Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper (Page 16)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  42  43  44   
Author Topic: Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, but I thought it was "Earths".
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I think it's a backwards "2"

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

You may be right.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I originally thought it was "Earths" too. but looking again, I would say it is a 2

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
It's written upside down in order to confuse your eyes into seeing an "S" I think. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
If it is a "2," then more evidence the LS Legion is from the new Earth 2's future. That would be consistent with Starman referring to Superman as "Kal-L." We also know from 52 #52 that the Kryptonians are missing from Earth 2. Is that because their Superman is dead, per Infinite Crisis, and Power Girl is on New Earth? Or is the LS Legion involved? What if the LS Legion had contacts with all the multiversal Supermans? Maybe they had sort of a revolving door of Clark Kents popping in and out. "Quick, get rid of Clark from New Earth! Earth-2 Clark just arrived for a visit!"

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I hope they're from new Earth-2, if only because it makes it even more likely that there's a new Earth-1 out there with a Legion even closer to the original!
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by doublechinner:
If it is a "2," then more evidence the LS Legion is from the new Earth 2's future. That would be consistent with Starman referring to Superman as "Kal-L." We also know from 52 #52 that the Kryptonians are missing from Earth 2. Is that because their Superman is dead, per Infinite Crisis, and Power Girl is on New Earth? Or is the LS Legion involved? What if the LS Legion had contacts with all the multiversal Supermans? Maybe they had sort of a revolving door of Clark Kents popping in and out. "Quick, get rid of Clark from New Earth! Earth-2 Clark just arrived for a visit!"

That could make sense because from the modern DCU's point of view there have been a revolving door of Legions visit them.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
It's written upside down in order to confuse your eyes into seeing an "S" I think. [Big Grin]

It's Earth 2.

Click for fullsize image

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Uploaded the missing 7th page.

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Hunt Drouin:
1) I'm sooo excited that XS is mentioned! That means this Thom (and presumably Nura, Jeckie, Dawnstar, et al) know her! Bring back XS
:-)

I bounced when I saw that line too! I thought Xs and her Legion (of Earth-247 no more it seems?) were gone forever, but this gave me some small hope. And I'd love to see Gates too! What kind of a dismal Legion has no time for a cynical and depressed bug-Legionnaire?

Would pay also to see that Thom-Thom-Thom tea-party, especially if Reboot Thom's there! [Star Boy]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lobo Gris
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lobo Gris   Email Lobo Gris         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes! Bring back Gates! And pre DnA Zoe! And Jazmin and Jenni!
From: Argentina | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
It was said that none of the Lightning Saga Legionnaires (with the notable exception of schizoid Starman) remembers much about "The Legion of Three Worlds" episode, which must have occurred *before the first Crisis* or else Clark would have no knowledge of it at all. It doesn't make a lick of sense, therefore, that the years younger 2boot and 3boot Legions were involved in a long ago, forgotten team-up (the 3boot Legion is only 2-3 years after formation and didn't even exist until Infinite Crisis!). A more likely scenario is that Starman came into contact with XS and the two other Thoms when he was bouncing around the Multiverse on his most recent trip to the 21st century, and is the only LS Legionnaire to recall meeting parallel earth doppelgangers.

If some semblance of the post-ZH Legion does exist on a parallel Earth, I wonder if Element Lad is back with all his marbles?

This is the second time Starman has mentioned making black holes, and I'm beginning to sense a strong fatalistic vibe around him. If Thom, not Val, is the Legionnaire marked for death in Countdown, it's just as well, since Geoff Johns obviously prefers this maudlin and damaged caricature to the original personality. Let LS Thom die with some dignity before he begins soiling his pants in public. The sloppy joe scene is just, ugh, gross. I am not amused.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
It was said that none of the Lightning Saga Legionnaires (with the notable exception of schizoid Starman) remembers much about "The Legion of Three Worlds" episode, which must have occurred *before the first Crisis* or else Clark would have no knowledge of it at all. It doesn't make a lick of sense, therefore, that the years younger 2boot and 3boot Legions were involved in a long ago, forgotten team-up (the 3boot Legion is only 2-3 years after formation and didn't even exist until Infinite Crisis!).
I wouldn't say that. I understand what you mean, but:

- it's easy to fudge the time element. What's the harm in having all three Legions run parallel to each other?
- the threeboot Legion's existence precedes their issue #1 by a significant amount of time. I don't recall if it was a couple of years or six months or what, but it's enough time for a lot of interesting stuff to happen.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I don't think the time element's going to be that big a deal, since the timeline of the Lightning Saga Legion seems significantly different than that of the "original" Legion.

I'd be more worried about what sort of Starboy-esque changes the creators are going to inflict upon the postboot Legionnaires.

This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.