Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper (Page 20)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  42  43  44   
Author Topic: Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
veryvery
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veryvery   Author's Homepage   Email veryvery         Edit/Delete Post     
some of is it "the vega system is no longer outside of the green lantern corps' jurisdiction", of course! i mean the other bits!

--------------------
http://www.adrianaferguson.com
http://joteivv.deviantart.com
http://superfuturefriends.blogspot.com

From: Seattle | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bottle City of Kanga
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bottle City of Kanga   Author's Homepage   Email Bottle City of Kanga         Edit/Delete Post     
Is everyone reading Superman?

It's really good! It's like how Valor might have been if it was done properly the first time.

There's also an exciting appearance from Tellus!

http://bottlecityofkanga.blogspot.com/2009/05/superman-687-one-for-legion-lovers.html

--------------------
http://bottlecityofkanga.blogspot.com/

Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I liked Valor, I have no shame in saying but your other sentiments are mine too!
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionboy
Ex Science Police/Honary Legionaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionboy   Email legionboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Superman is great right now. I do have to say i thought the Zero Hour issues were fantastic to finish out the Valor series.

--------------------
There is no better Super Hero group to have ever been in comics than the Legion of Super Heroes.

From: BGTZL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
Brave & the Bold #23 has a new Rip Hunter chalkboard with a couple of Legion related entries...

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by veryvery:
in green lantern 40, THE BOOK OF OA IS HELLA WRITTEN IN INTERLAC!!

i had no idea! i'm staring really hard trying ot read it, i'm usually pretty good at sight-translating it but...

help?

-

It was shown awhile ago that the book of OA is interlac. (which I honestly find weird) The other type is the other "new" laws. There was a clearer shot of the book somewhere, but it's not a surprise - it's exactly what the other three laws are, which the Guardians spelled out as they did the fouth one here. This isn't word for word, but the other laws are:
- lethal force is sanctioned against member of the Sinestro Corps
- lethal force is sanctioned against all enemies of the GLC
- romantic relations within the GLC are forbidden

So, I imagine the left hand page in the image reads: (I'm filling in the blanks where there are brackets)

"[lethal force again]st the [sinestro corps] has be[en] authorized"

"[lethal fo]rce has be[en authorize]d against all [enemies] of the green [lantern corp]s"

[ May 31, 2009, 12:37 AM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
Valor was still better than whatever Mon-El is today, even though current version is good too.
From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not so sure. I really did like the Valor series but it seemed pretty directionless until the build up to Zero Hour. There was quite a bit of construction of a mythos going on and I was eager to see where it might go but Glorith and the Legion took over the series. That's not actually a complaint, mind you, I loved it but it concluded the series and come to think of it concluded the entire DC reboot.
The last half dozen issues were wonderful.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Yk:
I'm not so sure. I really did like the Valor series but it seemed pretty directionless until the build up to Zero Hour. There was quite a bit of construction of a mythos going on and I was eager to see where it might go but Glorith and the Legion took over the series. That's not actually a complaint, mind you, I loved it but it concluded the series and come to think of it concluded the entire DC reboot.
The last half dozen issues were wonderful.

I may agree that it was a bit directionless, but character building was much stronger then. Now, it seems all pretty rushed, as most scripts these days seem to be (action-oriented). I think he was more fully conceived by Bob Fleming (and Kurt Busiek) than now.
From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Para-Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Para-Dox   Author's Homepage   Email Para-Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm loving Mon-El and Tellus in Superman, the guardian not so much.

also maybe not DCU 'proper' but Landry Walker has posted concept sketches of Brainiac 5 online had he appeared in Supergirl:Cosmic Adventures in the 8th grade. (Why he didn't is mentioned there although he was mentioned and Supergirl wore her Legion ring and belt from issue 3)Also some Streaky the Super-Cat

http://xray-studios.livejournal.com/50394.html

--------------------
'You don't need a victory to prove to me you're tops' - Supergirl to Brainiac 5 (Adventure Comics 375)

benevolentbrainiac.webs.com

From: England | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Legion, specifically Karate Kid gets a mention in Wednesday's comics, the Teen Titan strip.

It say KK in a brainwashed state had taken on the Trident costume.

Did this really happen? I must have missed that story.

This would be the first reference in Wednesday's comics to traditional DC Universe, at least that I've noticed.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
Legion, specifically Karate Kid gets a mention in Wednesday's comics, the Teen Titan strip.

It say KK in a brainwashed state had taken on the Trident costume.

Did this really happen? I must have missed that story.

This would be the first reference in Wednesday's comics to traditional DC Universe, at least that I've noticed.

This happened in Justive League 1-4 & 7, in the run up to the Lightning Saga
From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Why in the world would the Wednesday Comics Teen Titans strip mention that KK was disguised as Trident? How did that even come up??
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Because Trident is the villian in the strip.
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey guys, guess where Jeckie is.
Click Here For A SpoilerSuperman #692

[ September 30, 2009, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: Sarcasm Kid ]

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.