Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts Discussion Thread (Page 45)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 64 pages: 1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  ...  62  63  64   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts Discussion Thread
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Language Arts Lad:
Black (Future) History Month-

Jacques, Danielle, Jenni, Tyroc, James, this new Thom, what was his name... Gear

oh, and/or if it isn't too much over the edge, Black versions of other team members

Don't forget
Catspaw, Monica Sade, Quicksand, Soljier, Pulsar from the Karate Kid series,Dave Cockrum's Trio and Power Boy from his Outsiders, and Last but least Ferro Lad.

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I expect to have Ayla art ready tomorrow or by Monday at the latest. It looks like a Mod usually starts it off? If no one else does, I'll start one when I'm ready, but I'll need someone else to highlight it.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Ayla month is started and highlighted. Looking forward to more submissions.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Black History Month has received the most attention so far. Language Arts Lad and Lone Wolf Legionnaire have listed some excellent choices for which characters to include.

The Valentine's Day Massacre has gotten some interest, too.

Lately, I've been making the call for these exhibits around the middle of the month, so we have plenty of time before a decision, if there are any other ideas or any more votes for either of the current nominees for themes.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Ayla month is started and highlighted. Looking forward to more submissions.

Thanks!

I wasn't as ambitious as planned last night, so I'll post a bunch Monday instead.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

I believe enough time has passed to determine that Black History Month is the theme for February.

quote:
Originally posted by Lone Wolf Legionnaire:
quote:
Originally posted by Language Arts Lad:
Black (Future) History Month-

Jacques, Danielle, Jenni, Tyroc, James, this new Thom, what was his name... Gear

oh, and/or if it isn't too much over the edge, Black versions of other team members

Don't forget
Catspaw, Monica Sade, Quicksand, Soljier, Pulsar from the Karate Kid series,Dave Cockrum's Trio and Power Boy from his Outsiders, and Last but least Ferro Lad.

The thing is, I don't understand the Ferro Lad and Soljer suggestions. I'll look at my copy of the story he appeared in.

I'm pretty sure there were more black characters that appeared in Jeff Moy stories, so I'll dig into that, too.

This theme prompted me to do some research. I actually didn't know much about Black History Month, so I thank those of you who elected it. Legion World is educational!

Here's a website that I found helpful:
http://www.infoplease.com/spot/bhmintro1.html

[ January 10, 2008, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: Sketch Lad ]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Please begin thinking about themes for March!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Jim Shooter's original version of Ferro Lad was for him to be black,the editor said no,so Shooter killed the character off.
And Mike Grell drew Soljer as a black man but the colorist made him into a white guy.

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

I didn't know those stories. Thank you. In their own way, they are examples of why Black History Month was created.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I have one! I'd thought of this to tie in with the Oscars, but they're being held in late February rather than March again this year. But still--

-- Legion characters as stars, directors, costume designers, etc. of a MGM-style movie studio (Legion Superior Holofilms?).

-- RJ Brande as a mogul like LB Mayer
-- Salu Digby as a miniature set designer/builder
-- Querl Dox as a SFX creator run amok
-- Zoe Saugin (sp?) as a whirlwind costume designer extraordinaire with a staff of Athramites

etc.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
interesting!

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

I was going to suggest an Irish theme... but the Oscars has potential.

But between a lack of blockbuster nominees and the writer's strike, which might further dim this year's celebration, Oscar might make a better holdover for 2009?

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Correct me if I'm over simplifying, but it seems we have:

2 votes for Movie Studio Legion
1 vote for Irish Legion

I tend to vote for the majority, but let's wait til the end of the week....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll vote for Movie Legion if that allows for Legionnaires cast in famous movie roles!
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Actually, I was thinking along the same lines. I like the idea of a more general Hollywood theme. In my mind, I'm thinking of the obvious Legionnaires as famous actors... Dream Girl as Marilyn Monroe, Jo or Dirk as James Dean, etc.

Unless there's any objection, let's go with it!
MOVIE LEGION FOR MARCH!

aaaaaaaaand.....ACTION!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 64 pages: 1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  ...  62  63  64   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.