Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts Discussion Thread (Page 46)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 64 pages: 1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  ...  62  63  64   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts Discussion Thread
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Kinda random, but I'd like to nominate Star Boy for April's subject. He's had a few different looks; his Adventure Era costume, his Cockrum costume, his Giffen bearded look, his Zero Hour look, his Batball Coach look, his Reboot look, his current look and his similar Toon look, his Starman JSA look.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd second that.

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
After reading Fat Cramer's Wildstorm Legion idea, I'd like to throw in a vote for that.

It could be cool to see a Liefield/Lee/Silvestri/etc. take on our favorite team.

The classic Authority cover, only with Ayla in place of Jenny Whatever-her-name-was, Sun Boy or old-school (pre-beard) Star Boy as Apollo, Timber Wolf or Karate Kid as Midnighter, Dawmstar as the one-with-wings, etc. for instance, could be fun. Instead of the Bleedship thing in the background, a Legion Cruiser could serve as hovering backdrop.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

So, that'd be 2 votes for Star Boy, one vote for Wildstorm Legion.

Not a lot of activity at the Movie Exhibit! Does anyone think we need an intervention?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
How about a gallery for the current Action Comics Legion?
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Hmmm...

Wildstorm
Star Boy
current Action Comics Legion

All great themes. Now, how best to make them happen?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Okay, I think I have it.

Please note....

The current March exhibit, Movie Legion, is halfway through it's stay, and we only have 2 submissions. I would like to call for Star Boy entries to be added to this month's gallery.

Please feel free to add older Star Boy pieces as well as new ones. Lots of Star Boy looks and eras to play with.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

APRIL IS LEGIONS OF LEGIONS MONTH!!!!

More specifically, please submit pieces (various mediums are welcome) of the Legion currently seen in Action Comics.

ALSO

Please submit your pieces of the Legion as if they presented by Wildstorm comics. Please see Set's post above for ideas, as well as Fat Cramer's thread on the Legion board. (I know I still need to get references.)

Writers, we haven't heard from you in a while! Let's hear it!

Artists, get those cross hatching strokes warmed up!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

As a matter of fact, I am currently entered in a Project Runway style competition at CBR. It's called CBRunway. The moderator posts the challenge and we designers create. I must thank Titan Lad for mentioning the contest here at LW!

So far, we have had to create a comic book superhero based on ourselves. Mine was called "The Ambassador." I'll post the sketch sometime soon. I made the cut.

The current challenge is to design a character based on the typical Rob Liefield 90's style. Voting is now happening. My character's name is MANICURE. She has super long sharp invulnerable claws. I'll post the sketch soon.

My point (besides self promotion!) is that the Liefeldian designs totally made me think about the Wildstorm Legion theme coming up. I feel like I'll be pretty darn ready for that when the time comes! I think it'll be fun.

I still haven't picked up the most recent copy of Action comics, because the CBS didn't include it in my box order. Now I have to go to some other shop and hunt for it! But I am looking forward to drawing that Legion. It'll be all new for me.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

My vote for the May theme comes from the Legion board....

Legion Pajamas!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Let's see those Action Legion submissions! Paging Jorge!

Also, any Wildstorm Legion stories ready? Set?

I have a couple sketches to submit. Still need to scan them.

Anyone want to second pajamas? Any other ideas for May?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd love to do some work on the Action Legion, but this works out to be an unfortunate choice of months in that regard; I'm not sure how much (if anything) I'll get done this month.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
My point (besides self promotion!) is that the Liefeldian designs totally made me think about the Wildstorm Legion theme coming up. I feel like I'll be pretty darn ready for that when the time comes! I think it'll be fun.

*points out that Wildstorm was Jim Lee, not Liefeld*

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
I'd love to do some work on the Action Legion, but this works out to be an unfortunate choice of months in that regard; I'm not sure how much (if anything) I'll get done this month.

At least the gallery will still be around. You can add to it whenever you'd like.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

I haven't gone to pick up the final episode of the Action run yet. I suppose I've been waiting to do that before I begin sketching those characters. Meanwhile, I have a Liefeld-ish looking sketch of The Founders done, but....

*points out that Wildstorm was Jim Lee, not Liefeld*

(I knew that, btw, but Liefeld did kinda sorta make me think of Lee and the Wildstorm gang.)

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 64 pages: 1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  ...  62  63  64   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.