Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » THE WALKING DEAD tv show (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 52 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  50  51  52   
Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD tv show
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
OOoh-- forgot to mention:

How do you guys feel about the zombies using ROCKS to smash that window? I'm not sure how much I like this.

^A little on the fence about that one, Lash. Kinda continues the "smart zombie" fears I had about last episode. Also, for a moment there, it looked like the zombies were gonna climb the ladder behind Rick and Glenn. Glad it didn't happen. I don't mind a little here and there, but I hope they don't cross a line.

Also, interesting how Shane and Lori seem much more a couple this time around. Their tonsil-tango last ep implied as much, but the opening moments here really confirmed. The comic implied that they only had sex once and that Lori was never that into Shane even before Rick showed up. Seeing them like that really made me feel bad for Rick...and for Carl, too.

LOVED the dismemberment of the zombie to get Glenn and Rick all gored-up! Other cool gross-outs included that one getting sliced on the side of her face and that other one getting a righteous ax to the head! I very much approve! More proof that AMC is really going all-out in the gore dept. here. [Yes]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Also, that zombie that jumped the gate!! I don't think they should do that either...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hm. Somehow that didn't bother me as much as one climbing a ladder. Maybe because the fence is only so tall? [shrug]

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
The rock didn;t bother me much.

None of them actually vlimbed the ladder, which probably would have boothered me.

Having them try the fence, for some reason does not bother me too much. Marbe teh ones that were close to making it over the fence were a little fresher to the undead side and retained a bit more muscle mass.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Total viewers for last night's episode: 4.7 million. TWD is an unparallelled success for AMC.

Season 2 is OFFICIALLY greenlighted, as can be confirmed by checking ew.com or AMC's site.

YAY!!!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Great news. Now I hope they are ready to start shooting Season Two quick. Any word on when season two will start airing?
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
What time does this show come on in your time zones? It comes on at 11:00 p.m in Tucson, and ends at midnight. I just can't do that on a Sunday night because my work week has me up at 5:00 a.m on Monday morning. I fell asleep before last night's episode and I'm pretty bummed.

Is this a problem for anyone else? Is AMC nuts? Is it a Tucson thing? Am I just getting too damn old?

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

It starts at 10 in the eastern time zone. I assume it shows pretty late because of its content, Jer. No DVR or VCR as alternatives for viewing?

--------------------

Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
I've never been much of a recorder. Just about everything technical in my house has broken in the last two weeks, the mailbox key is lost, and there is a snake in the garage. I might get around to pulling out the DVR manual by Thanksgiving...

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

As far as the fence thing goes...only a few actually tried, only some of those would have made it, and only one got over. It was a pretty small fence anyway, so momentum got them over in my opinion...and the lack of too many pressing up against them.

There is talk of higher fences on the Image boards... Click Here For A Spoileras in the prison fences,, which I do not see being an issue. The Zeds do not have the dexterity to climb those and manuever themselves over the B-wire.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

11? Wow, that's late... comes on at 9 here, which I could do even if I was working.

Meanwhile, I'm totes digging the implication in Dev's spoler! I think I'll pay a visit to... **GASP!** the Image boards.

--------------------

ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
I only saw my 1st ep ("Guts") last night but I enjoyed it well enough.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Really didn't like the second episode. Too much filler and deviation from the books. The new characters were mostly cliches and the dialogue was weak (showing that the strength of the first episode really did come from the source material).

I didn't tell my wife that most of the episode wasn't based on the books until after I got her reaction, which was it wasn't nearly as good as the first one.

Hopefully it gets back on track next week.

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Rogue, upon a subsequent viewing of Episode 2, I lean more toward your point of view, but I am still enjoying it.

Aside from Rick and Glenn's walk in gore (which for me was a real nail-biter), NONE of this episode was from the comic and I do agree that it hurt the episode.

Yet I am STILL looking forward to episode 3!

EPISODE 3 SPOLIERFEST in 6 hours 15 minutes and counting...

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Liked episode 3 a lot. Not quite what happened in the comic, but it keeps some of the same themes from them going. This whole Merle thing is a bit tedious though, and fromt he looks of the preview...we have another group in Atlanta.
  This topic comprises 52 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  50  51  52   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.