Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  42  43  44   
Author Topic: Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
wndola1
Ex-Female Fury

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wndola1   Author's Homepage   Email wndola1         Edit/Delete Post     
No I don't think so... but we will see what happens in Action 850 and WWIII

I think this will be like the difference between supergirl and powergirl. Not a replacement, but a different flavor. But we will have to see.

I'm also going to say that while the stuff right after the crisis on infinite earths was great the amount of time spent trying to make everything make sense really messed things up a bit. I'm hoping the High collared Karate Kid costume and the statues in the action annual are a sign we are getting the uncorrupted legion. My only real question then would be... do they remember supergirl?

--------------------
http://twitter.com/wndola
http://www.diversionarium.com
http://wndola.livejournal.com

From: New England | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Quislet:
I believe DC has just given up on any strict continuity of stories and characters over a long period of time. While they are indeed reviving elements from stories past (Silver Age gems), they are focused on making quality stories for the here and now, and reviving characters from the dead, contradicting relationships and general histories are secondary to this end (too much work for the editors and writers to keep straight).

Apparently, we readers respond best to the "quick-hitter" stories. It doesn't matter whether five or ten years ago Jeckie was dating T-Wolf or Karate Kid, or whether Karate Kid died or not, or if Jeckie was born a human or snake, or if she became Sensor Girl or not, etc. The writers have license to pick up wherever they deem necessary to sell a comic.

This can make for some good story telling for readers who take it day by day, but could be irritating/confusing for consistency buffs.

If they would say that that's what they were doing, I'd be okay with it. As long as they're letting us believe that there's a larger frame of continuity, though, it's hard not to try to make everything fit into that.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know if this has been mentioned:

Green Lantern 15: the Faceless Hunters from Saturn have "combined mind-powers stolen from the moon of Titan"

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Notice Dawny in the background, probably to the next JSA cover...

I dunno...I think it's Hawkman's wing, but...it's obvious we're missing a third person in JLA #9's cover.

-  -

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Shrinking Violet would hang in good with that group (a la Atom). Maybe she is on the cover, smallish.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, I just took a quick read through JLA #8.

Click Here For A SpoilerThere are seven Legionnaires scattered around the 21st century; Starman and Karate Kid and five others. Of the five others, one's obviously Dream Girl in Arkham, and one's gotta be Dawnstar on Thanagar.

Batman and Black Lightning have to subdue Karate Kid, who still thinks he's Trident, on and off. Because there's a JLA/JSA reunion going on they're able to compare notes with Mr. Terrific, who hooks them up with Starman. Starman restores Val's memory completely by saying 'Lightning Lad' to him in Interlac. 'Lightning Lad', again in Interlac, is the title of the issue, so there must be something up with that.

Then they use Val's flight ring to trace what other flight rings are around, to find the other Legionnaires Val and Thom say are there. Here's the intriguing part: In addition to these seven flight rings, Superman has two of his own, there's also Booster Gold's one, Supergirl has one, and Vril Dox has one.

No word on why the Legionnaires are there, or why they're exactly where they are.

At the end of the issue the JLA and JSA split into five teams to go look for the other Legionnaires.

Oh, and I also got Brave and Bold #3, with Batman and Blue Beetle against the Fatal Five. Much less interesting: Click Here For A SpoilerBasically, the Time Lord wants the supersonic framistat that Batman and Blue Beetle are trying to get, so he summons the Five from the future to be his muscle. If there's more to it than that, I missed it.

[ April 18, 2007, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: Matthew E ]

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Took another pass through JLA #8, and have more details:

Click Here For A SpoilerA couple of guys show up in a hospital in 1948 to take a dying Dolores Winter (aka the Ultra-Humanite) to the future. No idea who they are. I get a Brainy vibe off one of them but realistically I think they're villains.

The Fortress of Solitude computer has Karate Kid listed as a level-15 fighter, and Batman's only level 12.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Here's the link in Gym'll's discussing this topic too:
JLA/JSA/LSH Crossove

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
From Dan Didio at Newsarama, about Countdown.

Click Here For A Spoiler“Oh, and the storyline that spins from the JLA/JSA crossover, which features members of the Legion of Super-Heroes touches on Countdown as well, and what you’ll find out is that Karate Kid was left in the past – in our time, hopefully to unravel what’s going on the DC Universe. He’s left behind for a purpose. It wasn’t his choice. He was left."

From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll give it a day or two before I post scans.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Igee The Mighty
Legion Lover

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Igee The Mighty   Author's Homepage   Email Igee The Mighty         Edit/Delete Post     
Better check out Brave & the Bold #5

http://dccomics.com/comics/?cm=7636

space for spoilerish info

Between the Levitz LSH'ers appearing in the JLA?JSA/LSH crossover and now the WaK LSH'ers in B&B, Didio's comments about KK in a recent 'Rama article, it appears there's a strong LSH push coming our way.

--------------------
Igee The Mighty!

From: Manila, The Philippines | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Between the Levitz LSH'ers appearing in the JLA?JSA/LSH crossover and now the WaK LSH'ers in B&B, Didio's comments about KK in a recent 'Rama article, it appears there's a strong LSH push coming our way.
I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that 10 months from now are the April 2008 issues, the month when the Legion hits its 50th anniversary?
Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
Okay, I just took a quick read through JLA #8.

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Matthew E:
[qb]Okay, I just took a quick read through JLA #8.

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

quote:
Oh, and I also got Brave and Bold #3, with Batman and Blue Beetle against the Fatal Five.

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:
Oh, and I also got Brave and Bold #3, with Batman and Blue Beetle against the Fatal Five.

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.