Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  42  43  44   
Author Topic: Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Quislet:
52 had also featured the Eye of Ekron a few weeks back.

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Quislet:
52 had also featured the Eye of Ekron a few weeks back.

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
From Brad Meltzer's Blog the promised cover of JLA 8.

Click Here For A Spoiler  -

[ April 11, 2007, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: Tamper Lad ]

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Thanks Peter!
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
that is not the WaK karate kid?!
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I hope he's written like the preboot Karate Kid, rather than newer versions!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

According to Tony Bedard:

quote:

The JSA/JLA stuff won't impact on my LEGION issues, but it will echo elsewhere in a very high-profile way. (sorry to be so vague, but I'm never sure what cards DC wants to keep close to their vest)

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I hope he's written like the preboot Karate Kid, rather than newer versions!

yeah no mr. miyagi yoga instructor!
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Notice Dawny in the background, probably to the next JSA cover...
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
From Brad Meltzer's Blog the promised cover of JLA 8.

Click Here For A Spoiler  -

Now thats funny. When i click on the spoiler box all i get is a blank. yet if i cut and paste the IMg tag into a new window i can see the cover [Confused]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
And now having seen the cover, apart from the obvious story attraction of seeing Val like that I have to say I am not impressed with the artist. Is that this Michael Turner I have heard so many people rave about?

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
It is a very ugly picture of Val. It looks like he was trying to put a slight Asian feel to it, but just ended up making him look deformed.

Turner is actually a good artist, with his own creations. His versions of other people's characters aren't always so hot, and everyone seems to end up with the same very, very square jaws.

Ironically, this picture of Val is one of the few attempts I've seen where he's tried to get away from the square jaw, and given how awful it looks, perhaps he should have stuck to what he's good at...

Slow loading (the site's in France, I think), but here's some samples of his stuff.

http://the.bastet.free.fr/VO/witchblademain.htm

[ April 11, 2007, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: Set ]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

I think the neck is too skinny which is why Val looks sick.
Eryk Davis Ester

Hmm... while I don't usually like Turner's stuff, this didn't actually strike me as bad as usual.
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I like his version of Mister Terrific.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.