Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper (Page 28)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  42  43  44   
Author Topic: Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I was actually thinking DnA-era Kid Quantum II. It basically explains his Deus ex Machina level powers. But it also fits very well with his most commonly depicted abilities, such as teleportation/inter-dimensional travel.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Bottle City of Kanga:
quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
It is official...I hate Jeckies outfit. That is one of the single worst outfits in comics.

I couldn't agree more. I'm amazed there isn't more outrage about it.

In fact, I think I'm going to go off and outrage about it right now.

Seriously, it's the product of a troubled mind.

*giggle!*
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
As I've said about Jeckie before:

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Poor Jeckie... first she was rebooted as a snake, now she's been rebooted as a cougar!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I was actually thinking DnA-era Kid Quantum II. It basically explains his Deus ex Machina level powers. But it also fits very well with his most commonly depicted abilities, such as teleportation/inter-dimensional travel.

Hmmm. I was angling more for 'writers who didn't create him don't use him, then kill him off' than any real power-comparison. As in 'be careful what you wish for."
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
As I've said about Jeckie before:

quote:
Poor Jeckie... first she was rebooted as a snake, now she's been rebooted as a cougar!

Have we established the actual ages of the retroboot Legionnaires?
I don't know how one can be a 'cougar' in your middle 20's!
I mean, without being a pedophile.

(Yeah, yeah, just sort of kidding.)

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone else confused by the depiction of Quislet's power here? It looked like telekinesis (Tellus's thing) when - if I remember correctly - Quislet used to bloop into things, animate them and then they would dissipate once he blooped out again.

--------------------
The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe its an upgrade...

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
I chalk it up to writer totally unfamiliar with the character.
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haggard Lad
S'up?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haggard Lad   Email Haggard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Sterling Gates and James Robinson have an interview on CBR about their Last Stand of New Krypton story that features the Legion:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25173

Near the end they talk about writing the Legion and Gates says the "ultimate Brainiac vs. Brainiac 5 battle of wits" will be in Supergirl #52 along with interesting interactions between Supergirl and Brainy.

--------------------
The Secret Origin of Haggard Lad!

Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
The Last Stand of New Krypton #1

Best line comes from Starman: "The Legion of what? I thought we were the Planeteers." Click Here For A SpoilerWell, the Legionnaires do not show up until about half way through or so. Then they do not do much before Supergirl leaves them in the capable hands of Zod. Who promptly plans to have them arrested. I have not read the New Krypton stuff, but I wonder why Kara would trust Zod so much.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Because, . . . Click Here For A Spoiler. . . the Kryptonians on New Krypton see him as their hero and returned him to the head of their military and protector of their new home.

Kara's had a year of him playing the good guy.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Darlin. That makes more sense now.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder what other cities the Legion was refering to when they said they needed to free them and set history right, the future depends on it (or something to that effect)? Brainiac has these "bottled" cities hidden somewhere? Which cities(worlds?) are they??
I'm a bit confused. Someone please clarify.

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haggard Lad
S'up?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haggard Lad   Email Haggard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by future king:
I wonder what other cities the Legion was refering to when they said they needed to free them and set history right, the future depends on it (or something to that effect)? Brainiac has these "bottled" cities hidden somewhere? Which cities(worlds?) are they??
I'm a bit confused. Someone please clarify.

I think this refered to the list of planets from Adventure Comics #8 that Brainiac is said to have destroyed. Among them are important Legion worlds like Durla I, Rimbor and Imsk. Like the Kryptonian city of Kandor, Brainiac shrunk down one city to keep that civilization's "knowledge" for himself. Whenever we see inside Brainiac's ship, there's tons of bottled cities. The Legion mission will be to get those bottled cities and restore them to the places they'll be in the future, which will preserve the timeline.

--------------------
The Secret Origin of Haggard Lad!

Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
We also know of Braal, Winath, and Tharr from Action #872.

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.