Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Titans Idol! (WE HAVE A WINNER!!!) (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Titans Idol! (WE HAVE A WINNER!!!)
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, Mal could only have been saved at the expense of several other Titans on both your lists, Blacula and Vee [Frown] At the very least, it looks like many of your other faves are going to make it.

Tallying ongoing...

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Round 5 is OVER!

The sun sets on a few more Titans' dreams as we lose 8 more popular Titans.

Your results:

(Pre-Flashpoint) Kole - 256
(Pre-Flashpoint) Nightwing / Robin (Dick Grayson) - 231
(Pre-Flashpoint) Miss Martian - 191
(Pre-Flashpoint) Captain Marvel Jr. - 188
(Pre-Flashpoint) Donna Troy - 181
(Pre-Flashpoint) Dove I (Don Hall) - 162
(Pre-Flashpoint) Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes) - 160
(Pre-Flashpoint) Robin (Tim Drake) - 150
(Pre-Flashpoint) Tempest - 149
(Pre-Flashpoint) Flamebird - 148
(Pre-Flashpoint) Flash (Wally West) - 148
(Pre-Flashpoint) Golden Eagle - 147
(Pre-Flashpoint) Lilith / Omen - 145
(Pre-Flashpoint) Red Arrow / Arsenal - 145
(Pre-Flashpoint) Bumblebee - 137
(Teen Titans Animated) Raven - 135

Bottom 8 going home...

(Pre-Flashpoint) Wendy (Proxy) - 130
(Pre-Flashpoint) Dove II (Dawn Granger) - 120
(Post-Flashpoint) Bunker - 105
(Pre-Flashpoint) Raven - 104
(Teen Titans Animated) Beast Boy - 100
(Pre-Flashpoint) Beast Boy - 80
(Teen Titans Animated) Starfire - 49
(Pre-Flashpoint) Herald (Mal Duncan) - 15

Wow. We lose Bunker, animated starfire and animated Beast Boy, leaving animated Raven as the only non Pre-Flashpoint Titan.

Mal Duncan and Dawn Granger leave us after fighting valiantly these past few rounds; both have had at least one narrow escape before.

Wendy had a good showing too, considering her relatively short tenure and her history as part of the Super Friends cartoon.

Beast Boy and Raven join the other Wolfman-Perez originals Cyborg, Starfire, Jericho and Terra in the Hall of Heroes. I believe Kole is the only Wolfman-Perez original still remaining (besides Animated Raven). I certainly thought more of them would make it farther! Have they become overexposed?

And in a sharp contrast, the original five are all still here - as are several Silver Age Titans.

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Beast Boy and Raven join the other Wolfman-Perez originals Cyborg, Starfire, Jericho and Terra in the Hall of Heroes. I believe Kole is the only Wolfman-Perez original still remaining (besides Animated Raven). I certainly thought more of them would make it farther! Have they become overexposed?

I suspect that they've simply been changed too radically over the years. Raven's been three different characters, Cyborg has been a cyborg, an alien robot and now an Apokaliptikan sleeper agent, Jericho has gone back and forth between good-guy and crazy bad-guy more than Quicksilver, etc.

On the other hand, Roy and Donna have had their share of crazyness, and they are still hanging tough!

Sad to see Animated Starfire cut this round. She was a breath of fresh air. Animated Raven's still holding on for dear life, 'though, and has the distinction of being the last survivor of all the non-Pre-Flashpoint continuities, beating out all other Animated characters, all of the Team Titans (yeah, okay, big whoop), Deathstroke's Titans, the Kingdom Come crew and the DCnU Titans (of which, only Bunker had made it this far)!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
"Titans West" is also doing very well!
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
It is neat that the list isn't a total nostalgia-fest, 'though. Miss Martian, Captain Marvel Jr. and Blue Beetle are hardly the first characters one thinks of when one thinks 'Teen Titans,' and yet there they are, hanging with Dick and Donna and Wally and Roy.

And then there are the characters that remain mysteries to me. Proxy? I have no idea. And Flamebird? Wow, reading her Wiki entry, I had no idea how far she'd risen and fallen over the years, just sort of vaguely remembering her as the rich kid who had a crush on Robin and kept showing up and trying to catch his eye. I like her last costume (before she hooked up with Batwoman). Very distinctive (and it would have complemented the Nightwing costume nicely, which I suspect was the point).

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Round 6 begins!

16 Titans remain! Who will survive THIS round?

Please rank your Top 8!

This round will end Thursday morning PST.

Points will be given as follows:

1 - 75
2 - 55
3 - 40
4 - 30
5 - 20
6 - 10
7 - 5
8 - 1

Bottom 6 go home, leaving us with 10!

