Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper (Page 34)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  42  43  44   
Author Topic: Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for posting superboymddjr!

I just can't say enough about how much I love Perez's work ... that beautiful cover(s) should be made into a poster one day.

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Plus - is that Dr Regulus' feet getting punched out by Power Girl. Or is it Neutrax Neutron or someone.

Great cover!!! George Perez is such a master. He throws in so much good stuff to please the eye. My favourite element on this cover is Vigilante getting punched out of that window by Mammoth(? I think... or could it be Solomon Grundy?). Such a small touch but a great one.

I was hoping to see Colossal Boy on here to make up for his miscolored appearance last issue (and because he always looks good in a crowd scene) but oh well.

Still a great cover. And a great book too.

[ September 30, 2010, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: Blacula ]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
ok boys and girls Pick up the latest Time Masters 3. Brainiac 5 appearance(first 2 pages) ...and it's a siginficant appearance. Seems a lot of things have changed since Brainy and Booster have met.

[ September 30, 2010, 07:22 AM: Message edited by: Superboy-Supergirl ]

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
Plus - is that Dr Regulus' feet getting punched out by Power Girl. Or is it Neutrax or someone.

Great cover!!! George Perez is such a master. He throws in so much good stuff to please the eye. My favourite element on this cover is Vigilante getting punched out of that window by Mammoth(? I think... or could it be Solomon Grundy?). Such a small touch but a great one.

I was hoping to see Colossal Boy on here to make up for his miscolored appearance last issue (and because he always looks good in a crowd scene) but oh well.

Still a great cover. And a great book too.

thought it was Goldface's leg. sigh. oh boy. I ll take Dr. Regulus's! LOL [Smile]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
^ The legs seem to have some sort of fiery energy around them that I don't think Goldface ever had. Not to mention they're high in the air indicating a flier, which Goldface can't do (I don't think). It's either Neutron or Dr Regulus I'm sure.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Superboy-Supergirl:
ok boys and girls Pick up the latest Time Masters 3. Brainiac 5 appearance(first 2 pages) ...and it's a siginficant appearance. Seems a lot of things have changed since Brainy and Booster have met.

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for posting the pages Nighty!
I honestly don't know anything about this mini series ... Time Masters is it? It's the search for Bruce Wayne or something?
I wonder what relevence it has with the Legion, or was this Brainy appearance just him lending a helping hand to Booster?
Is it possible the Legion will play a role in the rest of the story ... hmmmmm, maybe I should pick up a copy.

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Future King,

Technically it is the search for Bruce Wayne. But I think it is more of a Rip Hunter story. I am not sure if there will be any more Legin appearances. The story so-far seems good and solid.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king

Thanks for the tip Quislet,Esq.
I think I'll go buy all three copies after work today. It sounds like it might be well worth it.

Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
i say its a ...how Rip Hunter was taught everything he knows of Time Travel by his dad (Booster Gold) who in turn was taught by his Son...paradox city!!!

with the search for bruce wayne being the excuse for the mini series...

By the way looks like Brainy is on Booster's Secret heroism...so that makes 3 people who know Booster's not the fool he appears to the main Dc universe.

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll second Quis on Vanishing Point: It's been solid so far.

That might be the friendliest Brainy I've seen a while; I mean, he was practically neutral to them.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
I missed Superman/Batman #75. Is the Legion appearance worth me picking up a copy?

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king

For me Superman/Batman #75 was a bit of a throw-away Legion appearance as they really didn't do too much to drive the story. I won't spoil it for you though.
I'm a completist collector so I had to get it.

It's nice to see the Legion get exposure across different DC books, so that was a bonus. And, I have to admit, they did look good ... especially Violet.

Para-Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Para-Dox   Author's Homepage   Email Para-Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
It makes sense that Rip would learn about Time and the Multiverse from Brainy which is what I think the second to last box on the second page suggests. To think it was Booster you have to believe Booster will be as good as Rip one day. I don't buy that.

[ October 11, 2010, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: Para-Dox ]

--------------------
'You don't need a victory to prove to me you're tops' - Supergirl to Brainiac 5 (Adventure Comics 375)

benevolentbrainiac.webs.com

From: England | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I have to disagree Para-Dox. I think Booster is learning about the workings of Time Travel enough to pass on that knowledge to his son aka Rip. Booster does not need to be as good as RIp in order to start teaching him about time travel. And Rip could always build upon whatever knowledge Booster gives him, thus exceeding his father's knowledge. Rip definitely has a more serious demeanor than Booster. But that doesn't mean that Booster is unintelligent or unable to impart knowledge. I would say that Rip's knowledge of time travel will still be greater than Booster's. Even Einstein had teachers whom he later surpassed in knowledge.

Plus I don't see Brainiac 5 actually giving much thought to time travel. It was Rond Vidar who created the Legion's Time Cube, later Time Bubble. And I don't see Brainiac 5 taking the time to teach anybody about anything really. (Silver Age Brainy maybe, but not current Brainiac 5)

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.