Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper (Page 12)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  42  43  44   
Author Topic: Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Looks like we might be seeing Validus in "JLA" soon...

Injustice League

[ June 17, 2007, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Looks like one more reason for me to hate when they bring Legion characters to the regular series. The writers seem to feel a need to add something to the characters that the Legion writers didn't.

Either the crappiest Validus yet or worse, they are insinuating some ancestor. Blah.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, if 80s LSH continuity is back, there's no telling how far into the past Darkseid sent him. He could have lived as Validus for c. 1,015 years before being born!

[ June 18, 2007, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: Kent Shakespeare ]

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I have to give a firm "ick" as far as the inclusion of Validus in this.

You know they're just going to treat him as a generic "big mindless strong guy".

Validus on Earth in the twentieth century should be a bigger threat than Doomsday.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
Well, if 80s LSH continuity is back, there's no telling how far into the past Darkseid sent him. He could have lived as Validus for c. 1,015 years before being born!

tis a good point but his inclusion here makes him a pretty well known commodity. Would a 1000 year old (or older) Validus stick in the craw of established biography much?
Originally he was what, stomping around some little backwater with no known origin, which was later amended to being a creation of Darkseid. Even though we hadn't seen him before his first appearance I think Shooter established the Validus was a pretty well known character, everyone feared him. So he could have been around a thousand years just beginning his second millenium. Everyone knows about those terrible twos.

In the second boot, I believe he was actually created by some planet to be some weapon or some such? Can't remember exactly, but I hated it.

I'll take the unique bastard creation of a God version (no history, no planet full of them, no other dimensional versions of him....) and second EDE's ick.

For me, Validus is (was) a very nearly perfect creation by both writer and artist. No dripping saliva, bloody scabby scars and other schtick generally used by artists to try and create a nightmare. Validus is so simply drawn and his personality so simply defined, he's one of the best tragic characters in comics. Doesn't need nor want refining. Adding boots, costuming, history (eye's lol, who was it that drew eyes on him?)... ick, ick, ick.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image
Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image
Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
Brave and the Bold #5 must take place after the Lighning Saga, right? He'll be meeting different versions of Karate Kid, Star Boy, Jeckie & Brin.

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, it looks like it takes place after the Dominators War; no Cosmic Boy.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice job with Kitson's designs.
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Was the Time Trapper in the latest The Brave & the Bold?
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
Was the Time Trapper in the latest The Brave & the Bold?

That was Destiny (of the Endless).

It was his book that was stolen and being used throughout the story. Also, did everyone else realize that it's the Challengers of the Unknown whom Destiny was trying to get the book to, to fix?

[ June 21, 2007, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh yeah the Endless guy. I remember him. And good call with the Challengers. I knew one of you guys would figure it out with that old school cover.

I wonder if they people who are going to "fix" things are the Challangers of the Beyond (Donna, Kyle, and Jason?) ok sorry that is for another thread.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
From the Meltzer/Johns interview at Newsarama:

quote:
NRAMA: What was Karate Kid saying in Japanese as he braced himself for the lightning?

BM: Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is.

Just in case anyone was wondering.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Just a bigger version of the BatB spread.

Click for fullsize image

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.