Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  42  43  44   
Author Topic: Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Close enough to count as a Legion appearance, given the context of the book...

From Welcome to Tranquility #3 - 2 months old but which I just got today. I believe these kids are a version of Sun Boy (mish-mashed with Element Lad's soul patch), Dawnstar (feather, dark skin), Ultra Boy (bare chest). The red haired girl - ?? and the girl in purple makes me think of Violet, because of the colour, or even a female Lyle (Leila?) because of the jacket.

-

Maybe the WaK Legion connects to the Wildstorm universe and the pre-boot Legion to the DCU.

[ April 08, 2007, 04:58 AM: Message edited by: Fat Cramer ]

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
The blond guy does look very Legion-y, but that's Gen 13. .

[ April 07, 2007, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: Thriftshop Debutante ]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Maybe the WaK Legion connects to the Wildstorm universe and the pre-boot Legion to the DCU.
That's an intriguing idea, Fat Cramer! I like it!

Not sure if this is "DCU Proper" but completists may like to know about it.
Mordru appears in the following DC Novel.

DC Universe: Trail of Time
Hachette Book Group, March 2007 (343 pages, $6.99)
ISBN: 0-446-61659-1

Living in a dark world of terror alerts and censored media, Clark Kent has no memory of being anything other than human-until the Phantom Stranger appears to tell him that he is really Superman, and that all of Earth has fallen prey to malevolent magic. For 1,500 years, three evil sorcerers have been casting a spell to warp reality, pervert the flow of Time, and render superheroes helpless. Now the heroes, helped by four legends of the Old West, must launch desperate manhunts through history's worst massacres. For these wizards are fueling their power with human blood-even as they wait to destroy Superman in temporal death traps...

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Imagine how cool the JLA storyline would have been if they used the Revenger rather than Trident. Sigh. They never see the obvious choices.

I don't get it. Who's Revenger?
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Ravager?
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:
The blond guy does look very Legion-y, but that's Gen 13. .

Oh pooh! I should get out more!

(and maybe that image/post should be deleted?)

[ April 07, 2007, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: Fat Cramer ]

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
But I wonder, does this whole thing make JLA #1-6 necessary for Legion AR collectors?

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Quislet:
It also had the 21st century Persuader and his axe appear briefly.

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
(and maybe that image/post should be deleted?)

Please don't. I like it.

[ April 08, 2007, 01:01 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Imagine how cool the JLA storyline would have been if they used the Revenger rather than Trident. Sigh. They never see the obvious choices.

I don't get it. Who's Revenger?
Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

If I was going to use some two-bit villain for a JLA storyline that I'd later use to play "Karate Kid" in my JLA/JSA cross-over, then I'd pick someone from Val's series in the 70's.

Looking over the list of possibilities...

Nemesis Kid - KARATE KID #1
Major Disaster - KARATE KID #2 & 11 & 13
The Revenger - KARATE KID #3
Master Hand - KARATE KID #4
Commander Blud - KARATE KID #5 & 6
Gyro-Master - KARATE KID #7
Pulsar - KARATE KID #8 & 9
Black Dragon II - KARATE KID #10
Lord of Time - KARATE KID #12 & 13 & 15
Diamondeth - KARATE KID #14

I'd pick the Revenger, certainly over Triton. Where's the symmetry?

[ April 08, 2007, 02:18 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the info on Revenger! Maybe choosing someone from KK's own series either might've tipped their hat too soon or it might've called into question whether or not those stories are in continuity. Either way, it'll be interesting to see how Val ended up here.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
Maybe choosing someone from KK's own series either might've tipped their hat too soon or it might've called into question whether or not those stories are in continuity.

I did think about whether anyone would suspect Val, but the twist came out of left field that I'd be impressed if anyone bothered to suggest it. It might also have helped if they used other ultra-obscure 70's villains that have never appeared since. I may even try to come up with "my" substitutes for Plastique and Electrocutioner, but chalk it all up to a missed opportunity.

And DC's continuity is so whacked, I'd doubt that the Revenger would have thrown much of a wrench into it.

[ April 08, 2007, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
Been a lot of appearances of Legion-related beings in both Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps over the past few months. For example, Hal's been chased by bounty hunters for a few months now, and a trio of them were Dominators.

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
Also, the current Outsiders arc has had some Dominators appearances (particularly in issue #44)

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Kid Quislet:
52 had also featured the Eye of Ekron a few weeks back.

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.