Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper (Page 32)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  42  43  44   
Author Topic: Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, at least the Legion exists in the "Fringe" world as Gim is visible on the cover of their version of COIE #7...

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey I just heard that the Legion will be making an appearence in the Brightest Day biweekly series in an upcoming issue. If its true I wonder how/why DC would do this? They weren't really involved in the whole Blackest Night crossover series ... and the heroes that came back from the dead aren't related to any 31st century character including the Legionnaires that I'm aware of ... so what gives!?
Could this be yet another marketing ploy to get readers to sample the Legion book (if they haven't done so already).
I'm not complaining mind you. Any extra exposure or "free press" to build a stronger base for the new book is a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

Can anyone post any new info to confirm this if they read it somewhere? I am off to check the DC boards once again, just to make sure.

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
I just picked up issue #34 of The Brave and The Bold which teams the founders with the Doom Patrol. It was cool seeing Garth, Rokk, and Imra in their original uniforms, working hand in hand with the Patrol and working together to battle a cosmic emegency.

The biggest surprise is that during the coarse of the story the Legion finds .... what can only be described as ... a pink TRIBBLE???
What a nice little surprise this was for someone like me who's enjoyed Star Trek in its many forms over the years.

... I wonder what it means tho'!

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
That Brave and the Bold issue was absurd. I know that it was pseudo-Silver-Age and that we have to tolerate a certain amount of bad science, but this was... worse than most.

• If I were going to stop a black hole the last group I'd contact is the Doom Patrol. The Legion has, oh, a member that makes things light and another one that makes things heavy? You know, to affect gravity?
  • A black hole with the mass of the sun is 30 kilometers across. One the size of the moon would be much more massive than the sun and would have torn the Earth apart in an instant.
  • At any rate, astronomers today would be able to detect such a black hole very far in advance. Currently we can detect the effect of Jupiter's gravity on the other planets and Jupiter is a lot farther away and a lot lighter. There would be years of warning.
  • A primordial black hole is the same as any other black hole. The only difference is that since they weren't formed by collapsing stars, they can exist in sizes smaller than normal.
  • A black hole that evaporates by Hawking radiation does so because it's entirely been converted to energy. If a black hole were somehow made to evaporate in this manner it would release hundreds of times the total lifetime energy output of the sun. The Earth would have been fried, along with all Legionnaires.
  • If you're going back in time and changing history anyway, the correct solution is to go back a week, find the black hole, and throw a planet at it to push it away (black holes have momentum). Of course this depends on you having planetary-level superpowers, but really, the "solution" that they actually used does too.
  • It was out of character for the Legionnaires to be giving that much exposition. They're teenagers, not scientists.

Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
LOL! Ken, you are just too much! Don't ever change!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

quote:
Originally posted by future king:
I just picked up issue #34 of The Brave and The Bold which teams the founders with the Doom Patrol. It was cool seeing Garth, Rokk, and Imra in their original uniforms, working hand in hand with the Patrol and working together to battle a cosmic emegency.

The biggest surprise is that during the coarse of the story the Legion finds .... what can only be described as ... a pink TRIBBLE???
What a nice little surprise this was for someone like me who's enjoyed Star Trek in its many forms over the years.

... I wonder what it means tho'!

Betchya it ends up being a piece of Dumb Bunny's costume...

--------------------

Korbal
The Lightning World

quote:
Originally posted by Korbal:
Well, at least the Legion exists in the "Fringe" world as Gim is visible on the cover of their version of COIE #7...

Here's a Newsarama link for the cover...

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album_view.php?gid=2038&page=4

--------------------

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
The bad science in "Brave & the Bold" didn't bother me in and of itself, but it dominated the book, leaving little else. In case someone hasn't read the solits for the next issue, I won't spoil it, but there was so much stuff done just to set up the next issue that even if it comes as a surprise in the next ish, the solits spoiled the concept for me and it still didn't really make *this* issue any more compelling.

This was an exercise in storytelling with very very little else and it wasn't even a storytelling gimmick that's particularly original or interesting to read in this case.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I quite liked this B&B issue.
OK so the concept of a Black hole getting that close to the earth and no one noticing was a bit off, the writer could have just come up with some techno babble for a destructive force and that would have worked just as well.

Best bit in the whole issue for me was those three panels when cliff is looking at Imra’s bum, and without moving she reminds him she can read minds.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Ouch!
Poor Lar and Chris!
It looks like Zod won't be anymore redeemed than Lex!

I enjoyed B&B.
I like science but I don't have any idea if that was the original Doom Patrol and when in time they were.

It wasn't until recently that we could detect black holes at all.
Einsteir therorized about them but didn't really believe in them because we had no way to 'see' them.

Hubble changed that, I think, not sure, but I'm never sure of things I think.
sigh

But the Legionnaires didn't have Thom or Ayla with them, and Ayla was still lightning then.
So their abilities would be a moot point, right?
They had to make do.

My favorite part was was Imra and Rokk being out of uniform for a few panels.
Thank the Lord that they actually were shown to take them off.
Or even PARTS of them.
Such a natural, realistic moment!

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I just realized, you'd think they'd show a bit of concern with the fact that when Earth was destroyed, their other teammates got killed as well...

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought that was kind of groovy actually. Like this sort of thing isn't completely out of the ordinary and the Founders just rolled with it and set out to make it right. Very Silver Age-esque in that regard.

This was probably the best 'founders all together' story in quite a long time.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Levitz fans will also want to check out Paul's strongest showing since his 'return' thus far in Superman/Batman. Very well done!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candle:

It wasn't until recently that we could detect black holes at all.

It wasn't until recently that we could detect planets in other solar systems either. But it's not hard to detect a planet that's right here.
Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.