Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Shooter gone @ 50, Bedard re-launching Legion?!?!?!? (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Shooter gone @ 50, Bedard re-launching Legion?!?!?!?
Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy   Email Superboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Silver Age Lad:
quote:
Finally, we were told that all three Legions would exist (as would the Multiverse) at the conclusion of L3W and Final Crisis,
Just the opposite. Dan DiDio said there would be just one Legion after L3W. Presumably the Time Trapper will eradicate the other two universes/time lines or whatever without affecting the Multiverse.

Which Legion will be left? well imagine the conversation in 2006:

Geoff Johns: Dan, I want to bring back the classic Legion from the Levitz era. Let's spend the next two years re-introducing them into the DCU.
Dan DiDio: Cool
Geoff Johns: And we'll make them part of Superman's past again and feature them in Action Comics.
Dan DiDio: Great and to promote it we'll issue lots of TPBs, and hardcovers and get them on the cover of the San Diego Comic Con magazine.
Geoff Johns: Fantastic. And then to round it off we have a mini series where they meet the other versions of the Legion.
Dan DiDio: Oh yes! I can see the bucks flying in.
Geoff Johns: And then at the end of the mini I kill them off again.
Dan DiDio: Geoff you are a genius.

It isn't going to happen

It is conflicting information isn't it?

LOL your story was funny but I don't think it's that bad. I think it's more a case of disogranization than cruelty.

The Action Legion sold nicely, it's numbers helped Action Comics and they were rock solid numbers ...DC would love to pull that off monthly, I think Johns would too, and I think Didio would too...it's just they don't use common sense or something and they take advantage of the Legion fanbase.

I mean this is a horrible idea if it's what DC is planning, a 3 boot mini or something coming off the LO3W. I actually wish Johnston would stop publishing Legion rumors...even if they are true. I want to hear good news...

Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
If Bedard comes back I wonder if he'll bring Calero with him. That'd be good. I like Manapul but there was something about Calero's art that particularly appealed to me.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Unfortunately for all both of us Calero legion fans, that's not too likely. Calero has a Darkman gig at Marvel. Maybe you should all come to the Baltimore Comic Con and ask the creators yourselves.
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
DC January 2009 solicitaions:

Legion of Super-Heroes: Arena

From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askanipsion
Telepath

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askanipsion   Author's Homepage   Email Askanipsion         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ricardo:

Where did you see this? I couldn't find it on any of the sites that post solicitations.
From: South Florida | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
I think he's joking.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
I HOPE he's joking...

... I know him - so I KNOW he's joking [Smile]

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Askanipsion:
quote:

Where did you see this? I couldn't find it on any of the sites that post solicitations.
It was a joke, don't worry. I don't think DC would get THAT low... Or would it?
From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

Let's wait and see what the storyline in L3W #5 is......
From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askanipsion
Telepath

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askanipsion   Author's Homepage   Email Askanipsion         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Askanipsion:
quote:

Ugg my heart almost stopped when I read it.....whew

I figure they are just going to do what they did with Titans in the Titans/JLA team-up.

#1 issues sell....so it will be a new series I think after L3W.

From: South Florida | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lad Boy:
Unfortunately for all both of us Calero legion fans, that's not too likely. Calero has a Darkman gig at Marvel. Maybe you should all come to the Baltimore Comic Con and ask the creators yourselves.

I hope you are counting me as one of the both. If not, make it three.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
veryvery
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veryvery   Author's Homepage   Email veryvery         Edit/Delete Post     
guys @_@ he's NOT doing LSH @___@

--------------------
http://www.adrianaferguson.com
http://joteivv.deviantart.com
http://superfuturefriends.blogspot.com

From: Seattle | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

quote:
Originally posted by veryvery:
guys @_@ he's NOT doing LSH @___@

But is he doing something RELATED to LSH? ::wink::
PenaltyKillah
Out of Continuity!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PenaltyKillah   Author's Homepage   Email PenaltyKillah         Edit/Delete Post     
Considering you got your info off Rich here, I take it with a pinch of salt. And LSHv5 concluding? Not very surprising. But Levitz/Giffen and not Johns and/or Perez? Give an old man what he wants, for the latter.

And I don't see how Lo3W can fiddle with the awkward time-space anomalies any better than LSHv4105, or Legionnaires 61, which had the title of "If I Could Turn Back Time". Eye...ronic!

--------------------
"For some reason I can't explain or understand, and probably never will... EVERYTHING comes from SUPERMAN." - Alexander Luthor, Jr.

Unfortunately, the Legion is no exception.

From: Canadia | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
And I don't see how Lo3W can fiddle with the awkward time-space anomalies any better than LSHv4105, or Legionnaires 61, which had the title of "If I Could Turn Back Time".
Geoff Johns + Time Trapper = solution

My guess is that the reboot/3boot will be from 'pocket universes' - not one of the 52 Earths - so the Trapper can wipe them out without affecting the multiverse. Geoff Johns has stated that the Superboy pocket universe is canon so adding two more doesn't seem a big deal for bad ol TT.

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.