Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies (Page 14)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  33  34  35   
Author Topic: The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Officer Taylor:
Meanwhile, no new issue of TWD (or of Invincible) this month (and one with FIVE Wednesdays, btw)? WTF?!?! Looks like "on time in '09" was truly just last year's philosophy... [Frown]

This truly sucks.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Since the only role they've cast is Shane so far, I'd bet it ends with his and Rick's...confrontation. Basically, the first trade. Unless, they were just gonna squeeze all that into the pilot.

Actually, Kirkman has said he actually hopes they don't adapt everything faithfully, so those of us who read the books will have a few surprises. I'm a little torn on that one. Movies? Yeah, I like faithfullness to the source whenever possible. But watching a TV series every week and knowing everything that will happen could get a little tedious, I suppose. [shrug]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Even if they were to switch a few things up here and there. A character dies where another had in the comics...Characters live when they died in the book.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
That's a possibility. The chance to see a better outcome for [name withheld] would be particularly awesome. I still miss [name withheld] a LOT! It might be annoying, though, if they kill off one or more of some of the longstanding characters who still survive to this day.

Maybe it would be better if they aren't bound as much to all the storylines themselves as opposed to character deaths. While I would LOVE to see the prison sequence covered, it might get a little old if they spend as much time proportionately as the comic did. (I imagine the prison storyline would make for an expensive set in a TV budget, especially as it won't have the budget of, say, Prison Break as an AMC show.)

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

I could see the prison thing working for a season, if they incorporate a few new/other things into the plot as well. Not sure how the first 2 deaths at the prison would be handled ...if at all.

A few expidition episodes to break up the monotony of the prison setting, and there you go.

Dev - Em
KIA

http://www.zombiezonenews.com/archives/amcs-the-walking-dead-not-miniseries/

Not a mini, but a "mini" first season, they did the same thing with Breaking Bad.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Dev, they do mean THIS October, right? 2010??? AWESOME if so!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

I believe so. If they start filming soon, 6 episodes in October seem a lock.

Cannot wait for this...and the DVD set so I can watch it over and over and over...just like Shaun of the Dead.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:

Cannot wait for this...and the DVD set so I can watch it over and over and over...just like Shaun of the Dead.

To the Nth power! We might need to buy 2 copies...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

It's almost feasible we might could buy TWD Season 1 DVD.... for this coming Christmas?!?

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

That would ROCK!!!!!!
Dev - Em
KIA

Rick has been cast.

http://blog.newsarama.com/2010/04/06/walking-dead-has-rick/

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Hm. I hope he realizes he's gonna have to lose a hand....

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

I'm guessing that they'll do a Misery change if they go that route at all.
Dev - Em
KIA

Another casting made...but no real specifics on who he'll play, but as they point out, it seems pretty obvious.

http://www.spinoffonline.com/2010/04/17/the-green-miles-jeffrey-demunn-joins-the-walking-dead/

This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  33  34  35   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.