that Sensor Girl/Projectra sounds a bit off in her dialogue as well. She addresses Superman as "Supes" at one point. This is far too casual sounding from someone of her past royal stature.

--------------------
The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
LSoNK #2 was better than the last few installments. Legion wise, and moving the story along wise.

Major plusses for me:

Braniac 5 is here, although...why not bring some power houses with him? Looking forward to the Brainy/Kara thing. Whould be uncomofrtably fun.

Jeckie loosing her mask/tiara combo. Saying that she was only wearing it because it felt appropriate...wonder if all the negative feedback on the net had any play in that?

It's getting closer to being done, and then we get our Legion back 2 (3 times for 2 months with the B&tB issues) monthly.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
What's up with the 2 whole pages of them walking through that hallway in Braniac's ship??
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't read it yet, but I would guess part of stretching the story for the trade.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
The story itself is dragging on a bit for my tastes ... get in Brainiac's ship and get those damned bottled cities out of there already!!

I wish they would speed things up a bit. It's one thing for DC to gain sales by doing a cross-over series between different books but let's not BORE the readers in the process.

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
I read the first five installments of LSoNW yesterday, and I have to say that the story grows on me. At the beginning, I thought that the story was - at best - average and started to get worried for this new/old Legion cause I did not think they were portrayed in a way that people would get more interested in the Legion. The way that they let themselves get captured by the Kryptonians so easily in spite of powerful members like Element Lad and Starman was disappointing to me. The artwork was also just average, not bad, but not special either.

The last issue of Adventure and #2 of the mini started to show the Legion in a better light. Tellus, Quislet and Brainy had a chance to show their powers, and Sensor Girls new costume looks much better with her mask of (that's just my Jeckie from childhood days - regal but sexy [Smile] ). The story itself has a very strong feeling of "been there, done that" - rift in time and so on, yaaaaaawn - but I realized that I still started to get a little antsy about the outcome of the story. Meaning: I care for those characters, no matter how cheesy the storys premises are. A good sign.

So after a weak start with the Legion nothing more than extras, I think this should turn out to be a decent, though not very original, story. Hope that the ending lets the Legion look good so some people except for the fans feel like picking up LSH #1 soon.

Will Mon-El meet his 21st century doom at the end of the story? Somehow, he has to get to the 31st, we have seen him already during L3W...

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chemical King:
[QB]Will Mon-El meet his 21st century doom at the end of the story?QB]

Judging by the cover of Adventure Comics #11 I would say yes
From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
So now I'm done with the escond half of the storyline - which leaves me with some desperate questions...

1) What exactly was the reason the timeline came unraveled? I mean, we know Brainiac was not supposed to kill Supes, but somehow did... but... why? What was the trigger that made Brainiac capable of killing Supes?

2) Same question goes for the "seeding" of the bottled cities - what was the trigger that Brainiac had to be attacked by a group of time-displaced Legionnaires to set things right?

I'm confused. The storyline was certainly solid at best, though I have to confess I loved every minute featuring the Legion...

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
So, according to the latest Booster Gold, the Great Darkness is still in continuity. Supposedly. Says it Happened in 3082.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Did anyone pick up Action Comics? Mordru is in the Captain Atom feature. I didn't really have a chance to read what was going on, but Mordru states that if Captain Atom ever finds himself back on Sorcerer's world, he'd have a friend in Mordru. I wonder what seeds are being laid here??
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
So, according to the latest Booster Gold, the Great Darkness is still in continuity. Supposedly. Says it Happened in 3082.

I saw that SK. loved the vison of what it was like to be on the surface of Daxam as they started to transform it into Darksied's Face.

Also loved the apperance of the Emerald Empress in there as well. A real nasty piece of work who dosnt really need the Eye to cause some horrible mayhem. [Shudder]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but Giffen's first Booster Gold issue actually takes place on Daxam during the Great Darkness Saga when the Daxamites are shaping it in Darkseid's image.

And it also features the Emerald Empress, who is incredibly viscious here!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
As well as featuring the Super-Pets, Tiny Titans #28 has a li'l Brainiac 5 cameo.
At one point, Superboy asks him if there are more super heroes in the future, to which Brainy replies,"Yes! There's a whole LEGION of us!"
Perhaps we'll see other members of the Li'l Legion appearing soon!!

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  ...  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.