Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper (Page 14)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  42  43  44   
Author Topic: Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
It wouldn't be so bad if he at least looked really cool, but that's just... ugh.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Which is par for a lot of DC art lately. Well the hell are all the good artists?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I admit I am not digging Kubert in Action.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Devem was never a major player to me, so I guess I'm not feeling the pain. The other characters looks good (to me).

Looks like they're filling in a few details from the old time and time again?

A Star"man" partly knows about pre-crisis? Somehow two Starboys got merged and he seems nuts?

I suppose it'd all be clearer if I actually bought the darn things, but that's a lot of money just to see a few panels. The story seems interesting to me.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Dev-Em's gotten so screwed up over the years I don't expect we'll ever see the version we're familiar with again. Makes me wonder why they bother using the name at all.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Copyright.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

So all indication is the that the Mon-El that's appearing in this issue is the Mon-El from Supergirl and the Legion, right?

Anyone want to venture a guess as to how it is that the Lightning Saga Legion also has a Mon-El?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
See, I liked Dev-Em. My favorite storyline with him is the one where Dark Circle kidnapped him and he has Kryptonite poisoning, that was my first exposure to him and I thought it was cool that there was a security agency (can't remember what's it called) and that Dev-Em worked with them over the Legion. I dunno, it just seemed unique. T

hen I learn later (through Showcase Presents) that he was a complete meanie to Superboy but then comes to the 30th century and finds his own way, I just thought it made him very interesting.

Now I learn that that Dev-Em disappeared YEARS ago and the other versions all seem to be psychos. to me a juvenile deliquent with super powers who does spy stuff is SO much cooler than super powered psycho, we have tons of those. Oh well, it's not like I ever thought I would see him again aside from back issues.

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone else find it odd that Supes didn't know who Mon-el was at first. Even though he has a statue of Mon in his Fortress of Solitude.

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by googoomuck:
Anyone else find it odd that Supes didn't know who Mon-el was at first. Even though he has a statue of Mon in his Fortress of Solitude.

I agree. When it comes to the Legion his memory is spotty it seems. Yet he has the PC Legion statues. Wierd.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
quote:

I agree. When it comes to the Legion his memory is spotty it seems. Yet he has the PC Legion statues. Wierd.
There is some pre-crisis precedent for this, in Adv 300 when Mon is temporarly released from the PZ, Superboy is excited that Mon-el might be cured. When he should be distraught that he's been in there for over 1000 years.

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by stephbarton:
See, I liked Dev-Em. ... it was cool that there was a security agency (can't remember what's it called) and that Dev-Em worked with them over the Legion. I dunno, it just seemed unique.

This aspect of Dev-em I really liked too. It fit in well with the political intrigue and helped keep the book from being a "who do we pound this month" comic.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
quote:

There is some pre-crisis precedent for this, in Adv 300 when Mon is temporarly released from the PZ, Superboy is excited that Mon-el might be cured. When he should be distraught that he's been in there for over 1000 years.
See, I always thought Superboy was a real jerk for not offering to fly the cure BACK 1000 years. Instead he makes Mon-El stay in horrible confinement for a millennium. Seriously, Earth's Greatest Hero? Most like WORST FRIEND EVER!

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

I have to agree. Why is Superboy going to let present Mon-El suffer for a thousand years. Jerk.
Eryk Davis Ester

Because he's already there in the 30th century, and he can't change history.

I bet he tried take the serum back a few times, and it always got broken in the time stream and stuff.

This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.