Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » 2013 LW Gathering: Destination Chi-town (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: 2013 LW Gathering: Destination Chi-town
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
it looks like a good area to be, and way better of a value than the hotels I've been looking at.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Cool find, Kent. That looks to be about a mile from Navy Pier, so really quite close to the city center.

And... hopefully... Lincoln Park has absolutely nothing to do with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yw1Tgj9-VU&ob=av2e

[Smile]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
rather than hotels, consider: http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p235477

among 10 people, that's $37 .50 a night. if we have more than 10 (as we hopefully will), they have other units for rent in the same building.

I like the looks of this!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

The site has a number of options. I posted that as an example because it can accomodate 10.

As much as we will likely want to sample local cuisine, it'd be nice to have the option to do brekkie and/or lunch in our own kitchens, if/when we so choose, or have a fridge to bring home leftovers, too.

I've no problem splurging on a nice dinner or brunch, but that doesn't mean very meal has to be such.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
That's a really cool option!

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
That does sound like it would be ideal. It would be better than having us all spread out at different hotels. We could even spend an evening in just talking and/or watching videos (the Legioon cartoon)

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Shining Son:
While I'm in this thread I might as well also mention how I feel about comic cons. Which is "eh".

I think it's a fine idea for this group to meet at a comic con, but the con would more likely be the focus rather than the group. Anyone who wants to be at a comic con at all wants to do many of the things on the program there, and I imagine it's hard to do both that and spending any significant time with a group.

Even though I prefer not to have the meetup at a con, I was at San Diego in 2008 with the big meetup there. We went to many panels together. The thing was, we (that is Nightcrawler) did have a table at the con that served as a central meeting place. People came and went as they wanted to, but there was always someone at the table. And at the end of the day we were all (mostly) together so as to make plans for the evening.

I would be going just to meet up with people, so a con would not make me want to go more.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I just want to meet as many of you as possible. Spending money on a con seems a little counter productive for those on a tighter budget.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I am officially in LOVE with the idea of a mass marathon viewing of the Legion cartoon with you all!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I hope someone comes who has them on DVD. Or their laptop, which apparently connects to an HDTV now (that's right, we're in the 21st century).

Though I suspect minithons of 1 season each might be enough for one day.

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
"Sleeps 10" doesn't necessarily mean 10 beds though does it? (Assuming most of us will want to at least start the evening in our own beds.)
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

No, not 10 beds. But even th same suite divided. Up among the number of beds is still a bargain vs hotels.
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
This sounds like an awesome idea. What's the cancellation policy? Could we just book a couple now and sort out the details later?

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Well GiGi pointed me in the direction of this thread.

I would love to do this. but as everyone else has said money is the crucial issue. If I can scrape the funds together I would come. Also, flying across the Atlantic for a one or two night meet is a bit of an extravagance so I would probably be looking to spend a week over there. (A good excuse to have a look at some war of 1812 sites perhaps)

put me down as interested but not firm (ooooh er missus) [Eek!]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
That does sound like it would be ideal. It would be better than having us all spread out at different hotels. We could even spend an evening in just talking and/or watching videos (the Legioon cartoon)

For added fun, we (heh, if I can go [Razz] ) can do our own cooking for some meals. Pasta or fried rice, for example, are both easy/quick to make and very filling.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.