Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper (Page 39)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44   
Author Topic: Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
Ok, so is Legacies supposed to be what happened in the current version of the DCU or not? It is awful weird that 'Final Night' happened, the Legion from Earth 247 participated and Superman didn't even blink at the much different version of the Legin from the one he knew. Not to mention that it does not seem to bother him (or any of the writers for that matter) that there is a Douglas Nolan calling himself Fero with a twin brother and the power to turn himself into organic iron that plans to sacrifice himself to destroy the Sun Eater.... all about a thousand years before Fero Lad (aka Douglas Nolan) sacrifices himself to defeat the Sun Eater? And, the art for the Black Adam back-up story made it completely unreadable. Sorry, but this issue pretty much stank... what a waste of my time and money!!

--------------------
gone

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Iam Legion:
Ok, so is Legacies supposed to be what happened in the current version of the DCU or not? It is awful weird that 'Final Night' happened, the Legion from Earth 247 participated and Superman didn't even blink at the much different version of the Legin from the one he knew. Not to mention that it does not seem to bother him (or any of the writers for that matter) that there is a Douglas Nolan calling himself Fero with a twin brother and the power to turn himself into organic iron that plans to sacrifice himself to destroy the Sun Eater.... all about a thousand years before Fero Lad (aka Douglas Nolan) sacrifices himself to defeat the Sun Eater? And, the art for the Black Adam back-up story made it completely unreadable. Sorry, but this issue pretty much stank... what a waste of my time and money!!

Legacies is supposed to be the history of the current DCU ie thhe post Infinite Crisis Earth 0. The appearance of the 247 Legion confirms what was stated in Lo3W - that they travelled between universes when time travelling - and what Bruce Wayne said in Action 864 - that this alternate Legion had been on their Earth.

So this Legacies boook shows the 247 team on Earth 0 back during Final Night. True the "whoa you're not the Legion I know" conversation wasn't shown (and back in Final Night wouldn't have occured because that was pre Infinite Crisis). But the Legacies issue starts after Superman and the Legion meet and we have to take it that the conversation would have taken place in some form. Remember this is aimed at DCU fans not fans of Legion minutia.

With Ferro, only Superman would have known of the 30th century Andrew Nolan and any thoughts/comments were off-panel in Legacies.

I was never a fan of the reboots but I am pleased that their continuity is established as part of DC canon albeit on a defferent Earth to the main DCU.

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
I am well awre that the original 'Final Night' storyline didn't require any explainations as to Legion since they were THE version of the Legion then. Since Legacies is supposeed to be the 're-arranged' history to fit 'current', 'Earth 0' history I expect a few attempts at the writer trying to make it fit with a few simple explainations as to those changes. What ticks me off is that THIS is their chance to make some of those explainations like if/how Supergirl took part in CoIE, Superman being surprised about the 'different' version of the Legion, or Superman being startled by the weird similarity of Fero's plan to Fero Lad's future fate. Instead we get total cr@p like the Legion back-up story or whatever the Black Adam story was supposed to be. It leaves me very angry and dissapointed in DC and questioning if it is worth my time, effort and money to try to persue this new version of the Legion's story.

--------------------
gone

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Check out Superman #709 for a one panel cameo by XS in Barry Allen's thoughts

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TimeTrapR
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TimeTrapR           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Iam Legion:
I am well awre that the original 'Final Night' storyline didn't require any explainations as to Legion since they were THE version of the Legion then. Since Legacies is supposeed to be the 're-arranged' history to fit 'current', 'Earth 0' history I expect a few attempts at the writer trying to make it fit with a few simple explainations as to those changes. What ticks me off is that THIS is their chance to make some of those explainations like if/how Supergirl took part in CoIE, Superman being surprised about the 'different' version of the Legion, or Superman being startled by the weird similarity of Fero's plan to Fero Lad's future fate. Instead we get total cr@p like the Legion back-up story or whatever the Black Adam story was supposed to be. It leaves me very angry and dissapointed in DC and questioning if it is worth my time, effort and money to try to persue this new version of the Legion's story.

I think it was during the Showcase appearances of the Legion or their 20th Century stories that had Superman mention how he had met different versions of the Legion at different points in their time. It was reference to "Time and Time Again" and Superman seemed to have to just assumed they were the same people he had met. It was inferred but not belabored that Superman's memory of being a member of the "real" Legion was blocked after the Crisis during the JLA/Legion/JSA story and more so during the Action Comics story.
Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Kayak
Italian Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Kayak   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
for those who are interested, in action comics #900 there's a 3 pages long legion story by geoff johns and gary frank [Smile]

--------------------
Ciao a tutti,
FABIO

http://www.nottolone.net/legione/

From: Milan, Italy | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Kayak:
for those who are interested, in action comics #900 there's a 3 pages long legion story by geoff johns and gary frank [Smile]

I bought the issue yesterday. Don't you just love the part with Brin and Ayla?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Kayak
Italian Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Kayak   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
Don't you just love the part with Brin and Ayla?

absolutely [Big Grin]

i also love gary frank's version of the legionnaires' costumes. i'm really disappointed in how in the current series they're slowly but steadily bringing the characters' look closer to the seventies or the eighties: come on, let's move on!

--------------------
Ciao a tutti,
FABIO

From: Milan, Italy | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I wish someone could post a scan of that spread here. I splurged and bought Action #900 on Tuesday because of how much that spread made me smile.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

i'm really disappointed in how in the current series they're slowly but steadily bringing the characters' look closer to the seventies or the eighties: come on, let's move on!

Then again, sometimes change for the sake of change is counter-productive. Some of those 70s/80s costumes are just plain easier on the eye than their modern counterparts.

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Kayak
Italian Legionnaire

quote:
Originally posted by the Hermit:
[QUOTE]
Some of those 70s/80s costumes are just plain easier on the eye than their modern counterparts.

i don't agree [Smile]

anyway, put aside gary frank's designs, the current artist could have just tried something new altoghether. instead, we're stuck in the 70s/80s not only on the story side (sigh), but also on the art side. it saddens me, especially considering that once the legion was a comic book ahead of its times.

sorry for going OT!

@Sarcasm Kid: here's the awsome picture you're looking for: http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/2944075.html [Smile]

--------------------
Ciao a tutti,
FABIO

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I've said elsewhere that I don't really like the mixing of eras for the retroboot costumes but I dislike many of the new costumes, too.
sigh

The Frank picture is adorable, though.
Clark is sure a hunk.
He looks more like Lar than himself.

I'd sure like to know what Lois' story is about!

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Brin stuffing his face with pizza is the most adorable thing ever. ^_^

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Prepare yourselves!
Click for fullsize image

[ April 29, 2011, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
Prepare yourselves!
Click for fullsize image

What--No Earth Man? Would have loved to have seen Clark's reaction to have Kirt drop by...

[ April 29, 2011, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.