Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper (Page 41)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42  43  44   
Author Topic: Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere or not, but I was catching up on Booster Gold issues and was pleasantly surprised to see the Giffen-era Legion (looks to be during a rollover from 70s outfits to 80s outfits) make a sizable guest appearance in Booster Gold #43.

It includes Proty slapping people Cosmic Boy-style. Always a treat.

Click for fullsize image

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, how the heck did I ever miss this! [Embarrassed]

I'm going back and picking this up pronto!!!

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by future king:
Wow, how the heck did I ever miss this! [Embarrassed]

I'm going back and picking this up pronto!!!

It got me reading Booster Gold.

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Insignificant Legion app. in Kid Flash Lost #3.
Strictly for AR Legion collectors!(like myself)

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone not following the new Demon Knights is missing out on Mordru in the Middle Ages

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
According to the DC Comics site, the Legion will appear in ACTION COMICS #5 and #6:

"Fresh off of his bestselling FLASHPOINT miniseries, industry legend Andy Kubert will be joining critically acclaimed writer Grant Morrison for a special, two-issue arc of ACTION COMICS in DC COMICS-THE NEW 52. Issues #5 and #6 will guest star the Legion of Super-Heroes, while also laying groundwork for things to come much, much later in Superman’s story. And keep an eye out for Krypto!"

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Thumbs up to this news, as well as the Krypto tidbit - mostly for the fact I'm enjoying Morrison's revision of Superman's early days and don't mind continuing to read about it.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
This is in no way recent. It's just something I recently heard about, and I couldn't think of anywhere else to share it.

Tim Hunter and Mister E. tour the 31st century. The Books of Magic #4 1990

-

-

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Para-Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Para-Dox   Author's Homepage   Email Para-Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
Supergirl and Brainy are on ice again:

Mike Johnson : She & Brainy can have a million superbabies later! In the meantime...

So he won't be a part of the new Supergirl series in any way for a while

--------------------
'You don't need a victory to prove to me you're tops' - Supergirl to Brainiac 5 (Adventure Comics 375)

benevolentbrainiac.webs.com

From: England | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by kenaustin:
This is in no way recent. It's just something I recently heard about, and I couldn't think of anywhere else to share it.

-

-

FABOO!!
Thanks for sharing, Ken. This is going on LWs facebook page, posthaste!

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
quote:
Originally posted by kenaustin:

-

-

FABOO!!
Thanks for sharing, Ken. This is going on LWs facebook page, posthaste!

Yeah, I agree that this was a good catch. It really explains the larger context and ramifications of the Magic Wars, and also why magic continually seems to crop up in a big way in the 30th/31st centuries/

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Looks like Hunter is being re-imagined in the 21st Century as a hawk & Dove villain.

Click for fullsize image

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
Legion appearance from today's Action Comics...

-

-

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
The best the founders have looked in a long time.

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh wow, haven't seen Saturn Girl in a cloak for ages, or Lightning Lad, for that matter.

And has Cosmic Boy *ever* worn a cloak? Cool. He looks a little blocky, but I'm used to the Legionnaires having completely different faces and / or body types with every artist...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.