Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Need A Legion Reference? Post Here (Page 51)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  ...  65  66  67   
Author Topic: Need A Legion Reference? Post Here
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Rich, feel free to ask Qs! That's what this thread is for.

As EDE said, in many ways this new series picks up where the 80s series left off. So a lot (but not all) of 1958-1989 is restored to the backstory.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I recently read about some worlds with alien characters in the Legionverse and have had no luck finding out more about them;

Does anyone know anything about the world of Houp (natives could turn into electricity, or were always made out of electricity), Ankar (natives had some sort of ultravision power) or Zyni'ir (natives had psionic powers)?

In that same list, I found mention of planet Seeris, which also had psionic natives, but managed to find that one online.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
IIRC, a native of Ankar was featured in the Night Girl back-up story (the one also starring Sinde). There's also a giant Ankarian toad featured in Adv. 358 (the story with the Hunter). Ankar is a perpetually dark world, whose natives can see in the dark, if I'm remembering things right. (They may have "radar vision", or something, now that I think about it).

Huop is the source of one of the alien moneys featured in Adv. 350 and 377. Its natives use money made of energy.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
IIRC, a native of Ankar was featured in the Night Girl back-up story (the one also starring Sinde). There's also a giant Ankarian toad featured in Adv. 358 (the story with the Hunter). Ankar is a perpetually dark world, whose natives can see in the dark, if I'm remembering things right. (They may have "radar vision", or something, now that I think about it).

Huop is the source of one of the alien moneys featured in Adv. 350 and 377. Its natives use money made of energy.

Awesome, you rock! Someone was running a Legion game over on the Mutants & Masterminds forums, and had a list of UP worlds where the natives had super-powers, and I didn't recognize those four, and even teh Google could only find Seeris!

Fortunately for me, your brain is of Coluan caliber and superior to any mere earth technology. [Smile]

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Does anyone have any scans of Dolores Pratchet, the Satan Girl from Peter David's Supergirl series?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
What issue #? I'll see if I can find it & scan it.
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 2 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
I found this on Google:
 -

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
I recently read about some worlds with alien characters in the Legionverse and have had no luck finding out more about them;

Does anyone know anything about the world of Houp (natives could turn into electricity, or were always made out of electricity), Ankar (natives had some sort of ultravision power) or Zyni'ir (natives had psionic powers)?

Houp is actually spelled Huop and is from Adventure 350 and 377.

Ankar is Adventure 358.

Edit: never mind. Someone got to it first.

I don't have information for Zyni'ir. The list I'm using is an old paper list from Klordny APA and is up to date to LSH V3 #34. It was created by Arthur Lewandowski, and used by Mark Waid in Who's Who/LSH. I'd love to put it online, except it's 8 pages of text and won't scan well. Any volunteers to help type it in?

Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Thanks for the info. I was working up a Durlan character who could only shapechange into people she'd analyzed the DNA of (which she did by contact, even a handshake), but could also replicate any superhuman powers that they had racially. So she'd be able to shrink, if she touched an Imskian and assumed their form (but to shrink, she would *have* to assume their form!), but if she touched Gim or Dirk or Tasmia or Ayla, she'd get nothing, since, even if their powers have affected their DNA, they aren't racial powers.

So, naturally, I was looking for what sort of worlds existed that had naturally-powered races, and weren't necessarily already in the Legion, such as Tamaranians or Renii.

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Sort of related to Set's request, yet not...

Does anyone have a scan of the 5YG (???) page in which Shrinking Violet actually forgave Yera for the latter's impersonation. Yeah, I know it's not in continuity anymore, but...

[shrug]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Nighty!

(BTW, who were the artists here? Major Spoilers drives me nuts when they post histories and don't bother to identify the artists who were working when I was AWOL from comics.)

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
The artists on that page were Brandon Peterson and Scott Hanna
From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Thanks much, stuorstew.

--------------------

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Most of my collection is packed away and in storage, and google image search isn't turning anything up.....

Anyone have an image (or images) of violet from the current incarnation of the Legion?
I have a very small one from Adventure #11, doesn't really show much detail.
Need it for a new manip.

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  ...  65  66  67   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.