House Rules

1) Each round will last about 48 to 72 hours, and will end about the same time every time (morning PST).
2) I'll vote at or near the start of every round to eliminate bias on my part.
3) While I don't encourage changing of votes, I won't disallow them either. I'll post on this thread the minute I start tallying to alert everyone; votes/changes that come in after that will be ignored.
4) In case of errors in the results, I'll post a correction immediately. If anyone's vote was affected by the error, and that poster wasn't able to correct the error in time, he or she will get a makeup vote next round - +15 points to give a character of their choosing.
5. Ties will be broken by looking at the accumulated votes characters earned in previous rounds.
6. Voting rules may change every round, so read carefully before posting!

Your Top 16 Titans!

(Pre-Flashpoint) Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)
(Pre-Flashpoint) Bumblebee
(Pre-Flashpoint) Captain Marvel Jr.
(Pre-Flashpoint) Donna Troy
(Pre-Flashpoint) Dove I (Don Hall)
(Pre-Flashpoint) Flamebird
(Pre-Flashpoint) Flash (Wally West)
(Pre-Flashpoint) Golden Eagle
(Pre-Flashpoint) Kole
(Pre-Flashpoint) Lilith / Omen
(Pre-Flashpoint) Miss Martian
(Pre-Flashpoint) Nightwing / Robin (Dick Grayson)
(Pre-Flashpoint) Red Arrow / Arsenal
(Pre-Flashpoint) Robin (Tim Drake)
(Pre-Flashpoint) Tempest
(Teen Titans Animated) Raven

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I'm also glad the list isn't just the "big name" Titans.

Wendy (Proxy) was a teen genius who was a kind of Ms. Fixit to the Titans, and ended up attacked and wheelchair-bound. Wow, huh?

Bumblebee's original Titans membership spanned, what, 5 issues at the most? And Kole's entire appearances spanned less than a year before she died, too!

Sad to see Animated Starfire go too. She and Raven were my faves on the Titans toon. Glad to see Raven's still here, she was quite adorable. I really liked both of them over their comics versions.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

In order:

(Pre-Flashpoint) Kole
(Pre-Flashpoint) Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)
(Teen Titans Animated) Raven
(Pre-Flashpoint) Tempest
(Pre-Flashpoint) Captain Marvel Jr.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Bah! My top three, Raven, Wendy, & Bunker are gone. And don't tell me the Animated Raven is still in the running. She is a cool character, but she's not my favorite Raven. Anyway, on to my new 8.

(Pre-Flashpoint) Flash (Wally West)
(Pre-Flashpoint) Donna Troy
(Pre-Flashpoint) Tempest
(Pre-Flashpoint) Nightwing / Robin (Dick Grayson)
(Pre-Flashpoint) Dove I (Don Hall)

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
01. (Pre-Flashpoint) Flash (Wally West)
02. (Pre-Flashpoint) Robin (Tim Drake)
03. (Pre-Flashpoint) Nightwing / Robin (Dick Grayson)
04. (Pre-Flashpoint) Donna Troy
05. (Pre-Flashpoint) Lilith / Omen
06. (Pre-Flashpoint) Dove I (Don Hall)
07. (Pre-Flashpoint) Flamebird
08. (Pre-Flashpoint) Bumblebee

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Uh! Last round was a bloodbath for me! I guess I should've been more strategic in my voting placements instead of (mostly) honoring my previous rankings.

I guess I'm the only one who liked animated Beast Boy. [Frown]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Actually all the animated Teen Titans were cool. I just liked the comic book ones better.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I also lost a 3rd of my list last round, though mainly from the bottom half. I sympathize, Lardy and Quis [Frown]

If it makes you feel better, Lardy, I was torn between the 2 versions of Gar... and ended up losing both of them [Frown]

I'm also pretty bummed at Bunker's elimination. First openly-gay Titan (unless you count Hero Cruz) [Frown]

I think the tough part of this game is balancing our desire to "save" as many faves as possible, with the reality that there'll only be one winner. It's highly possible that some of us will find we've been supporting lower-ranked favorites, who may end up beating our top favorites for slots in future rounds.

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Last time I didn't lose anyone. fingers crossed for this round. (I have to cut so many though!)

1. (Pre-Flashpoint) Captain Marvel Jr.
2. (Pre-Flashpoint) Kole
3. (Pre-Flashpoint) Donna Troy
4. (Pre-Flashpoint) Lilith / Omen
5. (Pre-Flashpoint) Flamebird
6. (Pre-Flashpoint) Golden Eagle
7. (Pre-Flashpoint) Miss Martian
8. (Pre-Flashpoint) Dove I (Don Hall)

Its a founders meat grinder!

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

1 (Pre-Flashpoint) Red Arrow / Arsenal
2 (Pre-Flashpoint) Miss Martian
3 (Pre-Flashpoint) Nightwing / Robin (Dick Grayson)
4 (Teen Titans Animated) Raven
5 (Pre-Flashpoint) Tempest
6 (Pre-Flashpoint) Kole
7 (Pre-Flashpoint) Bumblebee
8 (Pre-Flashpoint) Flash (Wally West)

Time to trim the verge. Sorry Charlie, no more votes for Golden Eagle! Looks like Tempest is gonna bite the big barracuda, too, barring some last minute ballot box stuffing!

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.